EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
OK I think I now have all the information I need.

Thanks to all for the tips and search hint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, what do you guys think about this deal for Enclave 2009 CXL AWD in Ontario:

Invoice 48150
Trailer Equipment 473
Freight & PDI 1300
Air Tax 100
Gas Tax 75
OMVIC 5
Rebate -6500
--------
Total Cost 43603
Dealer Profit 1000
Admin Fee 400
-------
Total 45003
GST/PST 5850.39
-------
Total Sale $50853.39

Is it a good price? Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
SteelHead,

Is this an actual offer you got or one you are going to give?

As noted above what is the Base MSRP and Option pricing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is the actual offer for CXL AWD 2009. MSRR is $53,145 vs 48,150 invoice. There is only one option - towing package, MSRP $550 vs 473 invoice. The Admin fee is actually $400 (not $220 as I stated before), so the total price is $50,853.39. I keep reading about people buying at invoice price south of the border, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Canada. In my case it's invoice + 1,400 (profit + admin fee (still dealer profit)).

Canuck said:
SteelHead,

Is this an actual offer you got or one you are going to give?

As noted above what is the Base MSRP and Option pricing?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did they indicate what the $400 is for?

Was this their first offer?

What province is this offer in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is the final offer (maybe another $100-$200 discount but questionable). It's in Ontario. They did not explain the admin fee, but it seems to be a standard practice on local dealerships. As far as I know, it's another way for them to make profit. I'm guessing it suppose to cover paper/car prep work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Steelhead said:
Ok, what do you guys think about this deal for Enclave 2009 CXL AWD in Ontario:

Invoice 48150
Trailer Equipment 473
Freight & PDI 1300
Air Tax 100
Gas Tax 75
OMVIC 5
Rebate -6500
--------
Total Cost 43603
Dealer Profit 1000
Admin Fee 400
-------
Total 45003
GST/PST 5850.39
-------
Total Sale $50853.39

Is it a good price? Thanks!
Congratulations on your new Enclave!

I think it's a really good deal! Very similar to what I paid back in January except that there was an additional $250 in rebates at the time and my dealer did not charge any admin fee. Happy for you!

Good luck with your vehicle and enjoy it! I am certain you will 'cuz I am.

Edit: per note below, I thought Steelheads had already purchased. :drunk:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Remember they are making at least 3% another 3% on the holdback and maybe some other deals.

did they start off with that deal or did they start off with something else?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Steelhead said:
That is the actual offer for CXL AWD 2009. MSRR is $53,145 vs 48,150 invoice. There is only one option - towing package, MSRP $550 vs 473 invoice. The Admin fee is actually $400 (not $220 as I stated before), so the total price is $50,853.39. I keep reading about people buying at invoice price south of the border, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Canada. In my case it's invoice + 1,400 (profit + admin fee (still dealer profit)).
I think there is $400 too much profit since you are working from invoice on up but otherwise pretty good. VMTLS added $1000 profit for his and had no admin fee so $1000 seems reasonable. If this is still an unaccepted offer tell them to remove the $400 or you will go to Scarborough and buy it from VMTLS's dealer.

What colour are you looking to get/did you get?

And of course, :welcome:

Canuck said:
Remember they are making at least 3% another 3% on the holdback and maybe some other deals.
Do we have holdback in Canada? I thought it was just a US thing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What makes you think the hold back is a US thing only?

Did you read or see evidence of no hold back?

I would be interested in that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
vmtls said:
Congratulations on your new Enclave!

I think it's a really good deal! Very similar to what I paid back in January except that there was an additional $250 in rebates at the time and my dealer did not charge any admin fee. Happy for you!

Good luck with your vehicle and enjoy it! I am certain you will 'cuz I am.
Steelhead, my apologies for misreading your message and congratulating you too early... :drunk: I thought you had already purchased the vehicle but reading others realized that you had just tabled the offer. It was close to midnight when I posted - perhaps that was too much for my ageing brain. :banghead:

Anyway, good luck with your negotiations! :cheers:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Canuck said:
Did they indicate what the $400 is for?

Was this their first offer?
I am glad I had access to GM Employee pricing. I *know* exactly what I should pay for the base car and options and there is no "Admin Fee" for an employee purchase.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Canuck said:
What makes you think the hold back is a US thing only?

Did you read or see evidence of no hold back?

I would be interested in that.
I'm thinking it's because I know a business manager at a Mazda dealer (who is a straight shooter) and he told me or previous discussions on various other forums.

Not sure if there is any written evidence but I will check Ody club and Seinna club because I'm sure there has been discussion of this before.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Canuck said:
Thanks please do.
Maybe there is holdback here in Canada but the way the dealership accounts for it may have more of a bearing on it. However, I don't think we (as in the general public) can tell what the holdback is as it is not known and available as it is in the US.

This is from a Cdn source on accounting for dealerships which I have linked below.

Holdback
Virtually all OEMs have a holdback arrangement with their dealer network. These range from 1.5 percent to 4 percent of the new vehicle invoice amount. Again OEM accounting varies from factory to factory and within each factory dealer network as well. The holdback is properly accounted for if it is included in the determination of new vehicle gross profit. For dealerships that do this, there is no further adjustment required.

For dealerships, however, that show the recovery of holdback either as a reduction in non-variable selling expenses and/or net add and deducts (other income), I propose we make a further adjustment to our new absorption calculation. To the items listed above in the previous section I would recommend that you add the holdback amount in arriving at margins to offset expenses to be absorbed. To the AFA outlined above add the holdback amount to top up the gross margin pool earned by the dealership and compare this combined amount to the expenses to be absorbed.

http://www.canadianautodealer.ca/index.php/Aspects-of-Ownership/Are-you-sure-you-are-counting-all-the-beans.html

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think that indicates the there is a holdback in Canada and the 1.5% to 4% is the range that it is in.

So may situation is

CXL AWD $53,145
Options $ 5,360 Wheels,Trailer,Heat/Cool Seats, Sunroof, Steer Lights, Hit the Road (Want the Integrated Steps)

Freight $ 1,300
Air Tax $ 100

Total $59,905

Incentive $-6,500 5,500 Cash Back + 1,000 credit for no taking OnStar and XM and Maint services

$-4,405 Dealer Reduction 7.5% reduction from Base+Options

Net $49,000

Doc Fee $ 300
Lic Fee $ 20
Registrat $ 150
Ont Gas Tax$ 200
Total $ 49,670

With Tax $56,124

What about Reg+ doc Fee? Sounds like more profit? 7.5% Reduction? How much of an opportunity is there?

I really do not need the vehicle at this time so I can walk away and wait for the 2010 a year from now.

Unless something comes around that is better suited I think this is the car.

What do you think?

·
Registered
116 Posts
This looks good, very similar to the deal I have on my Clave. Are they going to throw in any accessories?

·
Registered
10 Posts
vmtls - as I understand, you have purchased your Enclave for invoice price + 1000 profit to dealer and no admin fees. Would you be able to refer me to you dealer/salesman? So far, I was able to negotiate only invoice price + 1000 + 400 (admin fee)… You can PM me if you want.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would go for it with 1,000 profit with no admin fees. Right now it is 1,400-1,500+300.

Should I play the split the difference or give them 500 above my original price which would make it 1,000 with no admin fee ?????

I would go for the dealer/salesman name with the 1,000 straight up with no extra's? or PM

21 - 40 of 55 Posts