EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these can be easily removed?

I have two child seats there, so armrests are not necessary for now plus removal would afford an easier access to the third row....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Armrest removal for easier access to third row? Possible problem, but one would have to be pretty big.

Definitely no need for armrest removal for carseats. I know, both of my captains chairs have them. In fact, if armrest removal required for third row access, I don't know how someone would GET to the third row, since they would have to pass by the captian chair containing the car seat...they wouldn't be able to get INTO the back, let alone third row...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jake, I never said it was a problem to access the 3rd row or that the removal is required.

Just wanted to make the path wider for older people to get back there. Besides, the armrests are not being used right now anyway...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2MuchCoffee said:
Being "older people" myself, I can relate to chumster's concern. If there are booster mounted kids, there are likely grandparents, too. Right? The passage to 3rd row is more difficult with the arms mounted there when one is not so nimble. ;D
Exactly :thumb:!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
There was a lot of discussion about this previously, I wish I could remember the thread, maybe you could fine something with search. I almost believe that someone did it or found out it was not good to do....I will do a little looking and see if I can post that. I think it came out of discussion on the center console.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I started a post about this subject in October (roughly) so you can check my user name for the thread. I haven't had mine removed yet, but I still want to. I'm just nervous messing with anything on the Enclave that hasn't had an issue since my car seems to have a few on it's own.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Enclavious said:
I started a post about this subject in October (roughly) so you can check my user name for the thread. I haven't had mine removed yet, but I still want to. I'm just nervous messing with anything on the Enclave that hasn't had an issue since my car seems to have a few on it's own.
Thanks for pointing this out, I knew we had talked about it...I looked some and could not find it, your post should give Chumster what he needs to find it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am having hard time finding that discussion. Enclavious, can you help please when you have time???

Actually, I always try to search before posting a question :)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you!
I guess I need a lesson on "search" function...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
chumster said:
Thank you!
I guess I need a lesson on "search" function...
No problem, glad to help. I hope the thread has the info that you need. I just recalled that it had come up, but don't recall the end result.

·
Registered
200 Posts
chumster said:
Jake, I never said it was a problem to access the 3rd row or that the removal is required.

Just wanted to make the path wider for older people to get back there. Besides, the armrests are not being used right now anyway...
My point previously is the fact that putting a child seat in the captains chairs makes access to the back more difficult than getting to the third row WITH armrests. If one can navigate around the child seat, one can easily navigate around an armrest. If you want the back more accessible to passengers, you wouldn't put the child seats in the captains chairs - you'd place them in the third row - and leave the captain chairs for the adult passengers.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jake_99 said:
My point previously is the fact that putting a child seat in the captains chairs makes access to the back more difficult than getting to the third row WITH armrests. If one can navigate around the child seat, one can easily navigate around an armrest. If you want the back more accessible to passengers, you wouldn't put the child seats in the captains chairs - you'd place them in the third row - and leave the captain chairs for the adult passengers.
I respect your opinion however what works for you is not necessarily going to work for me (and others, if you read above). I would consider putting child seat in the third row if GM CUVs were to have LATCH system there. Plus I need my kids within my reach. We can argue forever who's setup makes more sense but what would be the point?

Just to remind you, my initial question was whether anyone had success removing the armrests. Not if I should/should not do it.. ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jake_99 said:
My point previously is the fact that putting a child seat in the captains chairs makes access to the back more difficult than getting to the third row WITH armrests. If one can navigate around the child seat, one can easily navigate around an armrest.
We have one child seat, so we get in via the side that does NOT have the child seat, making your point moot, at least for us. So for us, yes, removing the armrest would provide more room.

·
Registered
17 Posts
unzip the cover under bottom of armrest the pull up the outside of it and you will see a bolt in there. insert socket and remove..... i think it was metric. i just installed leather and can't remember.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Unfortunately Buick has placed a rear tether anchor only in the middle seat of the back row. This means that by law, a child car seat (other than a booster) can only go in the middle position of the back row. The fact that there is no Latch in the back row is not determinative as one does not require Latch to properly install a car seat. LAtch is omitted from the back row because it is inconsistent with the way the seats fold down for cargo. So there is no legal or safe way to put 2 car seats in the back row. Unless one or both are boosters, which is a separate matter.

·
Registered
200 Posts
After noting the lack of space from Captain chair w/child seat to front row, I think it would be almost impossible for me to even place same seat in third row, behind a captain's chair (Britax). With that said, same holds true for adults. No real adult space directly behind the captain's chairs.

But placing a child seat in the middle of the third row still provides more access to rear than using up a captain's chair.

We've found it much faster to remove the child seat to provide access to adults to the back. Our captain's chairs are the child seats on every day use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts