EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed yesterday morning a distinct "clunk" feel in the shifter when depressing the brake pedal. I know that it is the "shift interlock" mechanism engaging/disengaging, but I hadn't noticed it before yesterday. Maybe it has always done this, and I just haven't noticed it until now. Just want to make sure something isn't coming loose.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think it may have to do with something relating to the power brakes, or the shift interlock. I can hear and feel the same thing on our SV6.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine does this as I roll out of the driveway after backing out of the garage, so it is when I hit the brake for the first time in Forward. Since it does it every day at the same point and I don't notice it except on start up, I am assuming it's normal....anyway, I sure hope so!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's probably the ABS system running it's test. All ABS systems will do that when you first start the car and move for the first time. You can "feel" it in the brake pedal and sort of hear it too. Every ABS-equipped car I've owned does this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts