EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 enclave. Service stability track service traction control and low power. I remove the snorkel and the throttlebody cleaned everything snorkel was full of oil. I did the modification for the PCV with drilling the holes bigger. When I got everything back together and took it for test drive it ran good except when I come to a stop the idol stays at almost 2000 RPM. Do I need to replace the throttlebody

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used tb cleaner, open butterfly manually and spray and soak. Probably the opening of the butterfly is what screwed ur up

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I now have 153,000 on mine. I clean the throttle body at every 5,000 mile oil change.
TB is still working fine.
I always make sure the Keys are NOT in the ignition.
You can move the butterfly all you want- as long as the TB is NOT energized.

Did you have the keys in ignition?

If not, then its possible oil made its way into the area with the stepper motor.
I would disconnect battery and give it a cleaning. I simple- one- where you spay and move the butterfly.
See if it helps.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Was the ignition off or the throttle body connector disconnected when you moved the butterfly? Did it move freely when you cleaned it? Did you take it off completely?
Do the whole procedure again, ignition off. I wonder if you need to to a re-learn procedure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when I clean the throttlebody with it on the vehicle I don’t believe I have the keys in the ignition cleaned everything clean the oil all out and I tried to relearn procedure and still have the high idle. So then I took the throttlebody completely off I am trying to relearn procedure again .Drove it tonight and it went into limp mode again like it did originally before doing the whole cleaning procedure. I’ve completely disconnected the battery positive and negative and will re-try again tomorrow. Any other advice or do I Need to order a new throttlebody. Thank you for the help

·
Registered
396 Posts
I cannot 100% guarantee that a new Throttle Body will solve your issue but I would say it is a step in the right direction. I went through the winter from H**l when the polar vortex hit and my PCV was clogged. My Throttle Body was freezing due to all the moisture in the air intake. One of my other issues was bad Mass Air Flow sensors, I replaced about 4 or 5 of them, along with the TB. After that the truck ran great for a few years before I sold it with 212,000 miles on her. If you replace both and the truck runs great then it was worth the $200 you put into it.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,2008,enclave,3.6l+v6,1438345,fuel+&+air,throttle+body,6472
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,2008,enclave,3.6l+v6,1438345,exhaust+&+emission,mass+air+flow+sensor,5128

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I definitely don’t have a polar vortex thing going on as I live in Florida. I think I will try replacing them out there. Answer and if that doesn’t work we will go with the throttlebody

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I had a battery disconnected overnight reconnected the battery and we learn procedure. It seemed like it was gonna be OK but after a half hour driving came on with the stability track and traction control warnings. Came up with codes for misfire and 2 4 and 6injector codes. I figured that is just from a going into Limp mode. The first time it went into limp mode it was 13 and 5 inch electric current. Is there anything else I should be looking out before I order a mass airflow sensor and a throttlebody. And also when it was in and out of limp mode it would downshift harder than normal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
were you getting a 2,4,6 misfire before before any other issues? The odd cylinders are powered by one fuse and the odds are fired by another. i would suspect something coomon to the evens, loose connection on the load side, loose/ corroded ground.
What is the 13 and 5 inch electric current? I don't know what you mean by that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was 1-3-5 missfire first before cleaning. 2-4-6 after cleaning. I figured that was from reduced power . I thought it dropped 3 cylinders in reduced power

·
Registered
396 Posts
Reduced power is a computer adjustment, I don't think it would generate a misfire code but you never know what software anomalies can occur.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed a new throttlebody and a new mass airflow sensor. Had the battery disconnected then did the relearn procedure. First time having it out had a few hiccups and Idled bit rough a couple of times but then it seem to of cleared up. We will see how it does the next couple of days

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything seems good except for the higher. No engine codes or service engine light. When it’s a neutral idle stays about 1000 RPMs. If you take off down the road take your foot off the gas and shifted into neutral it will only come down to about 1000 RPMs. When it is in gear it seems to idle high until you come to a complete stop

1 - 20 of 40 Posts