EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the OEM cargo cover and I'm not sure I like it. I was thinking it went behind the third row seat. You can't use this if you have 5 passengers :(
Is there an alternative cover to look at that allows the use of all 3 rows of seats?

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
I never knew that the cargo cover can be used only when the third row is folded. I suppose that rear tinted glass makes it very difficult to view the contents behind the third row, anyway.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
small batch said:
I purchased the OEM cargo cover and I'm not sure I like it. I was thinking it went behind the third row seat. You can't use this if you have 5 passengers :(
Is there an alternative cover to look at that allows the use of all 3 rows of seats?
SmallBatch & Goldenclave. I noticed this too that it is too LONG (front to back) once it is connected to the back hooks. What I have done is I have the cargo net connected and i have looped the backend side elastic loops thru the top hooksof cargo net then hooking the cargo net to its attaching pointsleaving the front cargo cover's elastic free from the fornt hooks and once items are put in the back i just drape the cargo cover over them.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Question does the cargo cover roll from front to back? I have one on the VUE and it rolls out from side to side behind the 2nd row. If they had one which would fit like that for the back of the Enclave it would be perfect for those needing use of the 3rd row yet wants the cargo area covered.

When we traveled with the Outlook I just covered what was in the back with a black blanket, seeing as how the interior was black and of course with the heavy tint on the rear windows that helped tremendously.

With the Enclave the interior is titanium so I purchased a light gray blanket to toss over anything in the back. It helps to hide what may be in the back, even with the 3rd row laid flat and again the heavy tint on the rear windows helps as well.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
No rolling material here(front to back or side to side. It's just a piece of fabric that has elastic cording thru the front and back that attach via loops in the ends to the sides of the Enclave. But the fabric is designed to cover the WHOLE area when the 3rd row is folded down. That's why I just have fed the hooks of the top of the cargo net thru the loops of the cargo cover while the cargo net is attached and through the cargo cover over the items in the back. I should take a picture and post it. But, it's raining today. May get to that tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Okay thanks I was not sure what it was. When I get the VUE back I will take photos of the cargo cover in the back to show you what I am talking about as well.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
This is how I have the cargo net and the cargo cover rigged so that I just use the cargo cover sort of like a blanket over anything that is in the cargo area.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:thumb: I have thought about the cargo net as a couple times when I opened the rear after shopping at the grocery have had a couple items roll out.

Thanks for the photographs.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Does anybody know what the small "pocket" on the cargo cover is for?
(you can see it in cfedor's second picture)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Hummm....can you fold it up and then sort of invert it into the pocket for storage? Hope you understand what I just said.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Sailfish said:
Hummm....can you fold it up and then sort of invert it into the pocket for storage? Hope you understand what I just said.

Sailfish, You mean like using the cargo net for storage of the cargo cover? Yes, It is made of a cotton/polyester material that can be folded up and put in the netting or I can take all of off and just through it in the under floor storage compartment.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
cfedor said:

Sailfish, You mean like using the cargo net for storage of the cargo cover? Yes, It is made of a cotton/polyester material that can be folded up and put in the netting or I can take all of off and just through it in the under floor storage compartment.
Okay although what about the pocket as what Sklunk was referring to.

sklunk said:
Does anybody know what the small "pocket" on the cargo cover is for?
(you can see it in cfedor's second picture)

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Sailfish said:
I also assumed that it was a storage pocket for the cover, too.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also just purchased the cargo net. I will play with it and see how this combination fits. Thanks for the suggestion, cfedor :)

I really would just prefer a cover that fits behind the third seat GM :violent:

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
small batch said:
I also just purchased the cargo net. I will play with it and see how this combination fits. Thanks for the suggestion, cfedor :)

I really would just prefer a cover that fits behind the third seat GM :violent:
Small Batch: You are quite welcome. I don't think there really is an actual one that "fits" with the third row in it's upright normal position. Seeing as how the front anchor points are so far up in front of the 3rd row. I actually think just a small light weight airline blanket would work just to cover up the stuff in the cargo/trunk area. Question for all: do you have the "in floor" removable storage container in the rear cargo area and is this a standard piece of equipment??

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: Re: Cargo cover

I'd like to figure out a way to attach a cover behind the third row using the LATCH attachment point which is at the same height as the top cargo net rings. I'd love to come up with something like the retractable cover used in Chrysler Town & Country vans. It's actually rigid enough to use as a shelf so you can put things both under it and on top of it...

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Sailfish said:
That thought hadn't crossed my mind.. Thanks, Sailfish!
Also, I just packed for a quick weekend get away for us 5 and this is what I do and how I do it, just to cover the "stuff".

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Nix said:
I do believe a nice big dark blanket will do a finer job. It costs less too.
You might be right. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts