EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else is hearing this noise, but when I first get into my Enclave and drive off, within the first minute, I hear a soft clunking noise near my feet. It doesn't last long (maybe 2-3 seconds) and then goes away. And it only happens when I first start driving. I've tried to pay attention each time I get going after I have parked the car, and I'm pretty sure everytime, this noise happens. I have about 500 miles and am wondering if I should bring it in.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum and probably the second most talked about topic (probably second only to tranny issues). There are other causes possible, but 99% chance that this is your ABS initialization test. Usually happens at around 10 mph after every start up. Check the manual and it will describe the noise for you.

Enjoy your beautiful new Enclave.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It has subsided my anxiety. So far, I have loved the vehicle. My wife thinks i'm a little obsessed with it though, so I've got to sneak out to the garage to clean the tires or wipe off little smudges, etc. Otherwise she gets on my case about spending too much time on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts