EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a ride to look for Enclaves today.
We found a very nice red jewel and a platinum.
We custom ordered our Enclave but chose not to order the Navigation.
My husband is questioning whether we should have ordered the Navigation. We were only thinking $$$$ at the time!

The last time I spoke with the dealer, he said we have a build date of 9/10.
Is it possible to call him and ask to add Navigation to our package?
Could this change our build date?
Just wondering before we call tomorrow!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i love it in my enclave .
I can't see it changing a build date but, who know
i would at least look into it

R

·
0 Posts
i can not live with out nav now. it is not just a nav system, it is your radio, it has voice actavation and it will (although not big deal to me) the back up camera. plus it is really clean looking.

·
Registered
317 Posts
4kids,
I don't want to put you in any more agony over Nav. I'm almost 100% certain that any change you make (given you have a build date and your order has been "broadcasted" to the suppliers of the various parts/components that are used to build the Enclave, that you will most certainly end up at the back of the line -- waiting on another allocation to your dealer that allows him to order an Enclave with the Lux package. What I envision happening is that he will simply "complete" your order -- he'll simply let it go through and take that order for stock or sell it to someone else. Then he'll put in a new order for you -- at the beginning of the line again.

Personally, I wouldn't do it -- I would not take the chance of having to wait several more months because of this.

Now, we've never had a vehicle with NAV until the Enclave -- so I decided we would get this, cost be damned. It really is nice. However, my friend just got a CX version with the base radio -- and turn-by-turn OnStar, which we all have. While it doesn't show the map, it does show turns, distance to turns, etc. It's a pretty good replacement without the cost. Even for an additional 2 or 3 yrs of the more expensive OnStar subscription (Directions and Connections with turn-by-turn), you'll still be far ahead of the additional cost.

I'd suggest you not chance getting your Enclave at the risk of having to wait an awful long time more because you decided to add NAV.
YMMV, but good luck in whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely do NOT want to wait any longer. We would say no if we had to do that. :eek:hno:
My husband also said at the beginning that we wouldn't need the navigation because of the Onstar turn-by-turn. but, that screen really looks nice!

I just shopped online and found a lower interest rate than we were getting from the dealer. So, adding the Nav. difference would keep us roughly at the same monthly payment. Please tell me this won't be a problem to walk into the dealer and say we are not going with their financing which we already was pre-approved for

I will talk to my dealerships manager tomorrow, but, if he says what desgnconcpts says, I definitely will go without and just invest in a nice navigation from Best Buy. I would have liked that back-up camera though!! :'(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi 4kids,
Make sure you get the "straight" story from the dealer -- and not a story of "sure we can change it" only to find out in a week or 2, now, they "kicked the order back out of the system, so now we have to re-order for you." Pretty well can guarantee they'd be taking yours for stock. Why don't you call the Buick CUSTOMER care hotline -- or better yet, PM one of the folks from the plant to get the straight story from them. You would really be upset if you went to the back of the line after waiting.

The financing should not be a problem -- but I was told the dealer makes $300 from GMAC for writing up a GMAC loan (I took the 5.9%/36mo that GMAC has been offering -- anything outside of that from GMAC you will pay through the nose).

The back-up camera is really great and certainly the NAV is really nice as well. Tough decision -- maybe you should be hitting the Buick locator instead and simply try to find YOUR Enclave in the surrounding 200 or 300 mile radius. Change the # of cars it returns from 25 to 50, and then use your "end" key to move the address line in your browser to the end of the web address. You'll be able to see pretty quickly the 5 digit zip code. Just double click on that and enter new codes -- that's how we found ours in MI.

Please let us know how this turns out for you and what you decided to do.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
4kids, I don't understand...you went to look at Enclaves today, they had TWO and you decided to custom order and got a build date of 9/10?? How did this all happen so quickly? Am I missing something here? [/color]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
maybe you should be hitting the Buick locator instead and simply try to find YOUR Enclave in the surrounding 200 or 300 mile radius. Change the # of cars it returns from 25 to 50, and then use your "end" key to move the address line in your browser to the end of the web address. You'll be able to see pretty quickly the 5 digit zip code. Just double click on that and enter new codes -- that's how we found ours in MI.
Desgnconcepts....how do change the # of cars from 25 to 50, or enter an actual search radius in miles in the Buick.com locator? I haven't been able to do that. It always limits me to 25 vehicles found and I have to just enter different towns within the 200-300 mile radius to exhaust my search. Are you using a different locator than the one on buick.com?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You can go into the url in your web browsers address bar and modify the settings manually. You simply have to go through the address and find the correct variables.

proximity=
desiredcount=

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
10-4! got it! Now why can't Buick.com just GIVE you that option in their settings?

·
Registered
743 Posts
ccaats said:
10-4! got it! Now why can't Buick.com just GIVE you that option in their settings?
I just came off of Buick.com. I found one a couple of hundred miles away that list for $46,210. I will call them tomorrow. If they really want to sell that vehicle, and make me an offer I can't refuse, It's a done deal. Ha !! That's too good to be true but I will try it.
If they act right, I'll be driving an Enclave before the week is out.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wow...$46,000 + is mighty expensive, even for this car, don't you think? I'd certainly drive 200 miles to cinch a deal, though, if it was just what I wanted! Go for it!![/color]

:cheers:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rosita2001 said:
4kids, I don't understand...you went to look at Enclaves today, they had TWO and you decided to custom order and got a build date of 9/10?? How did this all happen so quickly? Am I missing something here? [/color]
Rosita, We like to go look at other Enclaves in other dealerships! LOL!! We ordered a blue-gold on 7/21. But, since we never can find one on the streets, we have to go find one on a lot to remember what they look like! ;D Too bad it couldn't be that easy! :banghead:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone.
I also check the Buick website and expand our search. We want Blue-gold and won't change that..and, don't want sunroof, tow, chrome wheels AND didn't want Navigation till now. :help:
We Don't need it if it's not possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called my dealer this morning and explained our thoughts to add the navigation.
He said he would look into it and call me back. I told him if it changes our date what-so-ever, we don't want it.
He also said that he has a bunch of people that want MY ENCLAVE!!! :angryfire:
He has had people come in and say they will purchase the next Enclave to be delivered! Which is mine!!!
It looks like they won't be getting any, other than ours, any time soon!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
Called dealership on Monday and asked if we could add the Nav.
Well, after no phone call, I decided to call today (Wed.)
I was told the answer is "no" because to make a change it has to be within 30 days.
We have a build date of 9/10.
Oh well, we tried. :(

R

·
0 Posts
4kids said:
Update:
Called dealership on Monday and asked if we could add the Nav.
Well, after no phone call, I decided to call today (Wed.)
I was told the answer is "no" because to make a change it has to be within 30 days.
We have a build date of 9/10.
Oh well, we tried. :(
just take that as a sign that you shouldn't get the nav, after all you can buy a $400 tom tom later, the plus to that is you can take it in any car you travel in.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rollin Thunder said:
just take that as a sign that you shouldn't get the nav, after all you can buy a $400 tom tom later, the plus to that is you can take it in any car you travel in.
I agree..and we save over $2000...
I was worried not to have the back-up camera... But, if I can back up a Chevy Avalanche, I think I can back up anything!

R

·
0 Posts
4kids said:
I agree..and we save over $2000...
I was worried not to have the back-up camera... But, if I can back up a Chevy Avalanceh, I think I can back up anything!
if you feel you need a back up camera, you could get a wireless one that screws in to your license plate bracket. and has a little screen, not too expensive i saw one for about 250 somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts