1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Cool. Thanks. I saved the brochure at one point. It must be on my computer at work.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
In the paper brochure it does not look any different either. Likley could not tell them apart unless they were beside each other.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the canadian website is so much better than ours. no wonder they charge yall extra. hey what is the allure, is it the same as our lacross?

·
Registered
103 Posts
MsS42 said:
the canadian website is so much better than ours. no wonder they charge yall extra. hey what is the allure, is it the same as our lacross?
Yep, the LaCrosse is sold under the name Allure in Canada. I believe the name change was due to LaCrosse
being a derogatory slang term in Quebec, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh my, is it a slang french term? here lacrosse is a sport played w/ a long stick that has a net at the end and a ball. its interesting how a simple word can mean so many different things in different languages and countries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for posting this!

Ming blue is much darker in person than the brochure and on the websites. This may hold true for crimson as well.

Greg

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes greginmd,

i am so excited.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The canuck website has the white diamond nickel bottom color shown for the opal option... I'm pretty sure opal has the much darker charcoal bottom - it even says as much in the description on that very website.

Platinum ice looks very nice, didn't know that was an option. But I still think we'll be very pleased with carbon flash.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bet that platinum ice is gonna be really pretty. im hoping it will cast more silver than the white diamond does.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
The platinum ice is awesome. But I don't get it. Why isn't it in the American brochure? They show the Crimson and the Carbon as late availability - why not show the platinum ice also?

·
Registered
260 Posts
axiama said:
The platinum ice is awesome. But I don't get it. Why isn't it in the American brochure? They show the Crimson and the Carbon as late availability - why not show the platinum ice also?
Because we're special of course! :sunny:

About a year ago the main site where you found all of the vehicles wasn't that great. Cars were in the wrong category and some were missing in other categories. But now that GM Canada re-did the site now it looks awesome! I think all of our brochures from GM show the actual colour on the car instead of a square patch of colour.

If you look on the Wikipedia article about the LaCrosse, there's an explanation of why they changed the name in Canada. On a side note, some people here should really go on there and add some stuff the the Buick Enclave article, as it seems to be lacking information other articles have.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont anything negative.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
GreginMD said:
Thanks for posting this!

Ming blue is much darker in person than the brochure and on the websites. This may hold true for crimson as well.

Greg
I was questioning to myself the accuracy of the colors on the web page. It depends on whether I should believe a brochure or a web page. For the Crimson on the web the bottom color appears to be the same as the Cocoa bottom color. In the US brochure the bottom of the Crimson appears to be closer in color to the main body color. As I've said a million times now, I personally don't like the contrast on the web page if it is indeed accurate.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
jonv112 said:
If you look on the Wikipedia article about the LaCrosse, there's an explanation of why they changed the name in Canada.
Nothing wrong with a little LaCrosse, eh?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts