EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
scuba007 said:
Another update on my run on issue. It again happened last Friday so I brought it back to the dealer of course it did not do it when I first got there. But, I kept turning on and shutting off the car and it did it !!! Then they tried and it kept doing it. They checked it out and called to say they think they found the problem. They said it was the SDM Module - this is an $800.00 fix. This module is for the air bag system (they claim the voltage from this module was backfeeding the computer) at this point I have no choice but to replace it because otherwise the dealership doesn't find any other problem. Will let you know what happens, won't be ready til after Tuesday.
Well, hopefully the new SDM Module won't also backfeed the 5985 circuit, or you'll still have the same issue.

If the SDM Module was faulty, it should have thrown a code.

As you can see, I don't trust most service departments with unknown issues they have to troubleshoot on their own. I'd be getting involved first, and taking readings and measurements in the shop right along side the techs in a supervisory role. I trust me, and if the old SDM Module could have had a diode soldered in between it and circuit 5985 to prevent a measly 5V from hitting it, that's what I would have done; and saved myself $798.50 in the process.

However, with that said, hopefully the repair will work out for you.

. . Falcon

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
scuba007 said:
Another update on my run on issue. It again happened last Friday so I brought it back to the dealer of course it did not do it when I first got there. But, I kept turning on and shutting off the car and it did it !!! Then they tried and it kept doing it. They checked it out and called to say they think they found the problem. They said it was the SDM Module - this is an $800.00 fix. This module is for the air bag system (they claim the voltage from this module was backfeeding the computer) at this point I have no choice but to replace it because otherwise the dealership doesn't find any other problem. Will let you know what happens, won't be ready til after Tuesday.
:eek:hno: Stupid computers. I don't think vehicles are getting better, seems to me I have not heard of this issue since the 70's and 80's where a vehicle might run on for a few seconds because of bad tuning, timing, or whatever the reason. But for a vehicle to keep running because of an $800 computer part failure, that's hard to swallow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Patrick181 said:
Curious as to what the symptoms were for this?
was just reading thru thread and saw your question. The symptoms i had is while driviving you could just feel that it was not shifting at appropriate speed changes. And the RPM kept staying at around 2 or 3 I beleive. When the car did shift the RPMS remained the same instead of dropping down. I hope I am explaining it right.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
scuba007 said:

scuba007
Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that your dealer was able to identify the problem for you. Please continue to keep me posted. If you would like my assistance or have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy GM Customer Service

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this original post is several years old .. BUT I just experienced the same problem with my enclave. I cant get the car to shut off and have removed the key and still running for over 30 sec. before shutting completely off. Its at the dealership now getting checked out , but they have never seen this problem before.. Iam very worried this is going to be very costly. Is this a problem from the manufacturer?
Amanda

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this original post is several years old .. BUT I just experienced the same problem with my enclave. I cant get the car to shut off and have removed the key and still running for over 30 sec. before shutting completely off. Its at the dealership now getting checked out , but they have never seen this problem before.. Iam very worried this is going to be very costly. Is this a problem from the manufacturer?
Amanda

I was skimming through and maybe your car has something to do with TSB 45553 ?

please keep us updated what happened

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I just found this forum and just joined. I've been reading some of these older posts etc. I have a 2008 Enclave and I am currently experiencing the exact same issues being discussed in these older posts. first of all water has infiltrated the battery compartment, had started dripping down from near upper left of windshield, inside the cab. floorboard carpet soaked on drivers side. and now floorboard carpet soaked on front passenger side and has compromised battery compartment behind passenger seat!!! Okay, i still haven't figured out where the water is coming in from, but now I believe the water/moisture has created allot more problems. My battery keeps losing charge "over night" It's a fairly new battery, and I had it checked/re-charged etc. to make sure it wasn't damaged. It's good.... Now i believe from reading these threads on this forum that i'm getting some bleed back from somewhere, because the vehicle now doesn't turn off immediately after pulling the key out....it runs about an extra 6 seconds and then shuts off...(with the key out). So I think wherever the water is draining into the cab from, has gotten something wet and is creating a problem. I "noted" Falcon and Rbarrios comments/threads. This all started from water dripping down from above my drivers side dash, up near where windshield and upholstry meet. I never had these issues before until the water problem started. now everything is going south on me....and I still cant figure out how water is also soaking the passenger side floorboard carpet, if its leaking on the drivers side? And one last detail i'm going to share because it may be relevant to some of this water issue, is that i found the cowl under the hood at the base of the outside windshield not fastened down/ snapped down all the way across. 1/4" or larger gap all the way across...could excessive water be going under this and not properly draining/ and maybe coming back inside the cab from underneath somewhere? because i had recently had some front shocks put on....anyway, I apologize for such a long thread and throwing so much on here, but i wanted to be thorough. Any Diy suggestions on the possible location of the water infiltration??? I haven't found any recalls pertaining to this....Thank you for any and all advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I just found this forum and just joined. I've been reading some of these older posts etc. I have a 2008 Enclave and I am currently experiencing the exact same issues being discussed in these older posts. first of all water has infiltrated the battery compartment, had started dripping down from near upper left of windshield, inside the cab. floorboard carpet soaked on drivers side. and now floorboard carpet soaked on front passenger side and has compromised battery compartment behind passenger seat!!! Okay, i still haven't figured out where the water is coming in from, but now I believe the water/moisture has created allot more problems. My battery keeps losing charge "over night" It's a fairly new battery, and I had it checked/re-charged etc. to make sure it wasn't damaged. It's good.... Now i believe from reading these threads on this forum that i'm getting some bleed back from somewhere, because the vehicle now doesn't turn off immediately after pulling the key out....it runs about an extra 6 seconds and then shuts off...(with the key out). So I think wherever the water is draining into the cab from, has gotten something wet and is creating a problem. I "noted" Falcon and Rbarrios comments/threads. This all started from water dripping down from above my drivers side dash, up near where windshield and upholstry meet. I never had these issues before until the water problem started. now everything is going south on me....and I still cant figure out how water is also soaking the passenger side floorboard carpet, if its leaking on the drivers side? And one last detail i'm going to share because it may be relevant to some of this water issue, is that i found the cowl under the hood at the base of the outside windshield not fastened down/ snapped down all the way across. 1/4" or larger gap all the way across...could excessive water be going under this and not properly draining/ and maybe coming back inside the cab from underneath somewhere? because i had recently had some front shocks put on....anyway, I apologize for such a long thread and throwing so much on here, but i wanted to be thorough. Any Diy suggestions on the possible location of the water infiltration??? I haven't found any recalls pertaining to this....Thank you for any and all advice.
okay back with some better news. I figured out the water issue and fixed both clogged sun roof drain hoses that come down to fire wall connected to a 90degree elbow that were both plugged with dirt, gunk etc... but now my engine light is on and threw a p1682 code ignition 1 switch circuit 2. and now i have a ( power trn ) relay in the fuse box under the hood that is clicking every 5 seconds, like it's trying to engage. Now my battery charge level is slowly draining...started at a reading of 12.4 Volts early this morning and is now 7hrs. later reading 11.5 volts....Does anyone have any idea of what possibly may be going wrong with my vehicle? Thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Acadia was having the run on, flashing ages, dead battery, then no crank issues. I parked it in my garage 2 months ago. fixed the water leak issue and pulled the carpets to dry them out. Car would not start, I pulled Fuse box behind glove box and it was damp, but not wet, checked connections and a few were a bit corroded. Cleaned off corrosion and re-assembled. Car still would not start. Basically I was sick of working on the car and just let it sit there. Today I went out and decided to check a few more things, I figured I would try and see if the battery was dead, but when I put key in it started just fine. Drove car, no issues with gauges or anything else. I am assuming the car finally dried out, but I do not know for sure. I know this doesn't help you troubleshoot your car, but I have no explanation other than it needed a few weeks to completely dry out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2012 Acadia was having the run on, flashing ages, dead battery, then no crank issues. I parked it in my garage 2 months ago. fixed the water leak issue and pulled the carpets to dry them out. Car would not start, I pulled Fuse box behind glove box and it was damp, but not wet, checked connections and a few were a bit corroded. Cleaned off corrosion and re-assembled. Car still would not start. Basically I was sick of working on the car and just let it sit there. Today I went out and decided to check a few more things, I figured I would try and see if the battery was dead, but when I put key in it started just fine. Drove car, no issues with gauges or anything else. I am assuming the car finally dried out, but I do not know for sure. I know this doesn't help you troubleshoot your car, but I have no explanation other than it needed a few weeks to completely dry out.
Hi Bdanb,
How did you pull out the dash fuse box? I had same issues with draining battery in a few hours and a faint ringing (in ear) sound under the hood which tells me something is turned on and will not turn off even my key is not in the vehicle. This happened after a major water leaked to the carpet due to clogged drains on sunroof. I took care of the drains and they're good now. But after that it keeps draining the battery because something seems turned on under the hood. So i followed what you did to check the fuse box under the dash and it is still damp even though that happened a couple months ago and i see connectors are corroded. My question is, how did you pull the fuse box out because it can only go down and that white plastic thing (and i see water in there) is in the way and i cant take it out because those are wires that come in to the fuse box. Did you take out the whole dashboard? Or any thing under the dash you took out? Can you send pics too if you have it? I cant find good videos on how to replace dash fuse box in youtube. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here.. My 2008 Arcadia sat for 2 weeks (Rain and Snow) when i got in the car this morning there was a puddle of water in the passenger footwell. I knew it was a clogged Sunroof drain. the bottom of the glove box was dripping. I cleaned the drain tube and then started the car and it would still run when turned off and key out for about 10 seconds. I opened the access panel below the glove box and water poured out, the fuse panel is dripping wet. got a blower on it now in hopes it dries out to see if the problem still exists. I am also going to have a local Wrap shop make me a car wrap to cover the whole sunroof for good. It seems once a month i have to clean them out because the rubber 90deg elbow they used for the drain gets blocked and the molded elbow is made in such a way that the elbow is 90% blocked by design.

EDIT: Prior to cleaning out the Sunroof Drains, I tried putting the car into drive and it would not shift. until i turned it off (turned off normal) and back on.
Just now i turned on/off the car and it was still running with key off, I turned it back and blasted the floor heat for 15 minutes. Now i have no issues and everything is fine for now until the next rain. I really hope they shot the engineer who put a fuse block right below a water drain.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts