EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the lack of room for even one bag of golf clubs in the area behind the 3rd row? And, Tiger Woods is the Buick spokesman----

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
actually eclipse,

the lambdas have more cargo space than my sisters big ol' nissan armada. i think the cargo space is really good compared to other suv's such as tahoe, yukon, pilot and i could go on. i hope you werent expecting it to be like the extended versions of the yukon, escalades or tahoes. ???

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It has comparable floor space to the Chevy Venture I traded, but due to the sloping roof and tailgate, overall volume is smaller.
No regrets, as only once a year do I fully pack the vehicle for vacation, so we will be a little more selective on what we take. (easier said than done)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
mr buick,

have you considered the cargo box? that is what i will be using on our cross country road trips.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Fold the 3rd row split and you get more space then any other comparable vehicle out there. (except Navigator XL and Escalade ESV but those are not comparable).

I am very satisfied with the space after the 3rd row. It it most in its class*

(* when not compared against another Lambda).

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
MsS42 said:
mr buick,

have you considered the cargo box? that is what i will be using on our cross country road trips.
"cargo box" as in roof top carrier?? I do have a clamshell type that hooks to the roof rack cross rails. Yes, I had the dealer install the cross rails, as well as the assist steps(running boards). The running boards look great, well integrated into the overall design. They are the same color as the lower trim and do not look like an add-on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, dont get me wrong---I absolutely LOVED the Enclave, but I was totally surprised that the width cannot handle the golf bag. I need to carry several bags, and children, so I cant fold down the 3rd row seat, either. I really wanted to get this car, but went with the Acadia because of that reason. I wish GM would consider these things --- it would only take a couple of more inches!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
MRBUICK said:
"cargo box" as in roof top carrier?? I do have a clamshell type that hooks to the roof rack cross rails. Yes, I had the dealer install the cross rails, as well as the assist steps(running boards). The running boards look great, well integrated into the overall design. They are the same color as the lower trim and do not look like an add-on.
yes mr buick,

the camshell is probably ok for summertime. we use the cargo box cause during travelling we never know when we will run into rain since we drive from california to alabama and then to south and north carolina

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Please give me more info for the cargo box you are referring to.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
it is an accessory from the dealer but you can also purchase them from sears a little cheaper i might imagine. they have several types, the one we have looks like a short boat w/a cover on it and is black. now, they do have one that is long and looks like a canoe i dont like that one.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Maybe I should not be calling it a clamshell. The one I bought at Sears a few years ago(before I stopped shopping there for reasons I will not get into here) holds 20 cu ft, is black, hinged in the front, and tapers in height towards the front. It is similar in shape to the ones sold by Thule.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ok, thats probably it and i can see why you call it a clamshell.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
thanks!

A

·
0 Posts
eclipse said:
Now, dont get me wrong---I absolutely LOVED the Enclave, but I was totally surprised that the width cannot handle the golf bag. I need to carry several bags, and children, so I cant fold down the 3rd row seat, either. I really wanted to get this car, but went with the Acadia because of that reason. I wish GM would consider these things --- it would only take a couple of more inches!
Eclipse, you're aware the third row is a 60/40 split, right? You can fold down the 40 portion, have room for probably 4 golf bags and still have seating for 6 (or 7 with the 2nd row bench). If you need to haul more than 4 golf bags and 6 people at once a lot, then you definitely need to look at an extended vehicle like a Suburban/Yukon XL.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The cargo space difference between Acadia and Enclave is just one cubic foot behind the 3rd row, and I bet that is mostly on the top near the roof. At the bottom, IMO it has the same area as the Acadia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It IS at the bottom floor area of the cargo space -- the Acadia is just that much bigger to accomodate the length of golf clubs. Yes, I know it is 40/60 split also, just looking for most convenient one to load. The Enclave drives beautifully, though. Wish it would've worked out for me!

·
Registered
167 Posts
if you want more room buy a mini van or suburban.
the vehicle has plenty of room with the third row down.this
is equal to most suv's(explorers etc..) just consider the third row built in bonus seating.
what next fourth row?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Keep in mind that in the $70,000 (well equipped) Mercedes GL you can't put golf bags across the back either...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I never checked to see if my golf bag would fit across the rear of the Enclave. I am quite surprised to find out that it does not. I have to remove the driver to have it fit.

I still love it however.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts