10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heading outside to wash the E

Bucket, rags, soft towels to dry with ans of course one step ladder

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't washed my own vehicle in a while usually take it to "soft touch" that way I can view the help as they work. ;) My husband was laughing as I was standing on the ladder washing the hood and roof of the E. Can't reach it any other way. He threatened to take a picture and I threatened him with the thought of a broken arm. >:D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The E looks pretty amazing in the sunshine today. LOL I am patting myself on my back for the amazing job I did. ;D

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I saw some relatives for the holiday weekend that I hadn't seen in several years. One of my cousins drove his 8 week old Porsche Boxster from Massachusetts to New Jersey. After giving me a ride, he asked what I drive. When I pointed to my 3.5 year old and very dirty Enclave, he immediately assumed that it was new. I guess that Gold Mist hides dirt even better than I had realised. He also was impressed, and commented how well reviewed the Enclave is. He also was a bit surprised that I would have purchased such a high priced car. Lol. He drives a new Porsche and think the Buick is expensive. :happy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GoldEnclave said:
I saw some relatives for the holiday weekend that I hadn't seen in several years. One of my cousins drove his 8 week old Porsche Boxster from Massachusetts to New Jersey. After giving me a ride, he asked what I drive. When I pointed to my 3.5 year old and very dirty Enclave, he immediately assumed that it was new. I guess that Gold Mist hides dirt even better than I had realised. He also was impressed, and commented how well reviewed the Enclave is. He also was a bit surprised that I would have purchased such a high priced car. Lol. He drives a new Porsche and think the Buick is expensive. :happy:
:thumb:

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Sailfish said:
Well heading outside to wash the E

Bucket, rags,soft towels to dry with ans of course one step ladder
just go to walmart-- and go to the auto section and buy "The Absorber"
Dry the car with that. Works great. No more towels. I have one for each car.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rbarrios said:
just go to walmart-- and go to the auto section and buy "The Absorber"
Dry the car with that. Works great. No more towels. I have one for each car.
Thanks I will swing by there Wednesday and pick some up I have to head to Indianapolis in the morning. I still have to get the oil for my oil change this week and I am wondering if I will be able to find the PF63 filter anywhere.

LOL oh well at least I will be riding around in a super clean sparkling Enclave! ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just washed my Enclave today by hand. The chrome now is sooooo bright! Beautiful vehicle!

·
Registered
848 Posts
didn't get a chance for pictures, but I polished ours along with a couple coats of wax. Also cleaned the filthy interior. My wife was ribbing me for doing it now when we'll be trashing it in a couple weeks on vacation. I said you better not be trashing it.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOOHOO getting the Enclave cleaned inside and out today. PLUS a good coat of wax.

I decided after the hassle of doing this myself and also not really happy with the last couple time I took it to a local car wash I contacted our friend Julius. He detailed my husband's 350Z a year ago and it looked amazing.

Julius has his own business putting on those clear bra's on the front of vehicles and on the side he does detail work, wash/wax, for his friend.

I just handed over the keys to my Enclave to him and will be so excited to get it back with a good coat of wax on it just in time for winter.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Sailfish said:
WOOHOO getting the Enclave cleaned inside and out today. PLUS a good coat of wax.

I decided after the hassle of doing this myself and also not really happy with the last couple time I took it to a local car wash I contacted our friend Julius. He detailed my husband's 350Z a year ago and it looked amazing.

Julius has his own business putting on those clear bra's on the front of vehicles and on the side he does detail work, wash/wax, for his friend.

I just handed over the keys to my Enclave to him and will be so excited to get it back with a good coat of wax on it just in time for winter.
This is funny timing. Just yesterday we got ours washed, just thru the automatic drive-thru, and today I vacummed it. Not really a detail, but looking much better than before. My brother-in-law usually details our vehicles, once a year. But I was hoping he would do it a few weeks ago when he was off work for a week, said he might, but guess he got too busy visiting the local bars...LOL.

Grimm said:
I need to get ours done soon. Been too hot to work on it this summer.
I agree....I had not even attempted to do anything to it other than a few trips thru the automatic wash. It really needed a good vacuum so today I did that after dropping the kids off at school before it gets hot later today.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW he had the Enclave for 8 hours. It looks AWESOME and the paint....so smooth to touch. I didn't get any photos taken of it because, well, I didn't think of it. ::)

I was chuckling because he said that he didn't remember that we had traded in the Outlook in on the Enclave. He said the Enclave was so quiet and rode and handled very well. Yep I chuckled because his cute little new BMW SUV sat out front of my house all day long.

I do believe in the spring I am going to have him detail the 350Z again before husband starts driving it after being parked this coming winter.

Oh and he was looking at the VUE and he said he was surprised that after 9 years the red on the VUE looks great. Yep...I do try and take care of all of our vehicles, even the one that isn't driven a whole lot.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grimm said:
Man, 8 hours. I'm guessing he must have done a quick polish as well?
He used the clay-bar process on it before putting on two coats of wax. It actually looks better than when I drove it off the dealers lot.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
He used the clay-bar process on it before putting on two coats of wax. It actually looks better than when I drove it off the dealers lot.
Wow! Does the clay bar process work on wrinkled skin and blemishes, too? :happy:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sailfish said:
Yeah, I'm sure dealers don't clay the paint.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GoldEnclave said:
Wow! Does the clay bar process work on wrinkled skin and blemishes, too? :happy:
Hey if it did I would be first in line to purchase it! ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Grimm said:
Yeah, I'm sure dealers don't clay the paint.
A lot of people here use it and swear by it. After seeing how smooth and great the Enclave looks and feels I am sold.

Although dealers won't use it on new vehicles as from what I have heard you still need to have the paint cure some more. Of course that is what I have heard not positive on that part.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=7901.0

1 - 20 of 42 Posts