EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Enclave last Thursday and took it on a 700 mile round trip, all appears to be well. Quick question i noticed condensation in the headlamp assembly on the top of it near the right quarter panel area...Is this normal anyone else notice it? I live in PA and it has been below freezing at night time.

G

·
no its not, our left rear tail light did that and we took it in to the dealer and they resealed it and now its fine.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....i didnt think so either but who the **** knows. GM had to repurchase a Torrent back from me based on a BBB arbitrator's decision so maybe some sabotage in the works.... ;D J/K

·
Registered
333 Posts
when I picked up my Enclave it was pouring rain and both headlight assemblies had a bit a fog in them. It cleared and nothing since then, I'll be keeping an eye on them!...I'm in PA also.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is almost always a sign of a leak in the lamp assembly. Take it to the dealer and request the entire assembly be changed. Resealing an existing one may not be the best way to repair. Keep and eye out after the repair to make sure the new one doesn't have a leak either. Get it all done under warranty because paying for it later will cost big $$$$.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...I laugh because as I had mentioned earlier I had to go through the Better Business Bureau via arbitration to get my 2007 pontiac torrent replaced as it was subpar at best. Needless to say seeing this minor problem just makes me continue to shake my head in the inability for GM to get it right the first time. I love the ENCALVE but if I didn't have to pick a GM vehicle as a replacement I would not have due to obvious quality control issues. I will be calling the dealer on Monday who have been wonderful throughout the replacment of my Torrent. I am sure they will be glad to see me.. ;D...John I was just down in Philly last week for a Flyers game!

G

·
PAPoPo said:
lol...I laugh because as I had mentioned earlier I had to go through the Better Business Bureau via arbitration to get my 2007 pontiac torrent replaced as it was subpar at best. Needless to say seeing this minor problem just makes me continue to shake my head in the inability for GM to get it right the first time. I love the ENCALVE but if I didn't have to pick a GM vehicle as a replacement I would not have due to obvious quality control issues. I will be calling the dealer on Monday who have been wonderful throughout the replacment of my Torrent. I am sure they will be glad to see me.. ;D...John I was just down in Philly last week for a Flyers game!

it funny to me how the problems go to people who hate gm and if they have a little problem, its another vehicle by gm thats bad, i mean come on, if you had bought what ever else you were looking at, im sure you would have had a little problem here and there, i have owned gm since i turned 16, it started with a 1987 gmc k5 jimmy, drove it to around 250k miles, all i did was change the oil and tires, i had a 99 suburban where i put a new starter and oil and tires on. after the suburban i tried an 05 expidetion, at about 8000 miles (keep in mind i run hard, off roading, towing, full throttle starts alot while towing, etc) anyway the ford being run like that could not take it and it threw a rod and cracked the block so bad the entire thing FELL OUT in 5 chuncks of medel on the road, what does that tell you there, i sued, got my money back, bought an 06 yukon xl, run it the same way, just hit 35k on the od COMPLETLY trouble free, i have modded it a little though (high preformace alternator, HID's, projector headlights with angle eyes, preformance chip, removed speed gov, but this is an enclave forum so back to that) my point is that every car has problems, im just lucky to only put a ton of money in to my cars because i want to change or add stuff not becasue they have problems, so you see , one little problem is not a reason to get all up tight about how gm makes awful cars and trucks, because thats just not the case!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well since you insist on critiquing my opinion without any insight into the reason I feel the way I do I will respond with this: this is my 6th Gm vehicle and to be honest not one has been a succesful buy for me. I can only share with you my real life and experiences from those purchases. It is my opinion on GM and Im glad to see yours is more positive. Im sure if you ask the other people who had problems with a GM they'd agree with me and those that havent had issues would agree with you. Sorry for raising your blood pressure. BTW you said they resealed your light, if they did it isnt a proper repair. My neighbor is a GM mechanic for over 20 years and informed me the whole assemly needs to be replaced there is no way to reseal them so to speak...just an FYI.

G

·
PAPoPo said:
Well since you insist on critiquing my opinion without any insight into the reason I feel the way I do I will respond with this: this is my 6th Gm vehicle and to be honest not one has been a succesful buy for me. I can only share with you my real life and experiences from those purchases. It is my opinion on GM and Im glad to see yours is more positive. Im sure if you ask the other people who had problems with a GM they'd agree with me and those that havent had issues would agree with you. Sorry for raising your blood pressure. BTW you said they resealed your light, if they did it isnt a proper repair. My neighbor is a GM mechanic for over 20 years and informed me the whole assemly needs to be replaced there is no way to reseal them so to speak...just an FYI.
they resealed it and its better than the factory, i know the owner of the dealer ship, they treat me well, so i trust him better, they also told me if i was ever in a accident he could make it better than factory, they have a frame straiting machine that makes the doors, hood, truck and every thing else shut TIGHTER than factory, also it will be built back up and more secure with a better fit and finish that stock which gm has gotton much better at, so thats hard to beat. If they can do that, i think they can seal a simple light housing. plus if it fails, i get a cool loaner car, my last loaner was a dodge viper, so i dont complain. they do the work them selves, not with a machine,and the light looks better than the other one so i had them re seal that one too.

again, sorry that you had trouble with your other gm's, to me i think that cadillac, chevy, and gmc are built the best. the off brands like buick, pontiac, sabb, saturn, are not in gm's favor to make them perfect because their most popular is chevy gmc and cadillac. ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Speaking of doors shutting tight, my rear passenger side door sticks out a little tiny bit more than the other side door. Can everyone check their doors? Run you hand over where it closes, it should be flat except for the small opening. Not major in any way, but I am leary to even mention it to the dealer since my last van had major door issues after they tried to adjust the closing of it (slider). Is it a major deal to adjust (or even possible?), or should I just live with it? It really is only about an eighth of an inch out and only noticeable if you run your hand over it, not by sight. Nitpicky, I know :) Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
they resealed it and its better than the factory, i know the owner of the dealer ship, they treat me well, so i trust him better, they also told me if i was ever in a accident he could make it better than factory, they have a frame straiting machine that makes the doors, hood, truck and every thing else shut TIGHTER than factory, also it will be built back up and mor sucure with a better fit and finish that stock which gm has gotton much better at so thats hard to beat, if they can do that, i think they can seal a simple light housing. plus if it fails, i get a cool lonar car, my last loaner was a dodge viper, so i dont complain. they do the work them selves, not with a machine, they do it them selves, and it looks better than the other one so i had them re seal that one too.

again, sorry that you had trouble with your other gm's, to me i think that cadillac, chevy, and gmc are built the best. the off brands like buick, pontiac, sabb, saturn, are not in gm's favor to make them perfect because their most popular is chevy gmc and cadillac. ;)
This post is to absurd for a reply.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
43sbest said:
This post is to absurd for a reply.
So do I have this right? GM makes Buicks (including my 42000 dollar vehicle in my driveway) with flaws on purpose so that Chevys, caddies, and GMCs stand out from the others?

wonder what Mr. Buick will think when he finds out?

G

·
im not saying buick is bad, i just think, agree , and know for a fact, that if it were not for the enclave that buick would probaby have headed the same route as oldsmobile. i am also saying while buick makes awsome cars, but gm's top three for both selling and marketing are cadillac, chevy, and gmc.

and dont say that this is an opinion, i know some good people who know everything that goes on with gm, like the owner of hall auto, one of the largest gm and chrysler dealer ships in the state of va. ;) we talk to them every day, and my father has know him since grade school.

so do we want to argue who is right or wrong, or do we want to argue our opinions on this, im just staiting facts, and responding to some questions, but i think we all know who holds the best cards on this ;)

EDIT- excuse me i have made an error, chevrolet is no 1, gmc is number 2 and PONTIAC IS NUMBER 3. NOT CADILLAC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The ONLY problem with this blog are the very few people that attack anyone that makes a negative comment about GM or one of its cars. It is unbelievably predictable. Wait for someone to make a negative comment and set your watch. Within a few minutes the entertainment begins.

My advice to general readers is to use this site to mine some really good info on the Enclave. Every so often, you will run into nonsense replies by folks that live in Jonestown. When you do, read it and have a laugh - then keep reading get some great info.

Other than that small nuisance issue, you will not find better info on the Enclave anywhere.

·
Registered
413 Posts
bsox said:
So do I have this right? GM makes Buicks (including my 42000 dollar vehicle in my driveway) with flaws on purpose so that Chevys, caddies, and GMCs stand out from the others?

Must be true; I'm guessing there's a meeting at GM Corporate Headquarters at the start of every production year to determine which GM divisions will turn out junk and which will turn out the ones that are perfect. Chevrolet, Cadillac and GMC apparently win out every year. If I had know all of this when I ordered the Enclave I would have gladly forked over another 20+thousand for an Esclade with those 22 inch wheels!!

Considering the Enclave, Outlook and Acadia are all built at the same plant I guess the Enclave and Outlook are built by "day labor" and "special high tech" union workers are on the Acadia line.

G

·
43sbest said:
Must be true; I'm guessing there's a meeting at GM Corporate Headquarters at the start of every production year to determine which GM divisions will turn out junk and which will turn out the ones that are perfect. Chevrolet, Cadillac and GMC apparently win out every year. If I had know all of this when I ordered the Enclave I would have gladly forked over another 20+thousand for an Esclade with those 22 inch wheels!!

Considering the Enclave, Outlook and Acadia are all built at the same plant I guess the Enclave and Outlook are built by "day labor" and "special high tech" union workers are on the Acadia line.
ok sure, lets make fun of this now, i was simply staiting that gm is going to focus design ideas more towards their more expensive line or their most popular, like chevy, their number one selling brand. now im not saying buick is any different, im just saying the better design ideas are going to go to the expensive lines before the basic lines, like cadillac. their going to make special features only avaliable to them, like live traffic from xm, or a heated steering wheel, its only marketing, and its the truth, the enclave may be a nice car, but it certainly is not gm's finest, gm's finest is their cadillac's , becasue their the luxury line, i personally think the esclade is alot nicer than the enclave, but i still love the enclave, i also personally like the lincoln mark lt better than the cadillac esv, now that may just be the precious ford guy talking in me, but that can be IMO.

keep in mind also that this is the first year model, while the suburban has been out since 1935.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ill be honest thunder, I thought this forum would be refreshing but I decided to troll through some of your posts and you act like a "know it all". I must agree with the other people who posted regarding your recent post. Secondly I had 2 people who I don't know from Adam pm me and tell me to ignore you.....maybe it's time to take a step back and look at your opinions and reactions to individuals on here who post to gain insight to their problems with their vehicle. No one really cares if you get a Viper as a loaner vehicle when you take it into the shop or if the dealer you deal with is the best dealership in the world. The majority of your posts turn into bragging expeditions about yourself. Believe it or not, there are individuals on here who have more insight and knowledge thatn you do but probably do not post because they don't want to be "critiqued" by someone like you. Sounds immature? you bet, take a look at yourself. Lastly, just an FYI for your dealership regarding the condensation in the headlights, the headlights are vented and there is a TSB regarding this issue. It is normal for some condensation in the headlight assembly. Lastly, I asked my dealer about sealing them as you so proudly informed us your dealer did this for you. My dealership informed me that if they are sealed you take a huge risk either that they melt the plastic assembly or possibly explode due to the heat generated by these lights.....you may want to talk to your dealer who goes against GM specs ;)

G

·
PAPoPo said:
Ill be honest thunder, I thought this forum would be refreshing but I decided to troll through some of your posts and you act like a "know it all". I must agree with the other people who posted regarding your recent post. Secondly I had 2 people who I don't know from Adam pm me and tell me to ignore you.....maybe it's time to take a step back and look at your opinions and reactions to individuals on here who post to gain insight to their problems with their vehicle. No one really cares if you get a Viper as a loaner vehicle when you take it into the shop or if the dealer you deal with is the best dealership in the world. The majority of your posts turn into bragging expeditions about yourself. Believe it or not, there are individuals on here who have more insight and knowledge thatn you do but probably do not post because they don't want to be "critiqued" by someone like you. Sounds immature? you bet, take a look at yourself. Lastly, just an FYI for your dealership regarding the condensation in the headlights, the headlights are vented and there is a TSB regarding this issue. It is normal for some condensation in the headlight assembly. Lastly, I asked my dealer about sealing them as you so proudly informed us your dealer did this for you. My dealership informed me that if they are sealed you take a huge risk either that they melt the plastic assembly or possibly explode due to the heat generated by these lights.....you may want to talk to your dealer who goes against GM specs ;)
they didn't litrally reseal them, they did it to gm specs just with out having to order another head light asslembly. i dont feel like arguing about how i act or how much i brag, you may not know this but thats just how the other half lives ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gee, I notice that there's some condensation in my front headlight assembly occasionally. Up until now, my reaction has been, "Gee, there's a little condensation in my front headlight assembly." And then I get in my Enclave and off I go.

But now that I've read these posts I feel obligated to make a stink about it. Whom do I choke?

Big "Too Easygoing" Larry
:beer:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
bsox said:

"what will MRBUICK think"
I think some posts on this thread are absurd. However, every manufacturer has problems (even Toyota/Lexus), and the whole key is how well they take care of things after the sale. :thumb:
As far as some GM divisions being sacrificed for others ???

PAPoPo, I hope you have a satisfactory resolution.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts