EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to admit, I don't see that many Enclaves around here (Denver). How many owners from Colo are on here?

WB

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying hard to be one. My car was supposed to be produced week of 9/22 but has now been pushed back to 10/13 ???

I'm located in Erie. Haven't seen many around here.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
One of our most treasured, honored, and highly respected members is from Colorado. I am sure she will respond...oh wait, I was thinking of someone else, but I am sure the Colorado lady will respond anyway :angel:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have had ours since March. Love it. Other than I wished it had a bit more power, no issues. Just took it to Estes Park to view the Aspens last weekend.

South Denver

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
coopdog said:
We have had ours since March. Love it. Other than I wished it had a bit more power, no issues. Just took it to Estes Park to view the Aspens last weekend.

South Denver
Just wondering, do you have the May 8th transmission flash?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
One of our most treasured, honored, and highly respected members is from Colorado. I am sure she will respond...oh wait, I was thinking of someone else, but I am sure the Colorado lady will respond anyway :angel:
Hey Bsox, BITE ME, will ya! Signed: Senorita Rosita Carlitta Juanita Herold[/color] :-*

I'm new to the Greeley area, from Keenesburg (rilarsen from Erie, you will know where that is!) and there are at least 5 or 6 Enclaves in this area. Ft. Collins with a few, too. I travel the state a bit and I see a few on the road all the time, but mostly the Acadia. That's cuz we is special (right, bsox?!). ::)

Don't worry, rilarsen, it is absolutely worth the wait, and you will forget all about having to wait when you have it in your hot little hands! Who did you order it from?
[/color] ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
coopdog said:
No I don't think so. At our first oil change in August we asked if there was a flash update and the service dept said no.
Yes, you need to complain about the deadspot in the 30-50 mph range and give them the tsb number which you can find on the first post of the summary of tranny flashes thread on this site. If you get this done, you will no longer feel you are lacking in power, it is a different vehicle. Just a suggestion. Most have not seen a measurable drop in mpg either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cRaZyRoSiTa said:
Hey Bsox, BITE ME, will ya! Signed: Senorita Rosita Carlitta Juanita Herold[/color] :-*

I'm new to the Greeley area, from Keenesburg (rilarsen from Erie, you will know where that is!) and there are at least 5 or 6 Enclaves in this area. Ft. Collins with a few, too. I travel the state a bit and I see a few on the road all the time, but mostly the Acadia. That's cuz we is special (right, bsox?!). ::)

Don't worry, rilarsen, it is absolutely worth the wait, and you will forget all about having to wait when you have it in your hot little hands! Who did you order it from?
[/color] ;)
Rosita, I've been suppressing my excitement hoping the time will pass faster. Initially it was supposed to be produced week of 9/22, but somehow got bumped back from 3300 status to 3000 and pushed back to this week. It's my salesman's day off at King in Longmont, but I expect to hear tomorrow that she's rolled off the assembly line.

Every weekend our family drives near your parts (through Loveland) on the way to our cabin in Drake. I sure am looking forward to not only having the Enclave, but having a vehicle that is large enough so I don't have to ride scrunched in the passenger seat with the 22lb dog in my lap! Our current Grand Cherokee requires us to move the driver seats to the full forward position to fit 2 rear-facing child seats in the back. My wife feels it's unsafe for me put my 6'4" body in the drivers seat since my knees are pressed against the dash. So, I'm stuck in the passenger seat and the only room left for the dog is in my lap!

Can't wait for the Enclave to arrive...

·
Registered
425 Posts
rilarsen said:
Rosita, I've been suppressing my excitement hoping the time will pass faster. Initially it was supposed to be produced week of 9/22, but somehow got bumped back from 3300 status to 3000 and pushed back to this week. It's my salesman's day off at King in Longmont, but I expect to hear tomorrow that she's rolled off the assembly line.

Every weekend our family drives near your parts (through Loveland) on the way to our cabin in Drake. I sure am looking forward to not only having the Enclave, but having a vehicle that is large enough so I don't have to ride scrunched in the passenger seat with the 22lb dog in my lap! Our current Grand Cherokee requires us to move the driver seats to the full forward position to fit 2 rear-facing child seats in the back. My wife feels it's unsafe for me put my 6'4" body in the drivers seat since my knees are pressed against the dash. So, I'm stuck in the passenger seat and the only room left for the dog is in my lap!
rilarsen, you have made my day. You have made my day!
We had a place at the lake for over 20 years. We had no children so whenever possible it was off to the lake for the weekend. We normally carried from one to three dogs, one a Goldie and two cats. Fortunately we were either driving a Crew Cab or a Suburban.
Suggest folding the rear seat down for luggage, installing a commercial barrier to keep the dog back there and aware from the kids and enjoy the ride. I believe you will have plenty of room. Enjoy & travel safe!
BD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still waiting for mine...was told it would be mid-Oct originally...now it's the beg of Nov...perhaps. Getting from a family friend who has a dealership in Okla...I'm tke 3rd gen buying Buicks from them and it's a very hard habit to break...not that I'd want to

All I can say is..."just build the **** car!!"

Oh, and I see very very few Enclaves here in Denver..maybe once a week or two.

WB

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Wooly Bugger said:
Still waiting for mine...was told it would be mid-Oct originally...now it's the beg of Nov...perhaps. Getting from a family friend who has a dealership in Okla...I'm tke 3rd gen buying Buicks from them and it's a very hard habit to break...not that I'd want to

All I can say is..."just build the **** car!!"

Oh, and I see very very few Enclaves here in Denver..maybe once a week or two.

WB
That surprises me to hear you say you see very few Enclaves in Denver. I certainly see quite a few up in this area in northern Colorado! In fact there's a new GOLD MIST in my neck of the woods...bought from MY dealer, too! What nerve!!

:confused: A "fly-fishing vehicle"??!!?!?!!? Are you nuts?
[/color] :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
rilarsen said:

Don't think of it as "waiting"...think of it as ♥sweet♥ anticipation!![/color] :angel:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Big Daddy said:
rilarsen, you have made my day. You have made my day!
We had a place at the lake for over 20 years. We had no children so whenever possible it was off to the lake for the weekend. We normally carried from one to three dogs, one a Goldie and two cats. Fortunately we were either driving a Crew Cab or a Suburban.
Suggest folding the rear seat down for luggage, installing a commercial barrier to keep the dog back there and aware from the kids and enjoy the ride. I believe you will have plenty of room. Enjoy & travel safe!
BD
Glad to make you smile! When I read your post I thought to myself, "I'm sure glad we've been leaving the cat at home lately." That was a premature thought. On this weekends cabin trip my wife decided to not pack the Jeep to the headliner as usual. She saw this as a great opportunity to make a "shelf" on our bags for the cat to ride along. Perfect to our cat's nature, he ignored that amenity and gravitated either into my lap with the dog or would try to curl up in one of the child seats with our 8 month old twins.

So, that barrier sounds like a great idea, but more for the cat than the dog!

Looks like the Enclave may arrive as soon as this Friday in time for our next cabin trip. Hopefully the "SUV side" of this crossover is up to the challenge of 6 steep miles on a forest service road (improved dirt). I'll keep you all posted on how the rig fairs over time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts