EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My wife and I bought a 2008 Enclave CXL a year ago, and it wobbles sometimes at highway speeds. Well, at this point we've had a lot of the suspension components--shocks, sway-bar links, wheel bearings--replaced, and it still has the problem. We just got new tires, too. At this point the only thing I can think of that might be the problem is that the front wheel bearings need replacing also (we only replaced the rear wheel bearings), or the front sway-bar links need to be replaced, too (we only replaced the rear ones), or that one or more of the rims is bent. A mechanic told us the suspension is tight, but it's like the chassis of the car is not secured tightly to the undercarriage of the car when this happens, and the chassis moves from side to side. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, or have any of you had this problem? Any help in diagnosing this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sure sounds like a lot of random parts replaced… that would not fix anything related to what you described. Can you better describe the problem, though… does it act like it’s “floating?” Happen more on certain roads? While turning? At what speed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, My wife and I bought a 2008 Enclave CXL a year ago, and it wobbles sometimes at highway speeds. Well, at this point we've had a lot of the suspension components--shocks, sway-bar links, wheel bearings--replaced, and it still has the problem. We just got new tires, too. At this point the only thing I can think of that might be the problem is that the front wheel bearings need replacing also (we only replaced the rear wheel bearings), or the front sway-bar links need to be replaced, too (we only replaced the rear ones), or that one or more of the rims is bent. A mechanic told us the suspension is tight, but it's like the chassis of the car is not secured tightly to the undercarriage of the car when this happens, and the chassis moves from side to side. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, or have any of you had this problem? Any help in diagnosing this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Ball joints for sure, maybe lower control arms. should take care of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure sounds like a lot of random parts replaced… that would not fix anything related to what you described. Can you better describe the problem, though… does it act like it’s “floating?” Happen more on certain roads? While turning? At what speed?
Yes, it definitely feels like it's floating. It happens when we get above 55 mph I'd say. It seems to happen more when we are going around bends than on straight sections of road, but it's also noticeable sometimes when we are driving on straight sections. The vehicle has a definite side-to-side motion during these times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, I'll get those replaced.
Did that fix the problem

This is the exact problem I'm having with my 2014. 2 different buick dealerships say nothing is wrong. They can barely feel the vibration. But it gets worse the more it's driven and its very noticeable. Can basically look around at the seats shaking at highway speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did that fix the problem

This is the exact problem I'm having with my 2014. 2 different buick dealerships say nothing is wrong. They can barely feel the vibration. But it gets worse the more it's driven and its very noticeable. Can basically look around at the seats shaking at highway speeds.
Haven't had them replaced yet. Will post after I replace them.

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave Leather, FWD
2 Posts
I would check these 3 in this order:
1. Ball joint lower right front
2. Torque strut mount (under the fuse box, looks like a dogbone).
3. Cv axle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts