EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i now have the enclave back for 3 days .
the service manager gave it his blessing he said.
so far i have driving it about 20 mi. and it's ok.

Well here is the test ,
i will be doing a total of 10+ hours of driving in 2 days starting today.
from outside philly to maryland to ocean city nj to capemay nj back to outside philly.
so what i'm asking ,Is Vegas taking odds or anyone else that it wont break down again?
i'm saying a prayer before this one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think positive! I know it has to be hard right now. Good luck and I look forward to reading about what happened. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good luck Joe. I will say a prayer for you as well. Hope they got it right this time. I am curious, what EXACTLY did they do at the dealer to "hopefully" correct the problem? Did they replace the transmission computer?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i'm home today and so far................i can say everything went very well thank god!
i can say i still absolutely love this car .
as long as it holds together.
after doing all these long runs ,my only two samll complaints are...
The typical transmission shifting.i knew this going in though and
hopefully there will be an update of sort.
the other thing i noticed,
The seats get a little uncomfortable on long 3 hour drives although
i'm sure most seats do.
my gas mpg averaged 21.5 (at around 70-80 mph)which i am happy about but,
i'm really not happy about the city which always avgs about 14.
bottom line this vehicle is a cruiser.
I had a lot of people stop me and asked questions about it all weekend and i also overheard a lot of
people saying "wow" that car is beautiful.Especially some young thug looking guys lol.
which means it's kind of "hip"
so all in all "knock on wood" for now all is good!
Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.
over and out!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
When you knock on wood, knock on that beautiful Mahogany steering wheel, I'm sure it will bring you good luck!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
jacko said:
When you knock on wood, knock on that beautiful Mahogany steering wheel, I'm sure it will bring you good luck!
Yeah don't knock on the plood!

Well thats great news. It sure is an attractive vehicle.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That's great Joe...I'm so happy to read this! I can certainly understand your disappointment after what you've been thru. Sure hope you have had the last of your troubles with this sharp vehicle! Good luck, and keep us posted! Zoom, zoom...

:love:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Glad to hear the good news Joe! I certainly hope you have no more problems. I guess if young "hip-hop" boys think the 'Clave is cool, then the goal has CERTAINLY been achieved of changing the image of Buick from an "old man's car". I will follow your experience closely since we just ordered our AWD. The salesman at the dealership said I will have the first AWD Enclave sold by his dealership and probably one of the first in Alabama (we don't get much snow down here, LOL, but my wife wanted better wet weather traction). Here's hoping I don't have any problems, because the service dept probably won't know what to do on an AWD model :confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ccaats said:
Glad to hear the good news Joe! I certainly hope you have no more problems. I guess if young "hip-hop" boys think the 'Clave is cool, then the goal has CERTAINLY been achieved of changing the image of Buick from an "old man's car". I will follow your experience closely since we just ordered our AWD. The salesman at the dealership said I will have the first AWD Enclave sold by his dealership and probably one of the first in Alabama (we don't get much snow down here, LOL, but my wife wanted better wet weather traction). Here's hoping I don't have any problems, because the service dept probably won't know what to do on an AWD model :confused:
ahhhhh, who said anything about being hip-hop ??? ??? ??? :confused: just cause a person is young doesn't mean they are associated w/hip-hop.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Sorry, Joe said they were "young thug looking guys" and I thought "hip-hop" was a more PC description. What I was saying is if the "hip-hop" crowd thinks the car is cool then Buick has changed their image.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok scrubby cigarette smoking throw back basketball wearing tanks with baggy pants guys.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ccaats said:
Sorry, Joe said they were "young thug looking guys" and I thought "hip-hop" was a more PC description. What I was saying is if the "hip-hop" crowd thinks the car is cool then Buick has changed their image.
HMMMM, no offense but i would not want a car that the thugs found exciting or cool. ie cadillac escalade (NO WAY)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, me either....but it does prove Buick has "lowered" the age of admirers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts