EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find US dealers who would sell me an enclave. I am Located in Quebec .. can go as far as NY.

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
what are the issues to over come to import the car to Canada? How do you expect to do it? How is the warranty handled?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that GM told their US dealers not to do business with Canadian ... other then that .. importing is not really hard .. few paper works .. a less then 300 $ fees ... adding daylight if they don't have it in US ... and a french sticker for the airbag. In canada .. is you want to nav. you have to buy the CXL ... 19 inches wheels with the road quality we have .. no thanks !! And the price is much more lower in US. No warranty as I been told .. but I have access to a US GM dealers at maybe 40 min of my home.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I live on the boarder and have access in 20 mins on a good day or 2 hrs on a bad day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too considered this, its straight forward enough to get the documents, inspections and such done, but the killer is no GMC/Buick warranty support. Its at least 6-8k cheaper buying the same car in the US.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Fully loaded it is closer to 10K!

If you are close to the border then take it back to the US dealer for service?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, with Acura, if you buy across the border, they invalidate the warranty in BOTH countries, so you are totally SOL. I wouldnt want to risk it with such a new and expensive vehicle!

Incidentally, my father in law's good friend went and bought 2 (1 for his son) top of the line Toyota Tacoma trucks 2 months ago, and saved 8k on each. Toyota did allow transfer of warranty between countries after a lawsuit some years ago. However, in the last few weeks this changed, Toyota USA dealers are now forbidden to sell to Canadians. He was one of the last to get by. I have seen the trucks, quite a steal at 8k off!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I really don't think its fair that GM should put a clause like not sell to Canadians. There is NAFTA and I wish I was lawyer to know if they was like a prejudice clause in there. But me personally, I am seriously considering other brands now cause it doesn't make any sense for me to pay $10,000 more, knowingly, i couldn't live with myself. And GM will lose a customer & maybe more cause I am 34 yrs old and this is just my 2nd vehicle (olds 1st). I can see myself buying more cars/suv's etc down the road. And if i end up liking another brand (I like my Olds hence considered GM again) I will buy another veh from them. My dad always bought Toyota's (he first car was a Toyota Cressida). I think in the last 40 years we as a family has had at least 8 different models of Toyota's & I am sure if he bought a GM and liked it he would have done same then. Same with my uncle who only buys Volvo's and his kids do as well. The reason why I bought an Olds was because the dealership treated me with respect, had a grad rebate & just graduated so I just started working.

I am back to square one. Its sad cause I did all my research and narrowed it & then I find it cheaper & they cannot sell it to me cause I am a Canadian. [/color] . Thanks GM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well we have to be honest to ... I am against GM policy BUT .. if you compare canadian and US price of all brand ... GM is the one who have the smallest % of potential saving .. around 20% ... TOYOTA and LEXUS have a 35% !!!

The worst I saw yet is subaru ... US price of the suv after negociation .. 31 000 US ... Canadian price 51 000 !!! But Subaru transfert the warranty ... and for now we can still buy in USA.

I really think some class action will come ... maybe a lawyer will get piss off and start one :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts