EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 2346 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: East coast snow storm AGAIN?

We've been (sort of) lucky up until now; but we're in for a large dumping this time.

Here's the severe winter storm alert issued about 25 minutes ago. . .

* LOCATIONS...MOST OF MASSACHUSETTS EXCEPT NANTUCKET AND
BERKSHIRE COUNTY...NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...RHODE ISLAND AND
HILLSBOROUGH AND CHESHIRE COUNTIES OF SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...WHICH WILL FALL HEAVILY AT TIMES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...12 TO 16 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL LATE TUESDAY NIGHT
AND WEDNESDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TUESDAY
NIGHT AND AT LEAST THROUGH THE DAY WEDNESDAY. VISIBILITIES
WILL BE POOR. COMMUTE ON WEDNESDAY MORNING WILL BE VERY
CHALLENGING.

* WINDS...NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE AT TIMES.

So, both snowblowers are gassed up and ready to rock and roll!

. . Falcon

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

The latest NYC area forecast is 12-20".

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

MRBUICK said:
The latest NYC area forecast is 12-20".
WHAT you have got to be joking!

It is just starting to snow here and we are now expecting 4-6 inches by this evening. My neighbor Kay down the street has bailed on taking me to my first therapy class because her husband has to use her car today. Guess his little Mercedes Benz 2 seater doesn't like the snow. Poor baby.... That is why we purchased the Outlook because the 350Z doesn't like snow and he uses the VUE in the winter. So I just told my husband on his way out the door to work that he has to come home to take me to my 2pm appointment.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

the notheast is getting the storm we just had down here and the storm coming for the Midwest at the same time...good luck with that

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

The 2 merging storms are what supposedly bumped up the snow total predictions.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

The long range seasonal forecast that I heard from ? toward the end of last summer was for a cold winter with frequent snowstorms in the Northeast. So far ? is correct, unfortunately. I think that ? is the National Weather Service; I think. ???

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

It's all a guessing game. This morning they said it would track slightly west, which would bring 12-20" here.
Now they say it may go a little east, which means 8-12" here, and 12-24" for Connecticut.
Who the **** knows? ???

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

I'm feeling guilty here. We are getting snow, but just started around 1pm, and we have about an inch, inch and a half....but still coming down. Again, this is NOTHING compared to the rest of the U.S., I just can't believe the news reports...it's just not fair for those out there getting dumped on again and again. The only thing we have bad here in MI is the local economy, other than that...we just don't get the huge weather disasters. People around here complain all the time about how gloomy the winters are...well, they have nothing to complain about. I'll take all the cloudy days, over huge snow dumpings, mud slides, floods, winds, hurricanes, etc.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

MRBUICK said:
It's all a guessing game. This morning they said it would track slightly west, which would bring 12-20" here.
Now they say it may go a little east, which means 8-12" here, and 12-24" for Connecticut.
Who the **** knows? ???
I am impressed enough that the forecast for this storm was available well in advance. The details were vague initially, but weather.com predicted tonight's snowfall seven days ago. That's impressive! It also allowed me to plan ahead regarding some errands. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

look at the bright side where I am they they have closed schools until Thursday ..all we got was 5" of snow and about 1/10"of ice

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

My thirteen year old son has been eagerly anticipating the first no school day due to bad weather since Thanksgiving. :)

He LOVES school and is a high honors student; but, he says there's just something 'so cool' about getting a day off because of snow and ice.

So, he will get to use the Toro paddle-type snowblower tomorrow and help dad clear the walkways, 100' driveway, aroung the mailbox area, and around the fire hydrant at the corner of our property.

He said, "If if gets REALLY bad, maybe I'll have to help you hook up the generator!"

Plus, mom will be working from home instead of commuting; so, I'll have two people here tomorrow as snow removal helpers. Since everyone has assigned tasks for these events, we don't get in each others way which reduces the 'danger' factor, and it takes MUCH less time working as a team as opposed to doing it alone.

Come inside afterward for a nice hot shower, then some hot coffee or cocoa, play a board game or video game, watch a movie, read a book, surf the net, etc.

. . Falcon

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

Here in NJ, we were spared the worst of it.....about 8" in Union County.
However........in Connecticut up to 20"

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

I think we have close to 4" of new snow. LOL here are my boys chomping down on some fresh snow.

I hope you guys who get all that snow at least are able to not get stuck and stay warm and dry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

Nice dogs, are they Shelties?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

MRBUICK said:
Nice dogs, are they Shelties?
Yes they are. The one to the front, the shorter one, is Jake and the one to the back, the taller one, is Elwood. LOL we have our own personal "Blues Brothers". They love snow! Heck the other Shelties we had, Mikey and Sophie they loved snow as well. Although they would eat and eat and eat and start shivering and then demand to be left in. All the while I just chuckle at them racing around in the back yard. I have a photo somewhere from their first winter with us, my husband actually shoveled walkways in the yard for them because the snow was so deep and they were around 6-7 months when we had a deep snow.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

My brother has had Shelties for years.
We have a Cocker Spaniel.........named Joe Cocker ;D and he loves the snow as well. Three years old and still acts like a puppy!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

MRBUICK said:
My brother has had Shelties for years.
We have a Cocker Spaniel.........named Joe Cocker ;D and he loves the snow as well. Three years old and still acts like a puppy!
Ours were three this past July and they are a handful. Right now they are in the breakfast room lying on the floor staring through the gate at me sitting here in the living room. I have to be careful with them because of my shoulder they are still so rambunctious. I do spend time with them daily but yesterday Elwood, he is a good size boy, as soon as I sat on the sofa he jumped right next to me and I just about freaked because he bumped my right arm.

So anyway are you snowed in? They closed WPAFB yesterday at noon here but today open for business as usual and husband is off to work.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

NOT snowed in, I am here at work. The roads were cleared early and there is very little traffic.
My wife's NJ Transit bus to NYC was even on time....go figure?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

MRBUICK said:
NOT snowed in, I am here at work. The roads were cleared early and there is very little traffic.
My wife's NJ Transit bus to NYC was even on time....go figure?
:thumb: That is great.

OH and PS: Love your dogs name...LOL...cute.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

He was a "rescue" and that is the name he came with.
It's funny, maybe fate, how we came to get Joe.....with previous Cockers I kidded my wife that we should have named them JOE.....and lo and behold......MRSBUICK spots our "JOE" on an internet dog adoption site. He is a real joy and is very kind and gentle. We are grateful to have found him. He was around 1 year old when adopted.

21 - 40 of 2346 Posts
About this Discussion
2.3K Replies
61 Participants
michigander
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing