EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to look for a answer to my question with no results.

I have a 2009 buick enclave I have replaced the 3 back and 2 of the front coil packs. Now it is back in the shop they are telling me 2 of the coil packs in the front are out. What causes coil packs to go out? I am trying to decide do I need to keep this truck. I can't afford $1000 worth of work every 2 to 3 months.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
the 2009s have problematic Bosch coils.

have you installed up-dated part coils?
or did you buy new old stock on those bosch coils?

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
Make sure you use Delco or Denso coils
Jersey--do you know if Denso now makes coils for the 09s?

For others info--- 09s used Bosch-
in 2010 they went to Denso. (and lots less problems).

·
Registered
448 Posts
rbarrios said:

Just had a replacement coil go on my 2009 that I replaced at 68k and now went bad at 150k. Was on a long weekend trip with five others and the dog. Drove it 800 miles with a real bad miss on # 3 and now I did in my bank one catalytic converter. Debating doing it my self with two new oxygen sensors. It runs ok, but I can't clear the check engine light and it might be using a bit more fuel. It looks like a real pain to change though. I could do it for about $600 a shop will probably get $1200.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
on my 2010 I did my plugs -
on a scale of 1-10
10 being hard....

I give it a 4.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
rbarrios said:

Denso 673-7300 fits 2010 and newer as well as many other models with the 3.6DI engine. I don't know if they make one for 2009 and 2008.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
silvervettes said:
Just had a replacement coil go on my 2009 that I replaced at 68k and now went bad at 150k. Was on a long weekend trip with five others and the dog. Drove it 800 miles with a real bad miss on # 3 and now I did in my bank one catalytic converter. Debating doing it my self with two new oxygen sensors. It runs ok, but I can't clear the check engine light and it might be using a bit more fuel. It looks like a real pain to change though. I could do it for about $600 a shop will probably get $1200.
That's what happens when you drive too long with a misfire. You CAT goes TU

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
I actually bought a used 'good' coil off ebay. It came from a 3.6L in a Suzuki Grand Vitara I believe-- uses the GM 3.6.

The numbers on the coil are the same as the numbers on my Traverse (I compared #s from ebay auction to my pics of coils).

Anyways- I carried it with me on my long drive south of the border.
Just in case I detected a misfire. I could change it.
(Also took my handheld scanner).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
rbarrios said:
I actually bought a used 'good' coil off ebay. It came from a 3.6L in a Suzuki Grand Vitara I believe-- uses the GM 3.6.

The numbers on the coil are the same as the numbers on my Traverse (I compared #s from ebay auction to my pics of coils).

Anyways- I carried it with me on my long drive south of the border.
Just in case I detected a misfire. I could change it.
(Also took my handheld scanner).
After I had two Bosch coils fail on my 2008 STS (fortunately close to home) I always carry a spare coil and the tools to change one with me in my cars.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
in my case- I have the Densos.. no issues so far.
but cheap to carry around one out on the roadtrip. where parts may be hard to locate.
(also took a new water pump with me)-- ebay $96.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after about a week in the shop the mechanic changed out the Cam timing sensor. Drove it for a few miles going up a hill the check engine light pops back on. I'm so tired of this truck, I just want it to run correctly.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
What brand coil packs did you use? I did all 6 of mine last December and used ACDelco's and have had no issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing