EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you have a Bluedriver or similar diagnostic device? Usually the idle is controlled by computer, maybe your cats are not heating up enough for the idle to lower, a sensor is defective or you have a vacuum leak. According to Scotty, you can use WD40 and spray around vacuum hoses to detect leaks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You should have the vacuum actuated motor mount, the hoses down there have been known to give trouble if any work is done there. Check that area for any vacuum leak. Have any mounts been replaced?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I now have 153,000 on mine. I clean the throttle body at every 5,000 mile oil change.
TB is still working fine.
I always make sure the Keys are NOT in the ignition.
You can move the butterfly all you want- as long as the TB is NOT energized.

Did you have the keys in ignition?

If not, then its possible oil made its way into the area with the stepper motor.
I would disconnect battery and give it a cleaning. I simple- one- where you spay and move the butterfly.
See if it helps.
Do you have one of your well written procedures for TB cleaning?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
on newer vehicles-- if the vehicle is rolling down the highway at X miles per hour- and you shift into Neutral--- the RPMs will NOT go down to idle. they remain at a higher RPM- around 900-1000 I believe.
My old 60-70 Chevies- yes- you could pop it into neutral at 60- and the engine would return to idle.

I did indeed notice this on my Traverse.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Just thought about something- and its worth checking.
you have a 2008- and recently where messing around the top of engine.

Go and make sure that this hose- is not cracked- or has a vacuum leak.
On the 2008 Acadias, they dont use it- and its capped off with a rubber cap.
Many owners have done work- and accidently knocked off the cap- and vehicle runs weird.

On the Enclave- its connected to a vacuum assisted motor mount.
So check out the hoses for this to make sure there isnt a little leak somewhere.

see diagram here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I ended up taking the car to an independent mechanic they came highly recommended. He replaced all of the injectors and the wiring harness is for the injectors. I picked the car up and on the way home came back with the misfire and the traction control and stability track messages. When I drove 20 minutes back to the mechanic had no issues. I left the car at the mechanics he drove it today for a half an hour and came up with random misfires. The last I talk to him it was showing a misfire on number two and number six cylinders random. He still has been not able to find what is causing the misfire.any ideas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So the enclave is still at the mechanic. All new injectors new injector wiring harness and a new computer. Now even with the new computer I guess it is showing communication errors with the O2 sensors and some injectors. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just talk to my mechanic. Still doesn’t have the enclave figure it out. He said everything runs good until it’s warmed up to temperature then it starts having issues but not throwing codes. Could this be an issue with the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Finally got the Enclave back. After replacing computer, o2 sensors and a couple coils found bad connections under the fuse box on passenger side of engine compartment.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ouch that must have been a big Bill. After replacing the computer then they found bad fuse block connections? Ouch. Hopefully you will get many more years, of trouble free service from it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well actually I had a great mechanic. First time I had been to this mechanic they came very highly recommended. Originally he replaced the injectors on the wiring harness to the injectors and everything was good until the engine warmed up. He had the car for another two weeks and I don’t know how many hours we had $1000 in parts and he did not charge me for anything because he was upfront and told me that the injectors would fix my problem. So I did pay him $500 for parts and he will be my mechanic from now on

21 - 40 of 40 Posts