EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the call from my dealer. My car has arrived. However he is on vacation Friday and Saturday and says he need to do the inspection, prep, walk thru etc. so I cant take delivery until Monday afternoon when he returns.

So what would you do?

A. Insist that another dealer handle the prep, inspection, walk thru and take delivery Friday or Saturday?

B. Patiently wait until Monday for delivery. I have waited 2.5 months already.

C. Wait until Monday, but not patiently. Go to the dealer and stare at the car all weekend. (I am only 2 minutes away)

D. Wait until Monday, make the time go by faster with lots of :beer: , :love: 'ing and whatever else will get me to Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Is this dealership a one man operation? I don't get it. Is the salesman gone, or the people that do the prep? If the salesman is gone, too bad, have him find someone else to do the delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the salesman is gone. Ridiculous isnt it? How come only he can do the delivery. I asked for someone else to do it and he said it was his responsibility. The more I think about it the more upset I get. Keep thinking about my Enclave just sitting there waiting for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I have had other sales people help me take delivery when the one I bought the car from was not working that day. It should not be that big of deal in my opinion. I would call back politely, but firmly, and let him/her know that you want possession before he/she returns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
zman said:
I have had other sales people help me take delivery when the one I bought the car from was not working that day. It should not be that big of deal in my opinion. I would call back politely, but firmly, and let him/her know that you want possession before he/she returns.
Sales managers do it all the time for their people, in these circumstances. Ask for a special accommodation! They'd sing a different tune if it was end of month quota time :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
We deliver cars for each other all the time-that doesn't wash. Talk to the sales manager and have someone else deliver the car. The PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) only takes an hour and Prep (Detail) another hour or two. After waiting this long, you should have it in your garage tonight!

Just my $.02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
I have heard some stupid things dealers/salesman have done/said but this takes the cake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He called and wanted my insurance info so instead of calling back I decided to stop in and put the heat on. So I stoped in and nicely said 'it is killing me that I have to wait until Monday instead of take delivery Friday or even Saturday. I have to take off work and I would really appreciate it if someone else can perform delivery on Friday or Saturday'.

His response 'I have to do 4 hours of paperwork on this and it has to be preped and I am on vacation Friday and Saturday and I really cant come in to work.'

My response 'Can someone else do the paperwork?'

His response 'No, I cant do that to one of my coworkers.'

What can be this guys objectives? This is really ridiculous. I am considering going in Saturday and talking to the sales manager but I dont want to piss them all off and blow this deal. Only thing I can think of is I am employee pricing and they are making so little that they dont give a ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
kmitchell said:
He called and wanted my insurance info so instead of calling back I decided to stop in and put the heat on. So I stoped in and nicely said 'it is killing me that I have to wait until Monday instead of take delivery Friday or even Saturday. I have to take off work and I would really appreciate it if someone else can perform delivery on Friday or Saturday'.

His response 'I have to do 4 hours of paperwork on this and it has to be preped and I am on vacation Friday and Saturday and I really cant come in to work.'

My response 'Can someone else do the paperwork?'

His response 'No, I cant do that to one of my coworkers.'

What can be this guys objectives? This is really ridiculous. I am considering going in Saturday and talking to the sales manager but I dont want to piss them all off and blow this deal. Only thing I can think of is I am employee pricing and they are making so little that they dont give a ****.
Don't worry about what they're making. They are getting theirs. If that was me, I would go on the Buick Web Site and see if there are any Enclaves located in my area like I ordered, and Bingo. I wouldn't hesitate. The Dealer doesn't seem to be concerned about you.....Don't worry about him. There isn't so much that has to be done that he can't let someone else take care of it. That's my opinion. Take care and Good Luck. Rocketman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
kmitchell said:
His response 'I have to do 4 hours of paperwork on this and it has to be preped and I am on vacation Friday and Saturday and I really cant come in to work.'
Four hours? Based on my recent experiences he must be joking. I sat there while they did the paperwork for my Enclave and it took may 30 minutes and that included calling the GM card to get my earnings deducted. Everything was printed out based on numbers the closing guy entered into his computer. It's not like he sat at a typewriter and typed in all the information.

Either dealers do it very differently from each other or he has some other motive which escapes me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Maybe he includes a shoulder rub and haricut? 4 hours - wow!

1 hr max, unless they have an assembly line of folks to pimp dealer add ons that he just doesnt want to forego............My dealership had an optional service bay tour - I was out in an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Call the service manager or the owner period. Go over his head right now and get your Enclave. They should be kissing your behind after the 2 1/2 months ( I waited 3 1/2 by the way). Quit messing around with the salesman and go to the top. Mine was came was delivered in the afternoon, I took delivery the next AM and a guy I had never met did the delivery for me and I never even saw the finance guy or the salesman. I did the finacing on the phone the day before with the dealership just to save time. They treated me like I was important to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
I think the Dealer has a Motive.....He'll probably try to squeeze a few extra Dollars out of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
I would be havin' a MAJOR caniption fit!! I would not take NO for an answer. >:D

Check the mileage, maybe the dealer wanted to "enjoy" your enclave before you picked it up! Maybe they accidentally hit something with it and want to fix it so you won't know. Check it out! That just sounds very fishy to me. I'd check it over with a fine tooth comb when you get it.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
axiama said:
So kmitchell, any news?
I decided to not call the sales manager or store manager and just wait until Monday. I have a 4pm EST scheduled delivery. I didnt want to do anything to 'rock the boat' at this point as I have waited 2.5 months and could not imagine what I would do if the deal fell apart (I did another search on buick.com and I cant locate a similar vehicle available). That does not change the fact that I am extremely upset with this dealer and will make it known to the sales/store managers once I take delivery. I live 5 minutes from the dealer and honestly drove by 10 times Friday and Saturday to be sure my Enclave was not out front with the tires being kicked by customers or even worse being test driven by someone.

As one of the posters said above, I am extremely suspicious of motives and am wondering if there is something else this dealer wants to try to sell me. I am going to go with a $180 tire & wheel protection plan but nothing else. I made it clear on Thursday I will be arriving Monday with the check amount in my contract and my understanding is I am price protected (price changed in December since I ordered, plus the invoice they sent me had an additional $940 for LAM). Dealer agreed and said I am price protected. This delay is hopefully just a result of the dealer being lazy and nothing else.

I will let you all know Monday night or Tuesday how it goes. Wish me luck!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Re: Car at Dealer. Dealer on Vacation. Wont deliver until Monday. What would you

Good luck with Armen, hope it ends up going okay in the end. Not having someone else do your delivery is beyond stupid (common practice at other dealers, even when the salesperson is just busy that moment--we had that happen), but maybe they have some kind of a bizarre business rule.

Regardless, who knows. I'm right up the street, and would love to see the gorgeous black 'Clave when it's out and rolling...finally ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Car at Dealer. Dealer on Vacation. Wont deliver until Monday. What would you

caddycruiser said:
Good luck with Armen, hope it ends up going okay in the end. Not having someone else do your delivery is beyond stupid (common practice at other dealers, even when the salesperson is just busy that moment--we had that happen), but maybe they have some kind of a bizarre business rule.

Regardless, who knows. I'm right up the street, and would love to see the gorgeous black 'Clave when it's out and rolling...finally ;)
I am less suspicious now, my dealer Armen just called to finalize some financing and auto insurance details and told me to bring a check for my down payment that matched EXACTLY what I was expecting plus the $190 for the Tire & Wheel plan (180 plus tax). It is looking more likely that the dealer just didnt want to work on Friday/Saturday and didnt want anyone else to do the delivery.

5 hours, 14 minutes and 12 seconds until delivery! This is killing me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
LOL. Delayed gratification is always sweetest! Of course I have mine ;) ;D

Best wishes and let us know how it went! With apologies to Tralfaz, but I always count my fingers after shaking a salesman's hand! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
LOL. Delayed gratification is always sweetest! Of course I have mine ;) ;D

Best wishes and let us know how it went! With apologies to Tralfaz, but I always count my fingers after shaking a salesman's hand! :thumb:
I guess thats less of an insult than washing them ;D
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top