EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK--
So today I decide to "look under the hood" and become familiar with the location of the fluid dipsticks (yes, i'm a girl and my late-husband would be very proud) etc...
I then notice that the reservoir tank for the dex-cool does not look right-- fluid level at the bottom of the tank-- so waited till this evening to recheck since the vehicle was warm when i noticed it-- and low and behold same location-- the vehicle has been really blowing hot air when i stand outside of it but i read another post of someone who also thought theirs was also really warm so i thought must be normal... took almost 1/2 of the antifreeze bottle to fill to the line..
needless to say the service dept. apparently did not fill tank on delivery-- i checked the oil and that seems fine..
anything else i should look at?? anyone else have really low dex-cool on delivery??? my temp gauge was running 210 all day so i think that's ok.. I have 650miles on it and feel guilty I just noticed it..

·
Registered
413 Posts
whitediamond4me said:
OK--
So today I decide to "look under the hood" and become familiar with the location of the fluid dipsticks (yes, i'm a girl and my late-husband would be very proud) etc...
I then notice that the reservoir tank for the dex-cool does not look right-- fluid level at the bottom of the tank-- so waited till this evening to recheck since the vehicle was warm when i noticed it-- and low and behold same location-- the vehicle has been really blowing hot air when i stand outside of it but i read another post of someone who also thought theirs was also really warm so i thought must be normal... took almost 1/2 of the antifreeze bottle to fill to the line..
needless to say the service dept. apparently did not fill tank on delivery-- i checked the oil and that seems fine..
anything else i should look at?? anyone else have really low dex-cool on delivery??? my temp gauge was running 210 all day so i think that's ok.. I have 650miles on it and feel guilty I just noticed it..
Be sure you don't continue to add 100% Dex-Cool. Dex-Cool should be mixed with distilled water at the ratio recommended on the container depending on what part of the country you are in to provide proper protection. I'm not sure what the mix ratio is from the factory.

Your doing a good job; keep checking those fluid levels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply--
I purchased the ready made 50/50 diluted version...
Curious to know why distilled water vs tap?? Is it the hardness or minerals??

·
Registered
413 Posts
whitediamond4me said:
Thanks for the reply--
I purchased the ready made 50/50 diluted version...
Curious to know why distilled water vs tap?? Is it the hardness or minerals??
It's apparent that your smarter than most of us.
Yes it the minerals as well as other things such as chlorine etc.

My White Diamond arrived today; or to be correct "my Wifes White Diamond arrived today". After seeing the car this evening I've got an idea driver position # 2 (that' me) will be rarely used!

·
Registered
172 Posts
43sbest said:
After seeing the car this evening I've got an idea driver position # 2 (that' me) will be rarely used!
We just returned from a little 4 day mini vacation up through Michigan and put around 750 miles on our Enclave. We have been married for 30 years and I drive all of the time. Even if it's our annual 15 hour jaunt to Florida, I drive it all, coming and going. Tuesday while we were heading down the interstate, my wife asked if she could drive for awhile. I did a double take, after all 30 years is a long time. Of course, I said NO.

Just kidding!, We pulled into a rest area and switched. She got to drive it every bit of 35 miles and was very disappointed. That's all the farther we had to go to get to our hotel. I made things right and let her drive home a couple of days later, (2 1/2 hours). Thats the effect the Enclave has. Best of all it's American made. Good Luck getting some drive time.

P.S. I thought here in Indiana we had a lot of deer that are hit by cars. In Michigan, we saw dead deer laying along the roadways everywhere we went. I know it's that time of year, but after waiting so long to get it, I was afraid to drive at night.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought my 08 Enclave on 10/4/07 and I noticed the same situation with the dex-cool. Mine has 300 or so miles on it now. Called dealer, they said swing it by and they would top if off. He said sometimes there are air pockets when they first fill them up and then after bouncing around on the truck and then driving a few miles you will notice it's not quite full anymore...

·
Registered
25 Posts
ticner58 said:
We just returned from a little 4 day mini vacation up through Michigan and put around 750 miles on our Enclave. We have been married for 30 years and I drive all of the time. Even if it's our annual 15 hour jaunt to Florida, I drive it all, coming and going. Tuesday while we were heading down the interstate, my wife asked if she could drive for awhile. I did a double take, after all 30 years is a long time. Of course, I said NO.

Just kidding!, We pulled into a rest area and switched. She got to drive it every bit of 35 miles and was very disappointed. That's all the farther we had to go to get to our hotel. I made things right and let her drive home a couple of days later, (2 1/2 hours). Thats the effect the Enclave has. Best of all it's American made. Good Luck getting some drive time.

P.S. I thought here in Indiana we had a lot of deer that are hit by cars. In Michigan, we saw dead deer laying along the roadways everywhere we went. I know it's that time of year, but after waiting so long to get it, I was afraid to drive at night.
;D Ha! I have a feeling this will be happening for me as well. This is her vehicle, however, whenever we go somewhere together I do the driving (my wife can read without ever getting sick). I may have to give up the pilots seat sometimes. Guess I'd better keep my eye open if she starts buying books on CD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts