EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN the pictures I've seen of the enclave on the buick website, they all show a center console between the captains chairs in the 2nd row of the Enclave.

Is this center console in the 2nd row removable? We kind of like having that pass-through area open so our daughter can walk back to her car seat without having to fold seats.

Can any of the current owners of this car please comment?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
DWSEATTLE said:
IN the pictures I've seen of the enclave on the buick website, they all show a center console between the captains chairs in the 2nd row of the Enclave.

Is this center console in the 2nd row removable? We kind of like having that pass-through area open so our daughter can walk back to her car seat without having to fold seats.

Can any of the current owners of this car please comment?
HI DWSEATTLE,

THE 2ND ROW CENTER CONSOLE IS GOING TO BE OPTIONAL ON LATE AVALIABLITY MODELS. I'M NOT SURE WHEN THEY WILL START ADDING IT INTO THE ENCLAVES BUT IT WILL BE AN OPTION NOT A SET FEATURE. HOPE THAT HELPS.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've heard that the center console will be a late feature and I definitely want it. I'm wondering if I ordered now, would I be able to have a console installed later. I hope so and if not, maybe after market. :blob:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
I've heard that the center console will be a late feature and I definitely want it. I'm wondering if I ordered now, would I be able to have a console installed later. I hope so and if not, maybe after market. :blob:
I KNOW ROCKETMAN, I FEEL THE SAME WAY...I WANT TO BE SURE THAT I GET EVERYTHING THAT I WANT IN ONE SHOT....I'M SO EXCITED THOUGH :blob:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 2nd row console is apparently incompatible with the inboard fold-down arms on the 2nd row seats that come when and only when the 2nd row console is not ordered. Therefore, updating to a 2nd row console later might require modifying or exchanging the 2nd row seats that came with the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also read somewhere that the wiring harnass of the car is different with that center console. There will be 12V outlets, etc. in the console that will make it impossible to add later.

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, one of our resident GM insiders has mentioned that it's not an option that can be added later. Basically, you need to decide which of the three second row configurations you want before ordering:

A) Capts chairs w/ pass-thru
B) Capts chairs w/ center console
C) Bench Seat

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks Admin, I want to order the console but if it's a late option, I might as well be prepared to wait. It seems like everything should be available when they roll out the new models. :blob:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
Thanks Admin, I want to order the console but if it's a late option, I might as well be prepared to wait. It seems like everything should be available when they roll out the new models. :blob:
ADMIN,

WE KEEP SEEING LATE AVAILABILITY....WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? DOES GM MEAN ONCE THE ENCLAVE IS ACTUALLY LAUNCHED OR DO THEY MEAN NEXT YEARS ADDITION? THIS CLARIFICATION MAY HELP A LOT OF US.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I thought I had heard August timeframe somewhere.

A

·
0 Posts
MsS42 - Like zman said, late summer seems to be everyone's speculation. We once heard they were having some noise issues with the center console and wanted to get that worked out, since it kind of defeats the "quiet tuning" aspect of Buick. So I'm not sure they even HAVE a definitive date yet. But to summarize, I think they will release it as an option on 08 models as soon as they can.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
admin said:
MsS42 - Like zman said, late summer seems to be everyone's speculation. We once heard they were having some noise issues with the center console and wanted to get that worked out, since it kind of defeats the "quiet tuning" aspect of Buick. So I'm not sure they even HAVE a definitive date yet. But to summarize, I think they will release it as an option on 08 models as soon as they can.
ALL-RIGHTY THEN :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was told by someone at the dealership that the late options would be around August. I don't think they know. I was once told also that the New Enclaves wouldn't be delivered to the showrooms until July or August. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
I was told by someone at the dealership that the late options would be around August. I don't think they know. I was once told also that the New Enclaves wouldn't be delivered to the showrooms until July or August. :banghead:
ROCKETMAN,

I HAVE FOUND HERE IN SO. CALI THAT THE DEALERS ARE CLUELESS....I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CAR THEN THEY DO. BEEN LIKE :deadhorse: W/THEM.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree. I do all of my research and when I'm ready, I'll make my purchase. I don't really need the sales people except to help facilitate the Paperwork. :banghead:

·
Registered
214 Posts
raftdoc said:
The 2nd row console is apparently incompatible with the inboard fold-down arms on the 2nd row seats that come when and only when the 2nd row console is not ordered. Therefore, updating to a 2nd row console later might require modifying or exchanging the 2nd row seats that came with the car.
A good illustration of this is in the Acadia and Enclave brochures. If you overlap the smaller Acadia brochure page 11 with the Enclave's third turned page, the phantom interior pictures are the same size. The second row arm rests and open pass thru compares to the DK1 console.
The overlap also shows the difference in dash/front console and upholstery between the two Lambdas. It could be an optical illusion, but to me the Enclaves second row captain seat's headrests look a bit wider than the Acadia's.
As you can tell, I seem to need my daily 'fix' with these forums. My state was the 48th to enter the Union, but I think we will be the 50th to have a live Enclave for viewing. :'(

Wayne

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
I agree. I do all of my research and when I'm ready, I'll make my purchase. I don't really need the sales people except to help facilitate the Paperwork. :banghead:
exactly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Breaking News on second row console!

News from dealer!

"They are starting to except orders for 2nd row console on the week of 9/27 for production starting 10/22". :thumb:

·
Registered
721 Posts
FYI

Posted in Buick Hot Sheet 1/17/2008:

Launch Items:

Enclave - The 2nd row center console (DK1) is now available to order. The console offers additional storage and cup holders but it does limit access to the third row. Since the console is not removable, access to the third row requires the use of the SmartSlide 2nd row seating system.

It will be constrained to 20% of orders for the first week and will ramp up from there. First production of these consoles will be the week of February 11th. Our prediction of this option penetration over time is 20-30% of sales. Additionally, sold orders which have been on hold due to this constraint are price protected.

Note: the console CAN NOT be retrofitted to existing cars do to electrical wiring for the power ports and mounting location in the second row.[/color]

·
Registered
379 Posts
How many of us could easily figure out a mounting option if we really wanted the console. If they did the nice second fow console that is in the concept car or the 3 Custom Enclaves, I would find a way to put it in. It would NOT be hard to wire a power adapter into it either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts