EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm ready to order a CXL AWD with Entertainment Package #2, Driver Confidence Package, and sunroof but can't decide on the color. The thing that is throwing me off is the two-tone look on the car with the bottom color being different than the rest of the car....why do they do this?

At first I wanted Goldmist -- then White Diamond but wasn't sure if it was stupid to pay an upcharge just for the color. If I lease the car, then I think it's only about $9 per month extra for the color....if I did my math correctly.

Yesterday, I just received the gorgeous Enclave brochure by FedEx and it shows the color chips clearly, however, just when I was considering White Diamond Tricoat, I come on this site and find out that people's orders are being delayed just because of this color and that the color is being replaced with Platinum Ice??? This sounds like a silver color?

Is White Opal really ugly or something? Why is it not popular?

Here's the thing: I don't want a silver car because my last two SUVs (Yukon, Sequoia) have been silver. I don't want a red or blue car and dark cars are out for me because I'm not a frequent car wash person.

I've never had a white car so I thought I might like it for a change. So it is between the White Opal, the Goldmist or the White Diamond tricoat.

I'm really running out of time because my Sequoia lease is up in Dec. and the bank won't extend the lease.

Help -- what should I order?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmmm. I've always said color is a personal preference thing. There's really not a bad color for Enclave. I like your choices. Get the one that will not make you "wish you got the other one" when your vehicle comes in. If you compromise then you'll have doubts. Get what YOU want and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
IMO - Out of those three choices, I like the Diamond Tricoat. It doesn't have quite the contrast of the other 2 choices you listed. I was having the same dilemma when I was trying to decide on color - It was between the Platinum or the Tricoat........my hubby pointed out that any scratch on the tricoat would be difficult to match. We went with the Platinum.

They all look nice............look through the gallery, maybe that will help. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had the same problem deciding between the same three colors. I, first, eliminated the white diamond ($750 for a gallon of paint?!). I then had to see the white and the goldmist.
I chose the Goldmist after seeing one (at a dealer 65 miles from my house!)...It is not the brassy gold of the 80's & 90's, but rather subtle, classy and "rich" looking. Also, the lower cladding is a dark cocoa, so it goes well with the gold. The white is very nice, also. Actually, I usually buy white cars. I don't get too sick of the (non)color and it stay clean longer. But, there was something about the Goldmist Metallic that attracted me, and I love it now that I have it. This is all IMHO, of course.

Another thing about the White Diamond is it will not be an option very soon. So if you do decide on that you will need to order soon. Good luck in making your choice. I think it is best to try to actually see the colors, in person, even if on an Acadia or Outlook.[/color]
:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Good choice!! I have the White Opal and we love that, too! Don't be too disappointed about passing up the White Diamond, ($750 ????extra?) cause while it is pretty, if the "unthinkable" ever happens, it's a tough color for the body shop to match!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I currently have a white diamond ordered, but if you go to the buick website right now and build one, it isn't even available. You would have to ask your dealer if you can get it anymore. Might make your decision easier.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just went on the website - I didn't see the Diamond Tricoat....... :sosad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't order. Go find one. Do a vehicle locate. Then you can get your White Diamond. Mine just unloaded at Mira Loma and is due in the next day to my dealer. We traded our lease in early.

I haven't seen the White Opal, but I bet it's nice too. I have seen the Goldmist and I really like that as well. Coco would also hide the dirt as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe the white diamond is discontinued. You may be able to find one on a lot. I picked the white diamond specifically becasue the lower paint trim was lighter. After driving a black SUV for 5 years, I really welcome the change. NOW, after I got my white diamond Enclave, I was showing it to a friend who owns a body/paint shop acoss from my office and he said Vicki, if I knew you were gonna get that color, I would have talked you out of it. If I ever need paint work, he said its a pain in the a__ to get the color right and he wants nothing to do with it, (said insurance company would not pay him enough to do the job right) :mad:

·
Registered
413 Posts
What about all of those White Diamond Cadillacs that have been around for years. Consider all the other special paint colors around, they all get in accidents and get repaired. It's just a matter of getting a qualified shop such as a paint & body shop at a Cadillac dealer in the case of WDT.

We love our WDT Enclave and have no regrets about the color or the additional cost to get it. I'd do it again in a heart beat. The WDT with the silver bottom trim & Titanium interior is gorgeous.

Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
out of all of the enclave colors White diamond and black are almost tied for first. white diamond (well now it will have to be platnum ice tricoat) wins because it will hide dust better!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I waited from May 18th until Oct 09th to get my WDT Enclave and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it eventho I didn't sound like while I was waiting.
Someone mentioned buying off of the Lot, do it. That's your best bet. Go on line and locate one and call them. I'm happy with the Cashmere and the WDT. Good Luck with your decision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have not been able to locate one in my area with the features I want.

The reason I hesitate on the White Diamond Tricoat is I heard the wait times are longer with this color plus it will most likely be discontinued by the time my order is pulled.

Has anyone seen the Platinum Ice color in person? Is it more silver? I really want the Cashmere interior (sick of gray). It's kind of hard to visualize all this together if I can't see the color in person.

Why does the White Opal have to have that charcoal color on the bottom? Anyone know why they can't just paint these Enclaves a single color???

I guess I sound like I'm whining -- it's tough being so indecisive!! I drive my husband crazy!! ::) Of course, he has no patience for car reasearch or shopping. I even pick out his cars for him because he doesn't care what he drives....right now I'm researching an Acura MDX for him.

Anyway, back on topic -- any more input on the White Opal vs. the White Diamond vs. the Platinum Ice vs. Goldmist???

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Vikchic said:
I believe the white diamond is discontinued. You may be able to find one on a lot. I picked the white diamond specifically becasue the lower paint trim was lighter. After driving a black SUV for 5 years, I really welcome the change. NOW, after I got my white diamond Enclave, I was showing it to a friend who owns a body/paint shop acoss from my office and he said Vicki, if I knew you were gonna get that color, I would have talked you out of it. If I ever need paint work, he said its a pain in the a__ to get the color right and he wants nothing to do with it, (said insurance company would not pay him enough to do the job right) :mad:
It's just another factor to consider. $795 extra for paint cost when ordering White Diamond, and possible hassle in event of fender bender. Just info! If you really love it, who cares??? If you're on the "fence"...................it may help you decide! Anyway, it seems to be dropped now as a choice, so move fast and look on web to locate one if you have to have it! Be prepared to pay a little extra if you find one for sale on a lot! Dealers know they have a winner and some are demanding MSRP sticker price!! I have White Opal and love it! (see my pix if interested)

Just info..................... ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SRX, where would I find the photos of your White Opal?

How dark is the charcoal bottom half of the car? Does it really stand out a lot -- I can't visualize it and sometimes photos are hard to tell.

I read another thread which stated that the GM Canada website is showing the Enclaves painted a single tone color. Is this something that GM US will be switching to as well? Anyone have an inside scoop on this???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
go to the gallery by clicking on the gallery tab at the top of the website and there are tons of enclave pics, you can go directly to his gallery by clicking on the camera icon on one of his posts!

·
Registered
344 Posts
baseballmom94 said:
I'm really running out of time because my Sequoia lease is up in Dec. and the bank won't extend the lease.

Help -- what should I order?
Well you better hurry!! If you have to have your Enclave by December you're running out of time! My choice of the ones you are looking at is the gold mist. It looks really pretty. Speaking of gold mist, Rosita, why haven't you posted pics of your baby yet??? We want to see!! ;D

PS Oops my bad. Looks like you already did!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
baseballmom94 said:

How dark is the charcoal bottom half of the car? Does it really stand out a lot -- I can't visualize it and sometimes photos are hard to tell.

I read another thread which stated that the GM Canada website is showing the Enclaves painted a single tone color. Is this something that GM US will be switching to as well? Anyone have an inside scoop on this???
Yes, as stated, read one of my posts (like this one!) and then click on camera icon to left! I've posted a few body shots to show the Enclave door emblem I ordered ,and you can see the dark charcoal, lower trim. we like it as it seems to "lift' the vehicle and give it a more sporty look ...........IMO ! The Opal White is not a bright "refrigerator white" but it's very pretty and a true, non-yellow, almost ivory or
tooth white in appearance. We didn't like the sometimes "yellow" hue that the White Diamond can give. But the lower golden cladding that it comes with is certainly pretty! So I saved $795 !! (cost of WD extra!) ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
baseballmom94 said:

I've seen the White Opal and it is a great looking car - really they all are, it's just personal preference. The Charcoal bottom IS charcoal.......it is the sharpest of all of the contrasts available. I'm curious about the Platinum Ice Tricoat - I choose the Platinum over the WDT because, for me it was too much beige - I prefer a brighter white. I ordered the Platinum and now they come out with a "whiter" pearl........honestly, I would be happy with either. :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Rosita! Thanks for posting your picture! I can't wait to get my gold mist! I do have to say that I'm not sure I like the amount of contrast between the top and the bottom, but I think i will get used to it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts