EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to order our Enclave CXL tomorrow and have gone back and forth on the Platinum with Titanium (which we've seen in person) vs. the Cocoa Metallic (seen in person) with the Cashmere leather (have not seen in person). It seems like it's a fairly dark tan on the Buick website, but is much lighter in the gallery pics. Any firsthand experience that could tell me how dark/light it is? Also, is the darker accent color actually a brown (cocoa) or is it black as it appears?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
that cashmere is true to its name.... no it is not dark, it reminds me of a light caramel color and yes the cocoa is a dark brown not black. too light for me and is why im getting the black interior and yes i live in a hot climate but those cashmere and titanium colors are just awful IMHO. i would have loved to have seen a chocolate brown color as an option. for this to be a family car, one would think that they would have offered a few more interior color options, especially dark colors.

im not saying the colors are ugly, i am saying they do not work for me and these boys at all... they are just tooooooooooo light and it would not take them long to totally destroy that interior... they are true growing boys :'(

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree with MsS42, plus we really did not like the 3-Tone color scheme of the Titanium or the Cashmere. The three different colors to us did not look in balance with each other. The Ebony is dark, but sleek and elegant IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
We have titanium, mostly because after 3 cars with cashmere we wanted a change.
The cashmere is also beautiful, but ebony would have been our ultimate choice if we wanted to wait(we did not).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I feel better knowing it's dk brown and not black. However it being too light does concern me with a 2 year old, another baby on the way in the future, and a chocolate lab. I don't like how light the Acadia's gray interior is and prefer the Enclave's gray interior as it is darker. Is the Enclave's cashmere as light as the Acadia's gray? This wouldn't be so hard if they just had some on the lots!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Canuck,
I've never seen a coffin with a black interior, but I certainly have seen coffins with satin that is very close to the cashmere interior....
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I was coffin, and then I took some cold medicine..... :drunk: :beer:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
wildcat said:
Thanks! I feel better knowing it's dk brown and not black. However it being too light does concern me with a 2 year old, another baby on the way in the future, and a chocolate lab. I don't like how light the Acadia's gray interior is and prefer the Enclave's gray interior as it is darker. Is the Enclave's cashmere as light as the Acadia's gray? This wouldn't be so hard if they just had some on the lots!!
what's dark brown? :confused:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Enclave4Me said:
Canuck,
I've never seen a coffin with a black interior, but I certainly have seen coffins with satin that is very close to the cashmere interior....
:thumb:
Ok if I have to spell it out it is Dark and Black when the coffin closes....mind you that is how I imagine it no first hand knowledge:cheers:

·
Registered
313 Posts
MsS42 said:
what's dark brown? :confused:
Dash, center console, top of doors, accents... a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Canuck said:
Ok if I have to spell it out it is Dark and Black when the coffin closes....mind you that is how I imagine it no first hand knowledge:cheers:
That's what the Sun Roofs are for ;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
osli said:
Dash, center console, top of doors, accents... a lot of stuff.
whew, ok.... i thought you were thinking the black was dark brown....

R

·
0 Posts
MRBUICK said:
I was coffin, and then I took some cold medicine..... :drunk: :beer:
here is how i treat somthing like that

Whiskey+water=wellness :drunk:

·
Registered
152 Posts
muljo said:
That's what the Sun Roofs are for ;)
Muljo can I come to your funeral so I can see a casket with a sunroof? Wouldn't it actually be a dirt roof?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I agree a slightly darker cashmere would be nice....but I still do not want to ride in a coffin :eek:hno:

R

·
0 Posts
Canuck said:
I agree a slightly darker cashmere would be nice....but I still do not want to ride in a coffin :eek:hno:
nither do i (well for atleast another 80 years)

·
Registered
40 Posts
We got the cashmere interior and I love it. The dark brown on the dash blends very nicely with the "wood" grain. We looked at the titanium and I didn't like it at all. I traded in my Expedition with about the same color interior and it held up very well with 3 young boys (7, 4, 10 months). I would be VERY hesitant to get a light colored cloth interior with young children, but I've had no complaints with the light leather. Everything wipes up very easily. Black was NOT an option for me here in GA... the temp was 103 today. :hot: :hot:

BTW - has anyone noticed that the external temp indicator is WAY off? It's been hot this week, but the car has read 107-109 all week. I know that it hasn't been quite THAT hot.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm with the Canadian, eh? "Ebony=Black=Dark=Coffin=Dead. I like Cashmere."[/color] You are sooooo right, Canuck.

Hey Thunder, :rant:I thought you were only 20...what's with the whiskey?![/color]

I have the Cashmere leather on my current vehicle...love it and it's so easy to clean. I can sure see with kids, tho, light colored fabric could be a nightmare.

Boymom, sometimes all you need is a new sensor for the external temp gage. Try that and see if it works better. We had 100 here in Colorado, NOW I WANT WINTER TO COME! Has anyone out there in south ordered a Black/black enclave? Just wondering... :angryfire:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid of light colored leather. I've had the ebony and the light tan (Denali) and both require some tender loving care from time to time. Have some leather cleaner and conditioner on hand and when a spot appears, get to work on it. Don't let it stay or it will be harder to clean. I found the Ebony showed soiling too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts