EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual says push power button on nav/radio once, radio will go off, push and hold to turn nav off....my radio and nav goes off with one push, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A work around is turning to a radio station and turning the volume down....I was listening to a CD and wanted to turn it off to take a call and couldn't without turning the nav off or letting th eCD play on...software clitch in the radio me thinks....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Can't you just hit the mute button?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't turn radio off!

On my new 2010 Enclave, pushing radio on/off button turns everything off whether I push it once or hold for the beep. For $1800 you'd think you could turn off the radio! Somewhere I think I read there was a "flash" fix from GM...anybody heard of this? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I just use the mute button on the steering wheel...no big deal...you're all big boys :blob:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Yeah, we are. But this nav has so many little annoyances. Too bad GM couldn't put a top-of-the-line nav in a top-of-the-line car...

·
Registered
733 Posts
$1800, that's cheap,
I thought the factory NAVs were around 2400$

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I finally found the answer. In checking with the dealer and doing some experimenting I found that the navigation system and the radio are one integrated unit and therefore when both are on a push of the on\off button turns the entire integrated unit off, two pushes ensures that the front and back units are off. If you want navigation without radio you must turn the radio volume down...don't push the button just turn it down to a inaudible level. The radio volume and the nav volume are separate so turning down the radio does not affect the volume of the nav. The nav voliume is set on a separate screen accessed on the menu and gives you three volume settings low, med and high.

Although I think a more logical approach would be to have separate buttons to control each unit separately this does solve the problem. The manual does a poor job of explaining this and even the dealer was confused about how to operate the nav without listening to the radio.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
loon612 said:
...Although I think a more logical approach would be to have separate buttons to control each unit separately this does solve the problem...
Sometimes it seems that engineers like to complicate things. ::) Generally, the simpler the arrangement, the more elegant the function in my mind, though. ;)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Sometimes it seems that engineers like to complicate things. ::) Generally, the simpler the arrangement, the more elegant the function in my mind, though.[/color] ;)
LOL... Tell that to owners of BMWs with first generation iDrive... :happy:

·
Registered
881 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Sometimes it seems that engineers like to complicate things. ::) Generally, the simpler the arrangement, the more elegant the function in my mind, though. ;)
As a Program Manager in an electronics manufacturing organization, I soon came to realize:

In every project, there comes a time to shoot the engineer and go to production.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts