EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really stupid asking this but here goes. I don't see where to hook the fabric cargo cover in the rear of the car. The owner's manual says to hook it to the four hooks, but I only see two hooks--one on each side in the rear part of the car. Where are the other two. Is there a picture somewhere showing what this will look like when it is installed?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I didn't buy any covers or nets for the rear but I think the hooks you are looking for are in the far back of the vehicle and in the third row of the vehicle. I think it is intended to be used with the third row down.

·
Registered
743 Posts
zman said:
I didn't buy any covers or nets for the rear but I think the hooks you are looking for are in the far back of the vehicle and in the third row of the vehicle. I think it is intended to be used with the third row down.
Correct zman. With the third row down, the two front hooks are exposed. Hook those two and the two hooks in the far back and Bingo. It forms a square cover over the cargo area, plus the tinted glass will make it pretty difficult for someone to see your cargo. 8)

·
Registered
644 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
Back in June when I first tried to hook the cover in place, it took me several attempts before I noticed the little "rear of vehicle" tag. That's when I realized that the front edge of the cover was wider, since the cabin is wider there, and could reach the hooks and that the rear was the "narrow" end! I felt like a dope! :banghead:
And? :D ;)

BB

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just had my first experience with the cargo cover, and my first dissapointment with the Enclave after almost 2 years(even after the wiper recall and a transmision leak.) Took a trip this weekend and used the cargro cover to hide some luggage, nothing major. Hook up 3 of the 4 corners no problem, hook up the 4th and the hook comes flying out of the molding. Thought no big deal, just align the slots in the molding with the tabs on the hook and give it a little turn to lock it into place. Before I even attempted to rehook the cover, the hook fell out again. Thats when I noticed that one of the tabs on the hook had broken off. I had to McGiver that corner of the cover to the cargo tie down. Now I have a nice round hole in the molding. I shouldn't have any problems replacing it. Just that I now I have to make a special trip for a failed piece of plastic worth $.10. You spend $40k+ on a car nothing should be failing the first time you use it.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Booboo said:
Just had my first experience with the cargo cover, and my first dissapointment with the Enclave after almost 2 years(even after the wiper recall and a transmision leak.) Took a trip this weekend and used the cargro cover to hide some luggage, nothing major. Hook up 3 of the 4 corners no problem, hook up the 4th and the hook comes flying out of the molding. Thought no big deal, just align the slots in the molding with the tabs on the hook and give it a little turn to lock it into place. Before I even attempted to rehook the cover, the hook fell out again. Thats when I noticed that one of the tabs on the hook had broken off. I had to McGiver that corner of the cover to the cargo tie down. Now I have a nice round hole in the molding. I shouldn't have any problems replacing it. Just that I now I have to make a special trip for a failed piece of plastic worth $.10. You spend $40k+ on a car nothing should be failing the first time you use it.
I thought about ordering the cover, but with the privacy glass it's so dark back there anyway that I decided against it... Then too, sometimes I wonder if using these things might not lead a potential thief to believe there are big-buck items hidden underneath...

Whatever... Good luck getting things sorted out...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I consider cargo cover and net a must for an SUV. W/o net, for example, I would never use tailgate-open button on the console - who knows what might fall out if you are not back there "catching".

For a 7-seater Enclave configuration, did anybody come up with an idea of how to preven trunk contents from becoming projectiles through the middle opening? Very annoying!

As far as cargo cover - I find Enclave's offering in this department a joke. I am used to self-retracting heavy-duty cargo shades, not a piece of fabric with 4 hooks and a "rear of vehicle" tag. :eyebrow:

Yes it does the work of concealing trunk content, and it is quite easy to manage when 3rd row needs to go up, but the whole execution of this important concept is laughable.

Anyway, to answer the original question - there are 4 hooks on side walls slightly below windows - 2 right behind 2nd row, 2 more all the way in the back right inside tailgate opening.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
wait4me said:
Then too, sometimes I wonder if using these things might not lead a potential thief to believe there are big-buck items hidden underneath...
We humans can find a way to rationalize.....for good or ill....almost anything we do. Lord knows, I do it all the time.

With your point about the cover in mind, is there anything in the world that more loudly and blatantly screams "something's in here, open me up" than a car rooftop carrier ?? Let's face it; you can't drive down the highway.....or pass a motel.....without seeing a family vehicle so-equipped that's at least a thousand miles from home. :D

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
vip9 said:
As far as cargo cover - I find Enclave's offering in this department a joke. I am used to self-retracting heavy-duty cargo shades, not a piece of fabric with 4 hooks and a "rear of vehicle" tag. Yes it does the work of concealing trunk content, and it is quite easy to manage when 3rd row needs to go up, but the whole execution of this important concept is laughable.
I'd submit that cargo covers are used quite extensively by some....presumably, you are one of them......but virtually never by the majority. No question in my mind that this was a cheap-ified/short-cut solution, but was considered acceptable for most buyers who will seldom (if ever) use it to begin with.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I quite like the cloth cargo cover, when you don't use it, it is easy to fold and store, rather than a roller blind style. While the tinted windows are normally dark enough to conceal items in the back, in bright sun, light colored cargo items will reflect the light and show up quite prominently. What I found surprising was the price of the cargo cover, but I did not directly pay for mine, I negotiated it, the cargo net and the all weather mats into the purchase.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got mine on Ebay for around 35$
Works exactly the way I wanted, folds easily for third row seat, but can be disconnected at the rear two hooks and draped down if wanted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts