EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was staring at the front of the clave yesterday, and thought how cool it might look to have a chrome mesh lower grille. Just the lower, to go with the stock upper. Too bad they don't make just a lower. :sosad:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
sweetblkclave said:
I love my E&G grill. Photos in the gallery. :thumb:
You know, I appreciate the fact there's an aftermarket alternative these days for pretty much anything an OEM bolts onto a vehicle.

With regard to grills specifically, I freely admit there are some aftermarket examples.....like those wire cross-hatch designs for the Chrysler 300.....that are pretty appealing. And make no mistake, I'm personally not blind to the subject. We owned a first-generation 2005 Honda Pilot; a vehicle whose overall styling pretty much represented the industry's bland, milquetoast opposite of the Pontiac Aztek's Rube Goldberg-like absurdity.

But in particular, I thought the front end.....and the grillwork, in particular.....showed an almost criminal disregard for the word "styling". Talk about something that SCREAMED to be replaced in the aftermarket. To the best of my knowledge, I've only seen it done ONCE on a first-gen Pilot (and, coincidentally, that was only a few weeks ago).

With all that said, I'm honestly mystified as to why anyone would switch out the Enclave's factory grill. Beyond some kind of simple psychological need to be different than the rest, you gotta' tell me why you'd commit to the time (and expense) to replace what I think most consider a key trademark of the Enclave's unique and premium look.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
wvuguy...no reason to be mystified. It is exactly that...the reason to be different and to differentiate your ride from everyone elses. No question that those that have Claves that see sweet's black clave with the nice mesh grill stare and then either say hey, that looks sweet (no pun intended) or they feel good with what they have and see no reason to change. No different really than changing the style of your wheels on your vehicle. It's only an attention getter and a differentiator.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought the mesh grille looked pretty good on the Enclave, then today, driving through Mallett's Bay, I saw a Cadillac CTS with an aftermarket grille...so, I'm thinking my Enclave has enough bling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
azurebuck
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing