EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, picked up my white diamond, CXL, Drivers Conf., sunroof, ent. pkg. #3 today. She is beautiful! Actually, this will be my wife's car, but I got to drive it home and surprise her at work. I have noticed one small issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have noticed that the interior lights do not come on when the door is opened or the unlock is pushed on the remote. Am I missing something. I've looked in the manuel and it doesn't say there is an on and off switch for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Also,
I was quoted a great internet price ($37,859) when I ordered on SEPT. 8th. I knew that Buick had raised the price about $500 since. The assistant manager called me into his office and said "we have a big problem, GM went up on the price and there is no way I can sell that "truck" to you for this price". I responded, I know that GM went up about $500, so that's no problem. He insisted that GM went up more than $500. He then quoted me $39,737.00 before the $500 conquest rebate. What was I supposed to do, he made it clear that my Enclave (not truck) could be sold for 1-2k over MSRP. How dare he call her a "truck". I waited over 14 weeks, I wasn't about to let someone else have my vehicle and he knew that. That what I get for going with the gentlemens verbal agreement. At least she's home at last.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Button over light switch (left of steering wheel) that will enable dome light. Congrats on you rwife's new vehicle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That stinks, BUT it is still a great deal!!!! Isn't that about invoice? You would not find that pricing here in NJ too often! I'm glad she is home and you will LOVE driving her! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats on the new car!!

You will love it and you got a GREAT price!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Button over light switch (left of steering wheel) that will enable dome light. Congrats on you rwife's new vehicle.

I've tried this. I notice that if you turn it all the way to the right, it turns on the dome lights inside the vehicle, but once I turn it back left, it will not engage the dome lights when you enter or exit the vehicle. I've pushed the button in and it has no effect either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. It is the semicircle button at the top of that switch. The one below turns the heated wiper fluid on/off. You will get the hang of the new vehicle soon. :banghead:

·
Registered
612 Posts
From the GM Lambda FAQ:

Features and Controls Displays - Dome/map lamp
1. How can I keep the dome lamps turned off when a door is opened?
Your vehicle is equipped with a dome lamp override button. It is used to set the dome lamps to come on automatically or have them remain off when a door is opened.
The dome lamp override button is located next to the exterior lamps control and above the instrument panel brightness control knob. The icon looks like a dome lamp with a slash mark going through it.
Press the dome lamp override button and the dome lamps remain off when a door is opened.
Press the button again to return it to the extended position to have the dome lamps come on when a door is opened.[/color]

http://www.gm.com/vc/lambda/index.jsp

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I feel like the village idiot. The dome lights now works properly. I'm sure I will have many other questions, but I hope they're not as rediculous.

·
Registered
333 Posts
pickle145 said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I feel like the village idiot. The dome lights now works properly. I'm sure I will have many other questions, but I hope they're not as rediculous.
the only dumb question is..... ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Pickle!! congratulations on your delivery! woot woot! :dancing:

Don't feel like the village idiot, we all had "issues" at first. On my first drive home it was night and raining, and I turned on the rear wiper, and being dark and all, I didn't understand the toggle switch for the rear wiper, because I couldn't really see it, so I went almost all the way home trying to figure out how to shut it off! Also took me awhile to locate the side mirror adjustments. (Not smart to try and locate these things while you're driving on the interstate!) (Should have taken more time at the dealer to learn all that stuff before I took off!)

Anyway you'll soon find that everything is really very intelligently put together and user friendly with this car. Enjoy your new baby!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Gee Whiz, Pickle: That's what gives car salesmen bad raps. I ordered mine over internet, then by phone with the internet guy. We arrived at a price and he stuck with it. Didn't even want a deposit. He had been looking for an Enclave for me for months with no success as to features I wanted and finally said you'd better order one. That's the only way you'll get what you want. They were terrific. Small town type dealership in business since 1915. Had to drive 17 miles is all to get to their facility.

Gramma

1 - 11 of 11 Posts