1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0100 and P0113.

Just an FYI.

These came up as Pending Codes...
They did not set a Check engine light...

But these were my fault....

Today I changed the oil/filter.
I also cleaned the throttle body and a small amt of oil from the factory catch 'can'
When I was done I started the car- and on the dash I got the message that said Traction Control was OFF and the TC light was on the dash....
I immediately realized my mistake... I forgot to plug in the connector shown below- my 3 yr old was 'helping' by hanging around.

I shut off engine. Plugged in the connector-
Grabbed my laptop and scanned for codes. The pending codes were set.
I cleared the codes.
Restarted the vehicle- let it run for a few min and rescanned. No more codes.

info on the codes..

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0100

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0113

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Potential History DTCs after Servicing a Vehicle
April 26, 2012
When servicing a vehicle, any control module that wakes up with a circuit disconnected may set a current DTC, which will go into history once the circuit is reconnected. This condition is related to how the vehicle power mode works with different control modules with the key On vs. the key Off. These DTCs often are set inadvertently by waking a control module when opening a door and will not clear until the proper self-test has been completed, which depends on operating conditions being met.

Here’s an example of how a history DTC could be set on 2010-2013 vehicles that require the GDS 2 scan tool for vehicle communication (2010-2012 LaCrosse; 2011-2012 Regal; 2012 Verano; 2010-2012 SRX; 2010-2012 Camaro, Equinox; 2011-2012 Cruze, Volt; 2012 Sonic; 2013 Malibu, and 2010-2012 Terrain). A history DTC P0113 (Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage) may be stored immediately after vehicle service if the Engine Control Module (ECM) wakes up (activates) while a 5-volt reference sensor is unplugged and the ignition is Off.

If a technician were to leave the Intake Air Temperature/Mass Air Flow (IAT/MAF) sensor disconnected and open the driver’s door with the battery connected, ignition Off, and the ECM “asleep,” the Body Control Module (BCM) would wake up the ECM, causing the ECM to sense the open IAT sensor and set a current DTC P0113. After the IAT sensor is reconnected, the DTC status will clear as a current DTC, but it will still be in stored in history.

This is just one example. There are others that may occur when other sensors are disconnected and a control module wakes up.

If this condition occurs during unrelated vehicle repairs, do not replace any parts. Simply clear the DTCs and ensure that they do not reset.

If current DTCs are stored, this information does not apply and the appropriate Service Information diagnostics should be followed.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
:notworthy: :notworthy: Could you please move to MI so I could have you monitor all this on my vehicle(s)? ;) Once again, your knowledge and photo descriptions amaze me. I just have one question....this had happened to mine when getting the oil changed, they forgot to plug that in, and I got the same message. Why in the world would the traction control on/off be determined by that sensor's location? I understand the MAF sensor, but the rest is hard to understand. Also, we wonder why our vehicles cost so much...well this is only ONE description of what happens in the electrical system (sleep, awake, etc.). It's all a mystery to me.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
It was just so much easier when all you had to do was change the oil every 1,000 miles and the oil filter every 5,000 miles. No unleaded gas, PCV valves, and so on. When the tires wore out you could get them re-capped. Oh well, I guess this is progress.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: Re: Code P0100 and P0113

Thanks, rbarrios. I went to the source where your information came from and it led me to a lot of good information on acdelcotechconnect.com. That website looks very informative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts