·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Re: East coast snow storm AGAIN?

Looks like it will head more towards New England, but who knows.
For northern NJ, maybe a few inches (not bad)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I sure hope it misses you.

They are saying we will be having snow flurries off and on for the next few days with little accumulation.

Next week, probably starting Sunday, it is to get really cold around here though.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

The 3-6 inches predicted is a minor nuisance compared to the 2-1/2 feet we had last week.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Well, the recent 25" snowfall in my community cost the condominium association in excess of $20,000 to clean up! This new storm won't be such a budget buster. I sure hope that the 2"-3" prediction for my township for tomorrow is correct. It is predicted to start accumulating around the time of the school bus pickup, so it won't cause a delayed opening, which could have interfered with my ability to get to work on time. Since it will likely stop accumulating in time for school release, it will also not likely trigger an early release, either. Let's keep our fingers crossed since my township is very trigger happy regarding snow days.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Fingers and toes crossed.

Snow flurries started around noon here and we have probably an inch but not expecting more than that tonight. Although flurries are in the forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night.

·
Registered
435 Posts

My youngest son (he's 37) works for Sanitation. He's been working 12 to 16 hours a day since December 26th with no days off, going in at 6 AM. His truck was stuck in the snow (broken chains and abandoned cars) for 9 hours...he could not leave the truck. If he did, he could be fired (for abandoning city property)! That's right; no food, coffee, bathroom, you name it! Anyway, just when he thought he'd get a break, he's still on emergency duty. Here's hoping that this one won't be as bad. Oh, how did he get to work? He walked; about 4 miles each way. Sanitation depots are always out in the boondocks.
Ken

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Wow! That is some serious work, and serious work ethic. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

:thumb: Yes serious work ethics. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

whew glad I left town.....

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Are you guys in NY/NJ going to get any of what is blowing across the southern states?

They are calling for 3-5 inches of snow starting really late tonight through tomorrow evening. Just in time for my friend Kay to take my to my first therapy session tomorrow afternoon. ??? My husband is traveling this week so I had to contact our lawn care service guys to make sure my driveway/walkway are cleared tomorrow afternoon of snow. I can see it now...slipping and breaking my butt. :-\

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

As of Monday 1/10, they are predicting 6-12" or more here in NJ, late Tuesday into Wednesday.
I have the blower gassed up and ready to go....AGAIN!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Yep, 6"-12" is what I am hearing, too. I am not a happy camper. But, at least both of my cars have the benefit of AWD.

BTW Sailfish, I thought that you had already laughed your butt off, so there would be nothing to break there if you were to fall. ;)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

GoldEnclave said:
Yep, 6"-12" is what I am hearing, too. I am not a happy camper. But, at least both of my cars have the benefit of AWD.

BTW Sailfish, I thought that you had already laughed your butt off, so there would be nothing to break there if you were to fall. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Obviously not all of it. ;)

Received a call from my husband earlier, his business trip to Florida has been canceled (poor thing) so I told him instead of Kay having to get out in the snow for me HE can just take off work tomorrow afternoon and haul me there. ;D

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

GoldEnclave said:

:hilarious: Too funny!

Guess I'm liking MI weather more and more. Yes, it's cold, but we've hardly had much snow this season, so far.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

kidsenclave said:
:hilarious: Too funny!

Guess I'm liking MI weather more and more. Yes, it's cold, but we've hardly had much snow this season, so far.

:p I wish lots of snow your way. ;D ;)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

Sailfish said:
:p I wish lots of snow your way. ;D ;)
:happy: Not a big deal now, the holidays are over. We have one day in January we intend on visiting my folks when my sister is in town, but that's just an hour away....chances are we'll dodge weather yet again. Other than that, most all the rest of our travel is local. This is the first year we've been lucky with weather while my brother-in-law was in town, no storms, only had to clear the driveway 3 times during the whole 3 weeks he was here, that's amazing. (and I believe we've only had to a total of 5 times this season, again...unbelievable) Right now we have probably 3 inches, if that, on the grass areas, some leftover on the driveway that hasn't melted, but other than that....pretty low amount. I know they say more is on the way for this season, according to the experts, but we haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Sailfish said:
Are you guys in NY/NJ going to get any of what is blowing across the southern states?

They are calling for 3-5 inches of snow starting really late tonight through tomorrow evening. Just in time for my friend Kay to take my to my first therapy session tomorrow afternoon. ??? My husband is traveling this week so I had to contact our lawn care service guys to make sure my driveway/walkway are cleared tomorrow afternoon of snow. I can see it now...slipping and breaking my butt. :-\
yep I have over 5" on the ground and soon will be enjoying sleet and freezing rain..WTH am I going to be in the middle of every storm this year????????????????????????????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
435 Posts

And the "funny" part of this is that the Weather Channel predicted in October that the Northeast would not get much snow this winter, but a lot of rain because of El Nina. In NYC they're predicting tomorrow, then Saturday/Sunday, then next Wednesday/Thursday. I don't think Skagway, Alaska, is having this much snow!

1 - 20 of 2346 Posts
About this Discussion
2.3K Replies
61 Participants
michigander
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing