EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to pass this by as a trick we use to use in the IT support business. For years I have used a solution of 50%/50% distilled water to 92>97% alcohol mixture and a fine microfiber cloth to clean monitor, tv, and laptop displays. Lightly wet the microfiber cloth with some of the solution, then wipe GENTLY on the screen. Turn the cloth to a dry part and polish the screen. Just don't spray anything on the screen, only use the cloth to apply the wet solution.

This works wonders on cell phone or tablet screens also. Gets all those finger prints and goo completely off.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Henry R :thumb:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
^^^^ :ditto: ^^^^

·
Registered
43 Posts
I buy the wet wipe eye glass cleaner in the packages/box at Wally optical section. I use on my regular eye glasses, phone, computer screen, scopes,....etc. Target, Shopko, K Mart probably has in their optical depts.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
+1 Simple to do, and cleans very well....

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
+2 always have some handy to clean my eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Sailfish said:
+2 always have some handy to clean my eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses.
If you and rocky are +1/+2 'ing teeter's comment regarding the wet eyeglass-wipe pads, you're hardly the only ones who use them. But I myself moved away from them some years ago, being just a bit nervous about the wipe being made of paper.

I was never worried about using them on glass lenses.....in fact, I routinely used those old purple tissue wipes (Sight Savers ??) on my glasses when I was a kid (frankly, when I thought it too much of a PIA to use fluid). But when most every lens went plastic, I bought into the basic notion that paper (wet or dry) was pretty much automatically bad and cloth (though never dry) was much better. So, I started cleaning my plastic optical lenses with purpose-made eyeglass spray wiped with a cotton diaper.

And now that I'm officially dyed-in-the-wool anal, I clean my LCD's and gauge clusters with ammonia-free.....and that is not intended as an editorial on Henry's personal formula recommendation, which may indeed work as well or better.....auto glass cleaner (though sometimes, simple plain water) sprayed onto a MF cloth, which seems to work pretty well for me.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
wvuguy said:
If you and rocky are +1/+2 'ing teeter's comment regarding the wet eyeglass-wipe pads, you're hardly the only ones who use them. But I myself moved away from them some years ago, being just a bit nervous about the wipe being made of paper.

I was never worried about using them on glass lenses.....in fact, I routinely used those old purple tissue wipes (Sight Savers ??) on my glasses when I was a kid (frankly, when I thought it too much of a PIA to use fluid). But when most every lens went plastic, I bought into the basic notion that paper (wet or dry) was pretty much automatically bad and cloth (though never dry) was much better. So, I started cleaning my plastic optical lenses with purpose-made eyeglass spray wiped with a cotton diaper.

And now that I'm officially dyed-in-the-wool anal, I clean my LCD's and gauge clusters with ammonia-free.....and that is not intended as an editorial on Henry's personal formula recommendation, which may indeed work as well or better.....auto glass cleaner (though sometimes, simple plain water) sprayed onto a MF cloth, which seems to work pretty well for me.
I wear glasses most of the time. I do have contacts, usually only when we attend parties or other functions. My glasses prescription are specific for "left eye distance" and "right eye for reading". That way the lens isn't thick as bottle bottoms. I have not had problems with any of my glasses getting scratched up using the cleaning pad/solution.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
teetertotter said:
Long story Short...............Whatever suits your fancy!
Of course, and I honestly was not taking any kind of shot at you personally (and I apologize if you took it that way). However, as I made it a point to mention, I'm anal rather than "fancy" :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
wvuguy said:
Of course, and I honestly was not taking any kind of shot at you personally (and I apologize if you took it that way). However, as I made it a point to mention, I'm anal rather than "fancy" :D
Oh, No.....everyone has their way of doing things or opinions and that is what I meant in general. Not to offend by any means. :thumb: :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts