EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thissssssssssss close to getting our Enclave. I have test driven every one within a 30 mile radius at two dealers. I've narrowed it down to the cocoa or the carbon black. The issue.............I *think* I like the cocoa better, except...............there is something about the cashmere/brown interior that just doesn't *work* for me.........and I can't figure out what it is.

My questions:

1. Does anyone here have a carbon black enclave?? Seems I remember a post (and maybe it's an old one) where noone posting had even seen a black one.

2. Those of you who considered cocoa, did you or did you not like the brown interior?? Would a cocoa exterior even LOOK good with a black interior??

Just trying to sort thru everything and am soooo confused!!! :binky:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could be a load of crap but I was recently told by a senior GM employee that the Black leather comes from the same supplier as BMW uses. Butttttt

I have to agree with 2muchcoffee. I think the black with the cocoa would be a bit much. Just my personal opinion though. If you do decide to go with the Cocoa/cashmere interior you can find some great tan, black or gray mats from a company called WeatherTech. I own a set and they are great.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mv...d=52&VehId=1273&Year=2008&VehOptChoiceIds=601

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you don't like the cashmere interior, then definitely go with the black interior. I have cashmere and got Cocoa exterior because I thought it looked the best with it...but the INTERIOR color drove my exterior color choice because you are going to be looking at the interior a lot more often than the exterior!
Some have mentioned that the cashmere interior has too many different colors going on and they do not find it pleasing...maybe that is bothering you....but, like I said before, I love it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Cocoa and Cashmere. Love it. I also got the Weathertec floor mats. They arrived 2 days before the car itslef. Put them in immediately and am very, very pleased. But the mats are a must.

·
Registered
758 Posts
We have the cocoa with the black interior and it is just fine. Very classy. Somewhat more formal than the cashmere, which to us looked a bit less refined, especially with how easily the dealer's demo got soiled.

If you like charcoal exterior, and prefer the cocoa, then a black interior will suit you very well IMO.

Oh, and while BMW makes great cars, their leather is not as good as some other marques and never has been. I like the Buick leather and consider it better than most other interior leather I've seen. So fear not and go into the abyss of dark ebony, you will love it!

TM

·
Registered
52 Posts
We went with the Cocoa and Cashmere. Everyone who has seen it likes the colors. We also purchased the Husky liners for the entire vehicle which match quite well. Also ordered a dash mat online through Costco which is a very pretty brown that blends well with the wood trim. We have not had any of the issues some have mentioned with "staining" of the leather by clothing i.e. denim pants. So far so good ... knock on my beautiful Enclave interior wood!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
soccermommyabc ..... we had similar color decisions on ours. Our preference was the darker shades but had never seen a Carbon Black Metallic. There were a few Cocoa/Cashmere's around town and we loved the looks of the sparkling cocoa exterior. Judging by the responses so far I understand why I never see any C-B Metallics on the highway...............except mine.
It wasn't just the color that drew me to it, I liked the tinted side windows blending in with dark door pillars and the chrome trim gave the illusion off a long sweeping body line. However, not everyone will like this look and to be honest I have'nt seen any others around my area since I bought it. We also took the ebony leather interior. My wife thought it wouldn't show dirt and wear as much. Time will tell. I haven't seen any Cocoa Enclaves with the ebony interior so I can't reaaly comment on that combo. No matter what you decide, you'll love the ride. This vehicle is the smooooothest cruiser I've had.
I attached a photo of our C-B Metallic Enclave I took just before we went for an 1800 mile road trip at Christmas. (I'm a newbie at photo's on this site so hope the picture shows up). Take a look at this "black sheep of the family" and good luck in your decision.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
To me, Cocoa must be paired with cashmere interior, nothing else. It's a perfect match. Look at the "Favorite Color Poll", 54% (so far). One thing to consider - blue jeans will rub on light colored seats and discolor them over time if not cleaned properly.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Forgive me for being practical, but..

Where do you live? Arizona? I would think a black interior would get blazing hot when you sit in a pair of shorts on a nice 110 degree day.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Clavedweller said:
I attached a photo of our C-B Metallic Enclave I took just before we went for an 1800 mile road trip at Christmas. (I'm a newbie at photo's on this site so hope the picture shows up). Take a look at this "black sheep of the family" and good luck in your decision.
That is a beautiful ride. I always liked metallic black. My other car is black/black, so another one would have been too much.

The cashmere is nice, but too light. Looks a bit plasticky when you see the seat trim in that color. Too bad they didn't add more of the dark brown interior to it or have a dark brown interior as an option. I would have ordered that with the WDT exterior. Now that would have been awesome. Oh, and love those standard CXL wheels!

TM

·
Registered
164 Posts
I noticed a new Buick Lucerne in the showroom with the cashmere (sure sounds nicer than beige) & cocoa (sure sounds nicer than brown) interior. But it had cocoa rug instead of cashmere. It really looked sharp & would be easier to keep clean in the winter months.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Tin Man said:
That is a beautiful ride. I always liked metallic black. My other car is black/black, so another one would have been too much.

The cashmere is nice, but too light. Looks a bit plasticky when you see the seat trim in that color. Too bad they didn't add more of the dark brown interior to it or have a dark brown interior as an option. I would have ordered that with the WDT exterior. Now that would have been awesome. Oh, and love those standard CXL wheels!

TM
Tin Man, for the same reason I didn't order the Black, because of my Black Sierra Denali and a Black Grand Prix GT. But the Black Enclave is one more Beautiful ride.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't know if I can be of any help to you, but I do have the ebony interior, but with a WDT exterior. The interior was my SO choice. I wanted the cashmere. She just didn't like it as she thought there were too many different shades going on between the dark cocoa dash and trim pieces on the door and the door handles etc. She talked me into the ebony and I could not be happier with it. I was really worried I would not like it and therefore my whole purchase would be ruined. It is pure class and elogance. It is not black black, but more of a dark charcoal. It contrasts with the wood trim very nicely, the SO was right about it looking nice all being one color. It looks nice with the brush metalic trim. I could not be happier. I don't find it too dark at all. I think it would work with Cocoa or black just fine. I know most Cocoas have the cashmere, but yours would stand out from the crowd.

Having struggled with a similar choice at least on the interior, I love the final outcome on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just took possession of my Carbon Black Metallic with Cashmere interior. I think it is a stunning combination.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have the Cocoa with the ebony interior...and love it! We purchased the black weathertech floor mats for the front and the black rubbertite mats for the 2nd and 3rd rows and get tons of compliments. We thought with our two boys it would be easier to keep clean too. I don't feel it's too dark inside at all.

When we picked ours up they were unloading a carbon black metallic enclave and it was beautiful too!!!! You won't go wrong either way! Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts