EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 60 of 2346 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: East coast snow storm AGAIN?

I like rescue's. I am involved with a local humane society and two of my BFF's have rescue dogs.

Our other dogs were older when we got them but Jake and Elwood were not. Husband wanted a puppy, notice singular, so I researched and found a breeder three hours from where we live. Called and asked if they had a boy and we drive up the next day. LOL I was taken by Jake and husband by Elwood and....could not decide which one so...we have two. Had to leave them there for a couple weeks and I sent an email to all my friends asking for "pairs" names. Jake and Elwood were one of the five sets we liked. I resent the email with the five picks and the rest is history.

I am right now trying to convince my husband that we need to adopt an older Sheltie to join the boys and...having a really tough time. Who knows I may just surprise him when he is out of town one of these days. I did that with another dog we had a Norweigen Elkhound and my husband said the other day, the 7 years we had "Elkie" I always was going to find her a home. I told him I did it is just that I didn't tell him I had.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Getting back to the storm, luckily my area of NJ got only about 8" also. The office opened late to allow for the roads and parking lots to be cleared. The plan worked well, and everyone got to work safely and without fuss by noon. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

GoldEnclave said:
Getting back to the storm, luckily my area of NJ got only about 8" also. The office opened late to allow for the roads and parking lots to be cleared. The plan worked well, and everyone got to work safely and without fuss by noon. :thumb:
You are right, this thread was going to the dogs ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

MRBUICK said:
You are right, this thread was going to the dogs ;D

Darn I always get sideways.

8" of snow much better than other areas. We are still having flurries around here and the wind is drifting and making roads treacherous.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

GoldEnclave said:
Sailfish, you tend to get sideways, hmmm... :happy:

:eek: :p ;)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

Still some flurries to hit here now til 2AM; but we only got 18".

Of course the deck at the rear of the house has drifted snow up that easily buried my yardstick. THAT is really going to suck to shovel off.

Oh well, I guess I replace an hour on the treadmill tomorrow with an hour of shoveling (with several rest breaks).

. . Falcon

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

FalconEddy said:
Still some flurries to hit here now til 2AM; but we only got 18".

Of course the deck at the rear of the house has drifted snow up that easily buried my yardstick. THAT is really going to suck to shovel off.

Oh well, I guess I replace an hour on the treadmill tomorrow with an hour of shoveling (with several rest breaks).

. . Falcon
Definitely be careful shoveling that snow.

The forecast for us is snow showers every day until next Thursday. WHAT THE HECK! I am TIRED already of this stuff and we haven't had nearly what most of you have.

Stay warm stay safe and have fun.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

I am also VERY tired of winter already due to the unusually cold an snowy weather. It helps when I daydream about my cruise ship vacations. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts

about 12" on LI here... I'm tired of it already. I hate that the Enclave doesn't stay clean for long once it hits the roads... How far away is April?? ???

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

This is the 4th winter for my Enclave, but the FIRST time it has seen snow.
It has led a sheltered life until now.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

The AWD drivetrain of my Enclave has been well tested in the snow, ice, and rain. I am very satisfied with its performance, and am really glad that I opted for AWD. I will never get a non-AWD vehicle again, if it is an option. BTW, the paint finish has held up remarkably well given the abuse that it's taken in the last three plus years that I've abused owned my Enclave.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Always AWD! :thumb:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

GoldEnclave said:
Outlook, never! :sosad:

:banghead: :facepalm: OKAY OKAY not Outlook but still will ALWAYS drive a lambda AWD! :thumb: ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

The way the NJ winter weather has been the past few years, I would like to see an option for a front fender sand spreader to give extra grip on icy roads. ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Now that is a great idea. Heck how about trying to hook up the "grass seed" spreader some how on the front. You know what most people have for seeding their yards? :-\

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

This reply was made on the Acadia forum and I thought it fit here

"Everybody overreacts to snow ! We have winter every year and for some reason snow still seems to cause mass panic and chaos. Make sure that your car has good tread wear and just go out and drive. No need to make this out to be any more than it is. It has been snowing since the beginning of time...what is so suprising about it.

Please pardon my rant but the media circus over the snow is making me"

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

AA/78U said:

"Everybody overreacts to snow ! We have winter every year and for some reason snow still seems to cause mass panic and chaos. Make sure that your car has good tread wear and just go out and drive. No need to make this out to be any more than it is. It has been snowing since the beginning of time...what is so suprising about it.

I agree with this to a degree. However, I have had trouble navigating to work at the insistence of my employer in the past. I was driving a newish Subaru Outback at the time, and it had trouble keeping a straight line at low speed. I turned around, and phoned my boss to inform him that I would NOT be in to work. Additionally, it still is a big deal because I do not want someone else's out of control vehicle slamming into mine. Snow events are manageable, but they are far from a simple "go out and drive" situation. :-\

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

AA/78U said:

:clap: :ditto: When there's nothing else in the news, they talk about snow, weather, etc. I have to say, this year seems to be worse than others, but still...agree that it comes every year, not much surprise here. I do seem to remember that the first year we were in our house, 2000, there was much more snow than we've had since. I didn't have a snowblower that year, and quickly got one...since then I've used it a lot, but not as much as I needed it the first year here. That day, I remember not going to work...got my Grand Am stuck in my street, barely got it back in the driveway, then I just gave up....that car was low to the ground, and had those low profile tires....no way I was driving to work. They didn't plow our street till 4pm that afternoon. Again, this was in 2000 and I don't recall it being that bad since.

41 - 60 of 2346 Posts
About this Discussion
2.3K Replies
61 Participants
michigander
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing