EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're preparing to order ourselves an Enclave and are debating between Cocoa and the Platinum Metallic. We like both colors but are wondering how these colors show/hide dirt and dings. We assume the Platinum doesn't show as much as the Cocoa but aren't sure ...

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cocoa shows dirt and road salt residue but not as much as white or black in my opinion. I would think the Platinum would hide road salt residue a little better, but your deciding factor may be the interior color that you prefer. I would think Platinum would look good with titanium and Cocoa is cashmere...so what interior do you prefer?

·
Registered
94 Posts
These are the two colors my wife and I were looking at. We ordered the platinum and changed to the cocoa after about a week. We wanted a color that, like you, would not show a lot of dirt. However, every vehicle today comes in some sort of gray, silver or platinum. Even though cocoa is the most popular color for the enclave, platinum vehicles are all over the place. Cocoa stands out more and lets the Enclave stand out more. Cocoa also allows the chrome accents to pop a lot more. The platinum and chrome accents kind of blend in together. You can't go wrong with either color but we chose the cocoa. We went with the ebony interior with the cocoa which not a lot people have but looks really nice. Again, the ebony interior allows the chrome on the inside to pop a bit more and dirt doesn't show as easily.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
smokeyy said:
every vehicle today comes in some sort of gray, silver or platinum. Even though cocoa is the most popular color for the enclave, platinum vehicles are all over the place. Cocoa stands out more and lets the Enclave stand out more. Cocoa also allows the chrome accents to pop a lot more.
:ditto:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately you could not be more wrong. My wife got the cocoa and I have a Blue Gold and her car always looks much dirtier than mine. The cocoa looks nice, but it is so dark it is almost like having a black car and we know how easily the dirt shows up on black. Cocoa does look nice when it is clean, but I prefer my Blue Gold and get a lot of compliments on the color. Most people say I like the color, what color is it exactly? This car changes about 3 different colors depending onthe sunlight and weather. Photos being posted today with the 22" rims for those that are interested. We both went with ebony interior do to having young kids.

·
Registered
94 Posts
noneb4god,

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you...which on this board can lead to a fight! While cocoa isn't as good as tan at hiding dirt it is nowhere near black either as you stated. It is somewhere between the two. The question that was asked was not of any other color. It was between platinum and cocoa...that's it. Now if the original post asked about blue gold, I would have given my opinion of blue gold...if I had one. I simply responded to the question because platinum and cocoa were the two colors my wife and I were deciding between. While I think the Enclave looks beautiful in all the available colors...I stuck to answering the question that was asked. Therefore, you are wrong because your answer was not an option. The subject here is Cocoa vs. Platinum Metallic not Cocoa vs. Blue gold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
*Enclave* said:
And if being different matters to you, the Cocoa seems to be more popular than the Platinum, at least in the forum poll:
Ahh, yes. I wish I'd realized that one before I bought my cocoa. Of the few other enclaves I've seen in town, they are normally cocoa. ::) Having a unique vehicle is very important to me (part of the reason I ditched my XC90--- TOO MANY of them). But I'm not sure knowing about cocoa's popularity would've actually changed my mind. I'm not a fan at all of the two-tone look, which for me ruled out just about every other color. Compared with the platinum, the cocoa does a much better job of appearing all one color.

But like the popularity issue, I don't know if that's important to you.

As far as keeping a clean look, I live where there is snow and of course salt on the roads and I don't think cocoa does a bad job at hiding the salt. I washed it earlier in the week and even though there's salt on the roads, as i left work friday night (albeit it was dark by then), i was amazed with how it seemed to sparkle underneath the parking lot lights--- chrome and all. It was stunning to look at.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Choice of color is definitely a personal preference thing. I'm sure there are as many preferences as there are colors. I have the Platinum with Ebony interior, and I must say the Platinum does hide the dirt a little better than a dark color, and the Ebony interior shows the dirt and dust a little more than the lighter interiors. I chose my color scheme because it's pleasing to my eye, and that's what's important. Buy what you find to be the most pleasing to you and you'll be happy with it. Once you start driving your new Enclave there's so much to like about the experience color won't seem nearly as important. As for showing dirt, that's why we have a hose and a bucket! ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just traded a black cadillac SRX for the cocoa metallic Enclave and in my opinion, not having a garage, the cocoa is far superior in hiding dirt. I've had the Clave for three and a half weeks,
have not washed it and it looks like it came from the showroom. I will admit that Florida weather has a lot to do with the condition.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
smokeyy said:
While cocoa isn't as good as tan at hiding dirt it is nowhere near black either as you stated. It is somewhere between the two.
I agree 100%. We have Cocoa and while it does start to look dirty after it snows or get sloppy wet, I think it is nowhere near as bad as a black vehicle. I do not regret the color choice at all. If you are the type of person who obsessively washes their vehicles if there is a spec of dirt on them, then the Cocoa may be too dark for you. If not, I do not think you'd be disappointed in the color.

Good luck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Back vehicles are beautiful when they are clean....all of 5 minutes!

I had a black Lincoln Town Car that I could wash & wax to perfection. Put it in the garage and when I would get in it the next morning, it would be white from dust.

As far as not showing dirt and junk, I think the lighter colors do better.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We got the Platinum Metallic and I am glad we did. I see alot more Cocoa's on the road than I do Platinum ones. I really wouldnt want one that majority of the population is ordering. It is likely due to all their advertisement material using the Cocoa, so people see that and want that color. The platinum does hide dirt and salt well if you are in the cold climate regions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Once you start driving your new Enclave there's so much to like about the experience color won't seem nearly as important.
This is sooo true! You don't get to see the exterior too much when you are driving, so make sure you get an interior color that you want!

AND once last word of advice: if you can check out ALL the colors IN PERSON you just might be surprised... The Gold Mist (that I thought would be totally boring) looks GORGEOUS! That Blue Gold is an incredible color that changes (to about 3 different colors) ALL the time and it changes dramatically with platinum silver being one of the changes. And the White diamond is beautiful of course, but the white Opal has a clean line with great appeal (and I am not a big white fan).

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well Smokey[/color] the Bear,

I would definitely not say I was wrong becasue I deviated from the second color choice by staing Blue Gold. The point is that Blue Gold is a lot lighter than Cocoa and close to the Platinum color. I was merely stating that the lighter color does a better job at hiding the dirt. As far as starting a fight, it's not that serious.... From what I can tell plenty of people get off topic on the board. For example I've seen topics that were started about running boards and then people are talking about the interior. We will see if you stick to the topic for every response you post on this site.

For jacko[/color] who stated the light interior shows less dust than Ebony I couldn't agree more. While we had a cashmere color in our Lexus with little kids we thought the ebony would be much better. I think I may have been wrong, because it does show a lot of dust and dirt compared to the cashmere. Oh well, live and learn. I still like the look of the Ebony interior but will put more thought into it with my next vehicle.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is why there are so many colors to choose from that are so different from each other. We all have our own preferences.

I ordered the Blue-Gold without ever seeing the actual color and when it arrived it looked so different than I expected. It was darker than pictures I'd seen. I am still getting used to it. I had to choose between Platinum Metallic and the blue-gold, so you know I love Platinum. After seeing, in person, the gold mist and the two white colors, I realize I would have had a hardtime choosing my color if I'd seen them before ordering.

But, one thing for certain is the Ebony interior. That is what propelled any exterior color choice. My last car had dark blue interior which I loved. My eyes are extremely sensitive to glare and black was the only choice for me as it seems to cut down on the glare or light being reflected back into my eyes. Thankfully, the dash finish is very dull with no shine.

I had the chance to purchase Cocoa or Red Jewel Tintcoat or Platinum with titanium interior and I passed.

I have always liked light color cars, one for safety and two for ease in keeping clean. My Blue-Gold is the darkest color I've owned in 10 years. I keep trying to talk TechnoMarvel into buying a White Diamond, but no luck so far. It appears it will be a Caddy for TM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts