EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 buick enclave cxl and has been a great car. Now I'm starting to have some problems and need help with how to fix it without spending thousands of dollars on it. It threw 2 codes at me the other day when I was driving and my car would only go 20 mph. The check engine light came on as well as it flashing something about the stabilitrak.I have googled on how to fix this and I have taken it to several mechanics who won't touch it because of the kind of car it is. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do. I'm to scared to drive it the way it is. I have kids that need to go places and this is my only transportation.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
what are he codes?
Unfortunately Stabilitrack message can pop up for MANY issues. We cant pinpoint a fix because of the huge # of possible causes. Not sure why GM did this. But some problems- cause that Stabilitrack message to pop up-- but theyre not even related.

Post the codes-- that way folks can give suggestions.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
804 Posts
If the mechanics didn't scan the codes, most Autozone, and Advance Auto Parts will scan for codes and tell you what they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are he codes?
Unfortunately Stabilitrack message can pop up for MANY issues. We cant pinpoint a fix because of the huge # of possible causes. Not sure why GM did this. But some problems- cause that Stabilitrack message to pop up-- but theyre not even related.

Post the codes-- that way folks can give suggestions.
The codes that are popping up are P2135 and P1516

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
both of those codes point to the Throttle body.
Has anyone cleaned it? May be extremely dirty and the plate is having an issue moving smoothly.

It may be as simple as spraying and cleaning it. Try this 1st.
Can of Throttle body cleaner is about $5.
Im wondering if a mechanic/or someone left keys in- and moved the throttle plate by hand? this can damage the throttle body.
ALways leave the key OUT of ignition when cleaning the TB.

here are post of someone with the same codes... cleaned it- and all good.

Reactions: JayS

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
heres a how to....

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
by the way, I clean my TB at every oil change (5,000 miles)
I do the simple method- spray the sides of the plate- where it moves.
163,000 miles. No throttle body issues.
Same with my 2013 Equinox. it will hit 100,000 today.
My CRC can of TB cleaner- Ive had since 2018- i can enough to clean TB many times.

by the way-- WalMart sells a twin pack. 2 small bottles, 1 is throttle body cleaner, The other is MAF sensor cleaner. About $8.
Chances are no ones ever cleaned your MAF sensor.
Clean both- and you may be on your merry way...

some info from manufacturer.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
since I have a 2010 (my how to is for the DI engines), this video is closer to your engine.. non Direct injection,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2008 buick enclave cxl and has been a great car. Now I'm starting to have some problems and need help with how to fix it without spending thousands of dollars on it. It threw 2 codes at me the other day when I was driving and my car would only go 20 mph. The check engine light came on as well as it flashing something about the stabilitrak.I have googled on how to fix this and I have taken it to several mechanics who won't touch it because of the kind of car it is. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do. I'm to scared to drive it the way it is. I have kids that need to go places and this is my only transportation.
Thank you. I will try that and see what happens

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue with taking it to mechanic and it was just one issue after another. Even called deal no help. I ended getting rid of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts