EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten conflicting answers when I've looked around.

There is an '08 that has what we want excect for the 2nd row
seating.

If we could get them to swap out a 2nd row buckets for the bench we'd jump on it.

I've heard it can be done, and I've heard there's no way.

Anyone really know?

thanks,

M

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I only know what someone else posted on this site and he was pretty definitive that it could not be done since the tracks for the captain chairs are there etc. I imagine a body shop could do most anything, but then I would wonder about warranty issues or insurance claims in case someone was hurt in an accident with seat modifications having been done. I think you are better off waiting for an OEM bench...IMO.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Again, no, different tracks. Where did you hear otherwise? It's been pretty definitive on this board.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The classic -- I

I was told when I inquired about a used Enclave "I have a friend who works at the Lansing plant that says they are swappable."

I didn't believe it to be true -- but I figured since the 8 passenger option is a must -- I'd double check.

I have also heard mixed answers from Sales folks during my inquiries locally.

m

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband found something online that shows a center console in the 2nd row that folds up to a seat.It's the captain seats with a console so should work I hope. But we also need 8 so are looking into this option 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
old thread to revive,
But yes- the captains can be replaced with bench.
THere are multiple threads on this on the Traverse and Acadia forum.
You just have to find the seats
all the holes for the bolts are there.
You may end up with certain pieces of carpet I think and locating the plastic shields.
But if you have a donor car- you can get those pieces from it.

Some vehicles had the optional storage console in the 2nd row--- between the captains seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts