EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I tried to be loyal to Chevy. TRAVERSE. This is my second one. 2012, and 2014. Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves for making junk cars. I had a 2012 that leaked oil. Found out it was the oil pressure sensor. As I waited to get money to get it fixed it caught a fire with the kids in it. We all got out safe. Called Chevrolet to see what they could do to get a recall on that particular issue and they brused me off like it was A oh well. Their customer service was rotten to the core. They didn't want to help with a rental till the investigation was over, they just didn't give a ****.
Well, we like the traverse for the kids. Plenty of space and all. So we decided to get another one for the kids sake. We got a 2014 traverse and now it's another problem no one at general motors wants to own up to. The stabilink, and traction light appear on the dash. It looses power and shakes violently. I randomly ask traverse owners if they have the same issues I have, and when explaining to them Whats my issue. They say they are experiencing the same issues. Oh, and our 2014 is leaking from the oil pressure sensor also. 3 or 4 owners say they are going to get rid of this crap car ASAP. Pawn it off on someone else.
Chevrolet, should be ashamed. They are the worst of the worst when it comes to building cars. If or WHEN this car quit I'm done with Chevrolet. Top brass people put a woman on our case and she was of no help. She did everything she could for the corporation not to give us a new truck. There should be recalls on all traverses in America. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I purchased another one, but to my surprise it was the same old crap with general motors
America do not buy any cars, or suv trucks. They don't stand by their product. They are CRAP built.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I feel your pain. I had lots of issues with my 2009 Buick Enclave. When GM was going bankrupt, we wanted to buy American to support American jobs, so we bought a Buick Enclave. It had everything we wanted - except the reliability. I have never, ever spent so much time at a dealership getting things fixed. Luckily during the first 7 years (GM gave me an extended warranty free for all the trouble I had) everything was covered. But after the warranty expired, I had to have the transmission rebuilt, engine computer replaced, etc. and spent well over $8K in one year fixing it to keep it on the road. When the engine computer shorted it out, it left me, my wife, and 3 year old son stranded on the road - I had just enough momentum to roll into a shopping center. It could have ended worse.

So when I needed to replace my wife's sports car, we chose to buy a new Toyota instead. As I said once on this forum, I didn't like my odds with GM. They're fine if you're leasing and do NOT plan on buying the vehicle at the end of the lease. But I'd never own another GM long-term. You save money on lots of discounts up front, but pay for it in time and repairs once the warranty runs out. I still have my Enclave, and enjoy driving it, but worry about what big repair will happen next.

The worse part about all of this as GM markets these SUVs to families, but who wants to put their family in a vehicle that has so many quality problems?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Im surprissed you continued to drive the vehicle while it was leaking enough oil to catch fire...
If I had a leak that significant- I would not drive the vehicle.

Reactions: redvett

·
Registered
386 Posts
Im surprissed you continued to drive the vehicle while it was leaking enough oil to catch fire...
If I had a leak that significant- I would not drive the vehicle.
My thoughts exactly. Blaming GM on a leak that eventually caught fire isn't GM's fault and parts go bad on any vehicle no mater the brand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Loyalty to yourself and your family first - forget loyalty to any company unless they have gone waaayyyyyy above and beyond to earn it. .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts