EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my wife a new Enclave Cocoa color. Picked up today. Thought that was the color that was in brochure but seems to be a more grayish look than expected. Did Buick change the color formulation or does it look that different in real life. reason I ask is my wife sworn she saw one earlier this year that had more of a deep brown color similiar to that in brochure.
Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
The colors shown on the Bucik web site have not changed since production started.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've noticed it looks different depending on lighting (overcast vs. sunny). I have not yet purchased an Enclave, but am, too, interested in the cocoa as my only color choice (hard to find in my area!) but I have seen it twice and both times looked different! I can see why you think it looks different in the brochure. I felt the same way too...but it's all lighting, I think!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
kevinm said:
I just purchased my wife a new Enclave Cocoa color. Picked up today. Thought that was the color that was in brochure but seems to be a more grayish look than expected. Did Buick change the color formulation or does it look that different in real life. reason I ask is my wife sworn she saw one earlier this year that had more of a deep brown color similiar to that in brochure.
Thanks
When I was deciding on color I really loved the cocoa in the brochure. But when I saw it I was disappointed. It was in July...full Colorado sun...and it looked brownish-grayish. Did not have the sharp bronzy-brown look that I thought it would. Although I do think all the Enclaves are beautiful, I decided on the goldmist metallic instead. Hope your wife loves hers anyway![/color]

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a cocoa, and I absolutely love the color. I don't notice anything "grayish" about the color. In the sunshine, the metallic is so pretty and it does look bronze. The most frequent comments people make on my car are, "Wow those wheels are huge!" and "I love that color!" IMO the darker colors accentuate the chrome more. Especially the dark red color. If I were to get another Enclave I'd order either red or maybe even black! I haven't seen a black in person yet but I bet they are gorgeous! You will be happy with whatever you choose.

PS I spotted another Clave today, it was that (green/blue (?) color, which in my opinion was not very appealing). So that makes 3 Clave's I've passed on the roads since I got Halle. :angel:

·
Registered
333 Posts
kevinm said:
Thanks
Congrats we have the same color and love it. Go to my gallery album by pressing the camera icon under my name, I have 2 pictures of Charlie (Brown)...it looks like two different cars...

Good luck with it, awesome vehicle! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I must attest my wife wanted the cocoa but we ended up with black and glad we did. halle it does look sharp shined up, the problem is keeping black shined up!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I LOVE my cocoa and it seems like the cashmere interior with the dark cocoa dashboard/accents was made just for it! I have the huge, glossy brochure and the color depiction is fairly accurate, except I think mine glistens and shimmers better in real life. The metallic is hard to show in pictures I guess. I did see my first Gold Mist today and thought it was absolutely gorgeous! I thought the Gold Mist would b a totally boring color, but it looked BEAUTIFUL in person. Very creamy and not boring at all! Red will never be a boring color, Black is sooo classy (dh has a black car), that Dark Crimson is also very beautiful (often looks black) with the edginess of black cherry added for fun, the White Diamond Tricoat is stunning (another color I thought would be boring and saw in person and it's beautiful!) I saw a Blue Gold Crystal in our school parking lot on an Acadia and it was gorgeous in the sun, LOTS of shimmer. It is the coolest color to see in the metal samples at the dealer. When you turn it, the entire color completely changes form silvery to bluish, it's a MAJOR change according to the light. My main driving force in the color decicion was that I wanted the cashmere interior, and many of the colors would look best with the platinum or ebony interior. I still have not seen a Platinum or a White opal or a ming Blue(Very classy color, too), but I don't think you can go wrong with ANY of the colors and I would not hesitate to buy any color if that was available on the dealer's lot!

·
Registered
758 Posts
kevinm said:
Thanks
I think you are right about the color difference. In real life, there is not as much of a gold hue to the brown as is in the brochure. But give it a chance, and you will find it to look good on a bright sunny day.

TM

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought for sure I would be buying a cocoa metallice Enclave (bases on the internet pics) until I saw a couple of them in person and was not impressed. I then saw a WDT in a lot and knew right then and there I had found my color.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Huskers said:
I thought for sure I would be buying a cocoa metallice Enclave (bases on the internet pics) until I saw a couple of them in person and was not impressed. I then saw a WDT in a lot and knew right then and there I had found my color.
WDT is the only color my wife would have and as usual she was right!!
IMHO the chrome (especially those 19 inch chrome wheels) look better on the WDT than any other color.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. I have been getting so many compliments on the color and chrome rims, it is unbelievable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, I've got to stick up for Gold Mist! If you prefer light colors, this is easy on the eyes and not bad to keep clean like dark colors. And it goes well with the cashmere/cocoa interior. The 19" chromes really stand out and shine as well. Lots of compliments on our combo!! ;D ;D

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder........... :angel:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Obviously I like light colors (opal & WDT) but I thought the chrome rims that Buick offered were too flashy for the Enclave. Of course, they give me grief at Lexus for not getting the chrome on my sedans so maybe I am just too conservative.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I hate to crash this self appreciation cognitive dissonance party, but I am glad we didn't order the chrome wheels. They are nice, but the standard wheels on the CXL are nicer IMO, especially on WDT.

The standard wheels will probably hold up better in the winter without being washed (no chrome to tarnish) and don't have a center wheel cover that almost always gets messed up in cars after a bunch of miles.

My choice of color would be the WDT, the Gold Mist, the Cocoa, and then the Red Jewel in that order.

TM

·
Registered
73 Posts
The color on the Enclave can be a bit deceiving, depending on the weather and time of day. I just posted pictures of our Dark Crimson Metallic Enclave, formerly known as 'Bama. The name has been changed to Harvey (Harvard Crimson). In certain light and cloudy days it looks black. In bright sunshine it has a more dark cherry color. But I agree, any color looks good on this ride. I will say that the darker colors bring out the chrome accents a bit better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
you really can't go wrong on this vehicle. I have had mine for 1 month, adn I am still amazed at the rubbernecking.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My SO drives more than I do and he says people stare at the Enclave to the point of not paying attention where they are going. Has a few near misses because people are gawking!

They really do turn heads.

I saw another Enclave yesterday, the Platinum color. Looked good! That is the first Enclave I have seen other than ours!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts