EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New clave owner here, 2012 cocoa awd leather on 19 9's picked up last Friday . I'm going to mod this car but start with front door tint and clear bra. Getting quotes at $675-700 installed. Seems a touch high since the lower bumper does not take the film. What have you paid or gotten quoted recently?

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
When I got my 09 done 4 years ago, it was right at 500$. That included the lower fascia covered. I wouldn't skimp on it, get the lower piece done as it's a rock magnet.I got my 12 Expedition clad with it the first week of ownership and with the window tint for the front windows came in at 600$

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rexster said:
When I got my 09 done 4 years ago, it was right at 500$. That included the lower fascia covered. I wouldn't skimp on it, get the lower piece done as it's a rock magnet.I got my 12 Expedition clad with it the first week of ownership and with the window tint for the front windows came in at 600$
Thanks, I had assumed that the lower could not be covered since its unpainted.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nope, they can cover anything on the car if you wanted it covered

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Patrick181 said:
New clave owner here, 2012 cocoa awd leather on 19 9's picked up last Friday . I'm going to mod this car but start with front door tint and clear bra. Getting quotes at $675-700 installed. Seems a touch high since the lower bumper does not take the film. What have you paid or gotten quoted recently?

Thanks
As an order of magnitude, those numbers are in the proper ballpark for a major brand (like 3M) and installation from a qualified installer. Some may pay a little more or a little less depending on the specific installer, but you're OK.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Given all of the pebbles and sand on my local roads, I plan to finally get a clear bra to protect my next car. Now, if only I could convince my wife to get a clear bra... ;D

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
TMI!! TMI!! :eek: :happy: :happy:

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
rockyp said:
TMI!! TMI!! :eek: :happy: :happy:
Not really. That's exactly the kind of "information" that I would like to see. ;)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
;D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Patrick181 said:

Thanks

Had a clear bra (AutoBahn) installed on my 2009 for $625. That included the front end and front fender leading edges, about 16" up the front the hood, back side of the mirrors, all 4 door edges and all 4 door handle cup areas. After you negotiate a price, try having them throw in the door edges and door handle cup areas. The door cup areas get trashed from finger nail scratches over time. Ask how far the bra will extend up the hood. I've seen some with minimal coverage of only about 10". I feel mine at 16" provides adequate coverage.

CT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok its going on this Saturday...Wife asked me how much after finding out what I spent on the weathertechs. "Not much hun dont worry about it". When she see the CC statement and kicks me out of the house to sleep in the car, at least I'll have a comfy captains seat and DVD.. :cheers:

Not happy I have to pay uncle sam his taxes now, that money could put some respectable 20"s on it....Maybe this summer...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
C Traz said:
Ask how far the bra will extend up the hood. I've seen some with minimal coverage of only about 10". I feel mine at 16" provides adequate coverage.

CT
I'd be extremely disappointed with only 10" of protection on the leading edge of the hood. Perhaps that's part of the basis for some of these exceptionally low numbers ($350-400) we've occasionally seen for some Clear Bra installations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just priced the clear bra for a 2012 Enclave today at a local shop in Louisville, Ky. They quoted me $875 installed. Seems a little steep so I guess I'll have to pass. This was very disappointing, I really wanted to put it on my new Enclave. :angryfire:

·
Registered
733 Posts
875$ is Wayyyyyy out of line. Shop around. Shouldn't be more than around 600 + or - 25$ or so.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
rexster said:
875$ is Wayyyyyy out of line. Shop around. Shouldn't be more than around 600 + or - 25$ or so.

Agree! :thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I got my King Ranch Expedition done last year which included the lower bumper, bumper, 12" deep on the hood and fender area plus the mirrors and front windows tinted for 600$. On my 09 Enclave I think I paid just over 500$ for the clear bra (lower bumper, upper bumper, 12" deep film on the hood and fenders plus the mirror backs

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm not a fan of partial coverage of the hood. Yes, it does cost more to get it fully-covered, but aside from white, it's noticeable to the eye as it on a top surface, vs. let's say, a partial coverage of the front fender.

Full coverage of just my hood was $500, and I challenge anyone to spot that the hood has been covered. I used a 3M/VentureShield certified installer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Really a waste of money, but if you want the whole hood protected, go for it. You want the clear bra stuff to keep stones, bugs and what have you that get kicked up off the leading edge of the hood, fenders and bumper area. Seldom you will have a stone strike on the hood by the wipers. I'd rather protect the front of the car than just 100% of the hood area

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Which are the best bras: 3M or Victoria's Secret? ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts