EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closest competitor to the Enclave is the Pacifica. It never really succeeded like Chrysler planned, no real match now for the Enclave. It seems that they are getting out of the wagon business, with the Durango/Aspen next on the possible delete list. I guess the new owners of Chrysler feel that you should buy a minivan??

***GO BUICK***

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, they are all station wagons(not a bad thing).
The Pacifica is marketed as a crossover.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the real crossovers, (acadia, outlook, enclave) are bigger than the wagons and cooler than minivans, their perfect.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I guess the new owners of Chrysler feel that you should buy a minivan??
Not a CHRYSLER minivan! Yuck-O.

G

·
when we went to illinois so my mother could try a case there for someone, we got a pacifica for a rental and it was AWFUL, the tranny was worse then the enclave before the update, even though it had the new 4.0 engine, it still had no pick up, the tranny also shifted very roughly, and the electrical was crap. the seats for cloth were hard and it had no 8 way on eather side. the only nice thing was is that the ac worked.

i think chrysler is really hurtin', the new owners are cutting corners all over the place, they had a 5 million dollar law suit because they removed the safty thing where you cant shift with out pushing the brake, well on the minivans and suvs they took that off and 3 kids drowned because they shifted the vehicle out of park and it rolled in to a river. Now the parents probably should nto have left thre toddlers in a car by them selves eather but if they had the brake stopper they would be going tricker treating tommarrow.

now if you need a station wagon, the magnum is preety cool, i mean you can get that 6.1 liter HEMI, 425 hp , but the dodge charger is still cooler, although my father liked the enclave better, we looked at the charger and it was powerful but it had no space and the quality of the interior was awful.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, we had a Pacifica when we were in NC with my inlaws. I concur with Thunder. It was a joke. They picked us up (A family of 4) from the airport for a week trip (4 suitcases, two of which were small kiddo size and the other ones were actually 22in. roller bags, a couple carry-on backpacks and a stroller) and we had to ride with luggage and the stroller in our laps. It was terribly hard to get in and out of...with a center console between the 2nd row buckets/captains. (Which for the life of me, I cannot imagine why anyone wants the promised console in the Enclave unless it is removable.) My father in law said it sucked gas like nothing he had ever driven.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My two cents. I've had my Enclave for about two weeks now, driven about 1,200 miles, so I feel I have a pretty good sense of what the car is all about. It has a unique and, to me, very appealing design. The level of workmanship and luxury in the interior is also first rate. And, that White Diamond TriCoat is unique.

That said, there are some things about the Enclave I think fall short, even when comparing them to my Pacifica experiences. I have leased a 2004, and currently lease a 2006 Pacifica, in addition to having other summer vehicles, and my new Enclave. Our first Pacifica was the perfect answer for us in that it provided good seating space for our two children, while avoiding having to buy a minivan. To me Chrysler knows how to "press" metal, but some of the mechanics of the car fell short. That said, they have been very good to us and I didn't hesitate in leasing our second one in 06'.

Some random thoughts on things I like about the Pacifica vs my Enclave include:

*The dirt cheap lease price: about 40% less than my comparable Enclave lease.
*The sound system of the 5.1 in the Pacifica is way more powerful than the BOSE 5.1 and, more importantly, I can fade the complete system to the rear speakers for my children's DVD and maintain sound quality.
*Sirius Radio; minor point
*Blue tooth Capability
*Free Loaners when car is being serviced, or scheduled maintenance. Buick dropped the ball here.
*Much nicer retractable rear cargo cover, versus the "burlap bag" that costs 45.00
*Heated rear seats; (someone tell my kids this isn't important.)

Of course the Enclave outshines the Pacifica in so many other respects and the refinement of design and mechanics are far superior. I've had no second thoughts about my Enclave purchase and look forward to driving it each day and am trusting it will get me around safely in the winter months to come. But, if it only had some of the things I miss..........Maybe when our 06 Pac lease is up in a year, I can find a new Pacifica for my wife at an even greater savings. But I have no plans (yet) on sharing the giving my wife the Enclave just yet. It's mine for now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How did you fit anything of consequence in your Pacifica? I just wonder....after our riding from the airport with the luggage in our laps, we also went on several day outings like hikes, and could fit a couple backpacks in the car behind the 3rd row. (With all 6 seats occupied..I understand that is not the case for you with two kids.) I could see it working well as a car for two kids if you don't need to use the 3rd row on a regular basis and fold it flat. My inlaws always rent a minivan when we come into town (they should just get an Enclave) and the rental company gave them a Pacifica instead. (The kid at the rental desk insisted it was a 7 seater vehicle.)

It was a pretty car, we had a top trim level with leather seating. It was just so impractical for anything more than 4 people.

G

·
Mama2Girls said:
How did you fit anything of consequence in your Pacifica? I just wonder....after our riding from the airport with the luggage in our laps, we also went on several day outings like hikes, and could fit a couple backpacks in the car behind the 3rd row. (With all 6 seats occupied..I understand that is not the case for you with two kids.) I could see it working well as a car for two kids if you don't need to use the 3rd row on a regular basis and fold it flat. My inlaws always rent a minivan when we come into town (they should just get an Enclave) and the rental company gave them a Pacifica instead. (The kid at the rental desk insisted it was a 7 seater vehicle.)

It was a pretty car, we had a top trim level with leather seating. It was just so impractical for anything more than 4 people.
you got lucky, we got a base model with a cassete player and am/fm radio. and only front ac.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mr4enclave,
"Free loaners when car is being serviced, or scheduled maintenance. Buick dropped the ball here."

***The Enclave is my 4th Buick, and Buick has always provided free loaners.***

???

·
Registered
154 Posts
The dealer I use for maintenance also provides free loaners on warranty related repairs...

G

·
my dealer is one of my dads good friends (who we delt with the second time around, first dealer was an a-hole, so we decided even though he is 3 hours away it is way worth it), he gives me what ever i want, i went to get the oil changed in my yukon, he said were a little backed up and i could leave it here, and i got a hummer h2 as a loner, i had then do some stuff that would take more than a day once i got the hummer :D, now that is not the case with most people, but most dealers here do the same thing, even some of the "only buick dealers" my dads friend can gets chevy, gmc, dodge, hummer, jeep, chrysler, pontiac, saab, buick, and cadillac, now he does not sell them all to regular people but he can pull some strings and get them for us at a very nice price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i got the hummer
I hear when people are actually honest about it, they really don't like the H2. My bro in law drove his Uncle's a lot when he was working for him one summer - he hated it compared to driving the Tahoe. He said his Uncle really doesn't like it either but they had it "wrapped" for advertising and it gets people's attention.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correction to my original post (for what it's worth)
As far as the PT Cruiser is concerned, Chrysler is cancelling the convertible only. The Mexico built sedan will continue for its life cycle, what ever that means.
They are also cancelling the unloved Crossfire, a Mercedes in Chrysler clothing.

To sum things up, Chrysler's only semi-competitor for the Enclave, the Pacifica, will be gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts