EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if I'm missing something really obvious, but the interior lights do not come on (and never have, had the Enclave 6 days now) when I open the doors.

I've got it set in the DIC thingy to come on, and I've made sure the knob is out on the control panel lights thing.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any other setting I should change? I know all the lights work as when I put them on manually they're fine, but they never come on by themselves, even in the dark.

Thanks for all suggestions :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am having the same problem. I read the owners manual but no help there. I was going to wait to go to the dealer to see what they say. Anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Disclaimer: I don't have our manual in front of me and I don't drive the vehicle much...

Isn't there a switch right near the dimmer knob to the left of the wheel that overrides the overhead lights? Look for some type of switch there.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Since we are on topic of interior lights, is there a way to turn on all lights with a single button? for example my daughter is sitting in the 3rd row and drops something on the floor, she is tied to the seat and can't reach the light button to turn on, is there a way the drive can hit a switch and turn on that or all lights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem. Just left of the steering wheel there is a little button that is a recessed button. What is framing that button is actually two more controls. The top have of the square when pushed will set your interior lights to be on or off when your doors are open. Mine was in the off mode. My dealer was well enough informed that it only took a phone call to get it figured out. Hope that will take care of it for you.

Deb

R

·
0 Posts
if you have heated washer fluid the button is right above the knob it is called dome over ride and the picture is a little dome with a line through it.

if you turn the knoe all the way clock wise it turns on all the interior lights on manually.

·
Registered
743 Posts
barreling56 said:
I had the same problem. Just left of the steering wheel there is a little button that is a recessed button. What is framing that button is actually two more controls. The top have of the square when pushed will set your interior lights to be on or off when your doors are open. Mine was in the off mode. My dealer was well enough informed that it only took a phone call to get it figured out. Hope that will take care of it for you.

Deb
That sounds right to me. I don't have an Enclave yet, but I have other GM Vehicles. I answered the question on another thread and informed the member about the Override Button. That took care of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks all - problem solved :cheers: Buck59, did that work for you too?

There was indeed a button that doesn't look like a button to me, just next to the panel lights dimmer knob. Pressing that did the trick. I'm sure that wasn't in the manual though ??? The manual said something about pushing the panel lights dimmer knob in or out, both of which I tried.

Ah well. Sorted anyway. Thanks again for all replies! If you can solve my parking assistance query next I'll be beside myself :thumb:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Bringing this forward because I had the same problem.

Didn't realize the part surrounding the cylindircal button was the dome on/off. Manual is not clear so thanks to the forum my interior lights are now working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts