EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Sort of a funny story, maybe it will help to relieve the tension from all the transmission conversations....

We stopped at the original and best known cheesteak place in Philly today, Pat's Steaks, and got a couple of provies wit (that's a provolone cheesesteak with(wit) fried onions for the uninitiated) for my wife and I and a hot dog and hot cocoa for my son. The cocoa was too hot so we opened the sunroof and stuck it on top while we sat in the car and ate (Pat's is basically a kiosk and has only picnic table seating outside). Well, the wind was blowing stronger than we thought so the cocoa blew off of the roof and all over the windshield and hood of the car :-\. My son thought that was hilarious :clap: until he realized that he didn't have a hot chocolate :'(.

Surprisingly enough the heated washer fluid took it off of the windshield rather easily but there is still a faint smell of cocoa in the cabin, I consider that a feature!!

I walked back over to Pat's and grabbed another cocoa (with an ice-cube) for him and a 2nd provie wit for me ;D!

I have a picture, sorry I didn't get one of the unwrapped sandwich but I was too hungry! Yeah, those are cheese fries too... If you're in Philly don't forget the cheesesteaks!! Let's not start the Pat's versus Gino's steaks debate, they're all great!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
OMG. Food in the Enclave? Some members are going to freak out over this.

Sounds good though. I need to go eat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hah! It's been SO long since I've been down there...not that I'd eat anything, but still.

Perfect combo of drink and car...at least it didn't spill IN the car. Then you'd really have a cocoa aura, and also a nice mess to scrub.

·
Registered
405 Posts
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm! And in the warmer weather you hafta get a water ice to go with it!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
:happy: Funny story. I really thought you were going to say that the cocoa poured in through the sunroof.

No fair posting pics of food items on the forum. Especially yummy things like cheesesteak. :help:

kay?
thanksbye

·
Registered
260 Posts
Now I'm hungry!!!

Good thing it didn't fall in the car. It would have been funny down the road, but not when you're stuck cleaning it up!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
axiama said:
:happy: Funny story. I really thought you were going to say that the cocoa poured in through the sunroof.

No fair posting pics of food items on the forum. Especially yummy things like cheesesteak. :help:

kay?
thanksbye
Thankfully it was freezing out so we *did* shut the sunroof, otherwise it wouldn't have been funny at all :-[, especially on the cashmere interior!

The picture was actually for my brother who now lives in Ohio, just a little sibling chop-busting, he and I spent a bit of time at Pat's at 3Am in our much younger years...

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
What is it about cheese fries at 3AM? There's just nothing better. :cheers:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
axiama said:
What is it about cheese fries at 3AM? There's just nothing better. :cheers:
There is SITBS but us "Senior" Buick members don't do those things, my wife and I have a bed now!

Although, if I ever get to be a "Hero" member...... >:D

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Hey, Valentine's Day is on Thursday. Maybe that thread will get going again later this week. ::)

Disclaimer for the guys: This is sarcasm. It is not recommended that you approach your SO with an offer of SITBS on Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
axiama said:
Hey, Valentine's Day is on Thursday. Maybe that thread will get going again later this week. ::)

Disclaimer for the guys: This is sarcasm. It is not recommended that you approach your SO with an offer of SITBS on Valentine's Day.
That is what we do on the day AFTER Valentines Day? It only seems fair, correct? ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts