EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if when you opt for either the DVD or Nav (or both) do you still get the six-disc CD changer, or is it a single disc?

Also, does anyone know if you can play a DVD for the back passengers (with headphones) at the same time as a CD for the front passengers, or is the DVD/CD the same slot on the head unit?

Thanks for any help, my wife and I just ordered one yesterday after she test drove a white CX. They were able to modify and existing order so hopefully within 4 weeks we will have it.

Thanks,

Jarrod

·
Registered
103 Posts
AFAIK, the radio options are the same as the other lambdas, so your options should be the following:

no nav or reardvd - 6 disc changer (US9)
no nav but reardvd - 6 disc changer is replaced with 2 disc unit (dvd top/ cd bottom) (UVA)
nav without reardvd - nav unit single slot cd (U3R)
nav and reardvd - nav unit single slot cd/dvd (UZR)

A

·
0 Posts
And to answer your other question, yes, you can play a DVD in the back and a CD in the front. In fact, there are 3 total sources that can be used at the same time. Each of the 2 headphones can have a different source (although one of them must be the DVD) and the main cabin speakers can have a third source.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is that just with the "no nav but reardvd" option though? It looks like with the Nav, you just get a single slot no matter what. If you have the reardvd option then that slot can take a dvd too otherwise it just takes only CD. If that's the case then could you still have both a CD and a DVD playing if you have the Nav? If there's only a single slot how would it work?

In my case, I kind of want the Nav but don't really care about Rear DVD.
I don't like the fact that you lose out on the 6 Disc changer when you get the Nav. At least with the DVD package, you get a CD/DVD player. So you could put MP3s on a DVD and then the lack of 6 disc player doesn't seem so bad. However, with the just the Nav, it looks like you get nothing but a single CD player and that's it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Most DVD players do not play MP3 stored on a DVD media. The drive can only play MP3s if they are stored on CD. Not sure whether the player in Lambdas could play MP3s off of a DVD disc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the PDF version of the Acadia manuals (Owners Manual, Navigation Manual, and Getting Started Manual).

I think you're right about the non-nav dvd player. Page 301 says that it will only play uncompressed audio off of a DVD and will ignore any compressed audio (MP3/WMA).

However, page 75 of the Navigation Manual says that the DVD player will play MP3/WMA:

"DVD Player

The player can be used for CD, MP3, DVD audio,
and as a DVD video player.

The DVD player is only compatible with DVDs of
the appropriate region code that is printed on
the jacket of most DVDs.
The DVD slot is compatible with most audio
CDs, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio,
DVD+R/RW single layer media along with
MP3 and WMA formats. DVD-R, DVD-RW, and
DVD+R dual layer media is not supported."[/color]

So maybe there's a difference between the single CD/DVD slot that would come with the NAV and the separate CD & DVD players in the non-NAV.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I think Page 75 is just giving information on what it can read. But as you mentioned the DVD player is not capable of reading compress files stored on a DVD disc. Which is the case with other DVD/CD/MP3 players.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I personally like the idea of not having Changer. With the aux port I can carry more music/videos in my iPOD than all DVDs combined. Also with the video ports in 2nd row you can hook up the Rear DVD and watch the videos on screen, this way I won't have to lug whole Disney library with me :D

A

·
0 Posts
Several people have successfully burned and played MP3 DVDs on acadiaforum.net, so they obviously read them fine. The only limitation is the player will only recognize the first 512 songs on any given disc. Still, that's the equivalent of about 45 CDs worth of music.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
admin said:
Several people have successfully burned and played MP3 DVDs on acadiaforum.net, so they obviously read them fine. The only limitation is the player will only recognize the first 512 songs on any given disc. Still, that's the equivalent of about 45 CDs worth of music.
oh the woe's of technology :violent: ....whatever happened to the good old 8 track tape ;D :rofl: :tunes: ;D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
admin said:
And to answer your other question, yes, you can play a DVD in the back and a CD in the front. In fact, there are 3 total sources that can be used at the same time. Each of the 2 headphones can have a different source (although one of them must be the DVD) and the main cabin speakers can have a third source.
And, there is the rest of the information I was looking for. Thank you very much Admin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts