EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this out here in the hopes that if I ever get it resolved, I'll add what the repair was and hopefully it will help someone else:

So I've got the Enclave in for service for the ??? time on this issue... Glad I'm still (barely) under the bumper to bumper warranty.

About a year ago, I had a check engine light come on, turned off a few miles later, dealer couldn't find code in history, no action taken. (may have been unrelated). Ever since then, I've had sporadic check engine lights that I let them know about at oil changes. Dealer can never find any codes or reproduce.
1/9/17 – In town driving, Check Engine light. No other lights. Dealer can't find code, can't reproduce
2/10/17 – Highway Driving, Check Engine light. First time with “Traction Control Off” message, but no Reduced engine power or Service Stabilitrack. Dealer can't find code, can't reproduce
2/16/17 - In town driving, Check Engine light. No other lights. Dealer says don’t bother bringing in after check engine light had cleared. Nothing they can do.
3/18/17 - In town driving, Check engine light, Service Stabilitrack, Traction Control Off, Reduced Engine Power. Noticeable performance issue. Pulled over, Turned off Car, Restarted… All lights except check engine cleared, performance normal. Brought back to dealer, can't find code, can't reproduce. Dealer performed some checks but no repairs of note.
4/11/17 – Issue occurs in rush hour traffic on way to work and again on way home. Limped the car into the dealer on the way home without turning off and finally got a read on an error code P1682. Dealer works with GM and replaces ignition Fuse Box.
4/21/17 – New issue. On the first day after I got the car back from the last repair. Pulled up to stop sign and when I went to move forward, nothing happened, no acceleration. No Service Lights, but did get check engine light. Dealer took vehicle for several days and was able to reproduce once. Cleaned throttle bore and cleared idle memory.
5/1/17 - Check engine light, Service Stabilitrack, Traction Control Off, Reduced Engine Power issue is back. Highway Rush hour Driving. This time got flickering of instrument panel as well. Code P1682 is in history (from before or now, who knows). Dealer has the vehicle today, we’ll see what happens…

This is honestly miserable. I'm afraid to let my wife drive the car so I can take her car in for service. It's happened twice in the express lanes of the highway with no shoulder to pull off onto in order to re-set the car. I'm barely over 3 years old on a car with under 50,000 miles. The worst part is that there seem to be so many causes for these symptoms that they don't even know where to start to address it. I sent the dealer a bulletin I found 07-06-04-019E related to an issue with water intrusion shorting the instrument panel based on the flickering dash when it happened Monday. Maybe water got into the ignition as well, triggering the P1682. Will post back with updates...

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
:banghead: Sorry to hear all that. It is definately not dafe to go from 70 to 45 crawl mode on the highway and have some barrelling down on you. Keep us posted what they dig up on this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi there,

did you get this resolved somehow? i'm having the same issue - car will just not start... pulled out 4 thick connectors under the hood, plug them back - all sorts of messages: Check engine light, Service Stabilitrack, Traction Control Off, Reduced Engine Power; turned off ignition, sat in the driveway for ~3 min, started fine. had unresponsive/flickering dash - tailgate did not work either, which i find odd, and not sure if that is related. back up now, and crap load of codes including P1682.

in my personal opinion - this issue related to some electrical wiring, or broken connection.

so, has your car been fixed, and you know what it was exactly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a factory repair bulletin for replacing the underhood fuse block and terminal 51 in the X3 connector. I wonder if this was the repair that corrected your concerns?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve found the two screws that hold the main fuse to the base get a little loose. Tightening them takes care of the issue. Pop the cover off and they are right there. A 3/8 socket works good though you can use a phillips screw driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts