EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to get one for the Clave? I need to get one, tired of things falling out as the hatch goes up!! Dealer is a little high on the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
PAPoPo said:
Anyone know a good place to get one for the Clave? I need to get one, tired of things falling out as the hatch goes up!! Dealer is a little high on the price.

Didn't you get with the truck?? "Package" maybe? My CXL came with. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Didn't you get with the truck?? "Package" maybe? My CXL came with. ;D
You may have had it with your truck, but you paid for it unless your dealer "threw it in" "at no charge" (yeh, right!!). It's an option item on the order sheet. I didn't get it because I thought it was pretty pricey for what it was, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Here in New YorK City some of the auto stores have them (not GM, a generic type) for about $8.00...just the net, not the cover...but worth the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
xrayman said:
You may have had it with your truck, but you paid for it unless your dealer "threw it in" "at no charge" (yeh, right!!). It's an option item on the order sheet. I didn't get it because I thought it was pretty pricey for what it was, IMO.
Found it on Window sticker!! I paid $47 for it!!!! Was NOT a free-bee. ****! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input I was able to get one from another Buick Dealer today for $21.79, I thought that was a good deal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Great deal! More than half off sticker price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer told me their actual cost for the net is $18 and some change. He charged me 10% on top of that, what a shame they mark it up to $47 on the window sitcker.....kinda crazy isn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
PAPoPo said:
The dealer told me their actual cost for the net is $18 and some change. He charged me 10% on top of that, what a shame they mark it up to $47 on the window sitcker.....kinda crazy isn't it?
There could be some marketing confusion here. Both the net (AP9) and shade (RYJ) are required to be ordered together from the factory. My invoice does say $45 each or a $90 MSRP total. If you pay invoice plus $XXX for the vehicle, the cost of the Net/Shade is $74.70 (83% of MSRP for Accessory Invoice).

Here starts the confusion (maybe only for me), Web sites like http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/frameset3.cfm
price out the net, PN 19158229, at a GM list of $27 and will sell for $22.87 + handling. I could see where there would be some mark up from the $18 PAPoPo was told.
The shade, PN 19155496, lists for $90 and sells for $76.23 + handling.
Why KBB, Edmonds and the Buick window sticker splits the cost at $45 each I don't know. ???

So if Buick lists both included items for $90 MSRP from the factory and the two individual PNs total $117, and you want both items you are ahead to include them at the time of vehicle order, especially if you are ordering at invoice plus. :cheers:

Wayne
:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
valid point unless you order from a dealer where they don't charge you shipping but who the **** even thinks of this type of stuff up front. I personally beleive that they should include a net in every 36000-45000 car!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
PAPoPo said:
valid point unless you order from a dealer where they don't charge you shipping but who the **** even thinks of this type of stuff up front. I personally beleive that they should include a net in every 36000-45000 car!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
For the $$$ you would think the net would be a no brain decision. I agree.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top