EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the fact the Enclave has three full rows of seats, a superior exterior and interior design, and a quieter cabin, this provides even MORE confirmation on why I'm stoked on being an Enclave owner...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-pilot-future.html

...as the Honda Pilot, IMO is one uuuuuuuhhhhhhgleeeeeeehhhheeeee mofo. It's like a box on wheels...as if their design team took a break and decided to use the previous year's design. I have to admit, I was considering a Honda Pilot or a Buick Enclave, but I didn't like the design of the '08 and before models of the Honda, and was curious what the '09 model would bring. Given that Honda took so long to bring this current model (the '09) here, and because I was so impressed with the Enclave, I went with the Buick. My first American car. Now that I'm looking at what the '09 model of the Honda Pilot brings to the table, I'm so happy in my decision in the Enclave...confirming what I already know--I love 'ol Ethel.

:thumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My favorite comment on that site... ;D ROFL...

"looks like an element and a pathfinder had sex"

...sorry, that just had me rollin, and spot on all at the same time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
marzetta7 said:
My favorite comment on that site... ;D ROFL...

"looks like an element and a pathfinder had sex"

...sorry, that just had me rollin, and spot on all at the same time.
When my wife turns her Enclave on, it returns the favor :eek: (Stolen from Cadillac of course) Not sure what that Pilot does but none of it is good. Hideous comes to mind.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cruiser68 said:
When my wife turns her Enclave on, it returns the favor :eek: (Stolen from Cadillac of course) Not sure what that Pilot does but none of it is good. Hideous comes to mind.
LOL. Hideous indeed is the new Pilot. I just can't believe that they've had this much time and simply couldn't come up with a good design. It's just as disappointing as the Toyota Sequoia redesign. And I don't know if you saw the sketch of the redesigned Honda Pilot, but it didn't look anything like this boxy incarnation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What is up with the bright blue leather seats? ???

·
Registered
349 Posts
marzetta7 said:
LOL. Hideous indeed is the new Pilot. I just can't believe that they've had this much time and simply couldn't come up with a good design. It's just as disappointing as the Toyota Sequoia redesign. And I don't know if you saw the sketch of the redesigned Honda Pilot, but it didn't look anything like this boxy incarnation.
You mean the overstuffed twinkie! That's what the new Sequoia looks like to me. Really seemed that the Japanese were out-designing Detroit for a while coming out with slick new designs. Hopefully that is reversing course as Detroit has come out with quite a few VERY WELL designed vehicles that may actually get your pulse moving!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would put forward the X6 from BMW - saw it last night on the Detroit show review what a pointless waste of time. More style statement than functional unit. My 2 Euros worth.

Why do BMW alway think people want a jacked up cars or coupes - maybe because people with too much money bought the first two, X3 and X5. Oh and to be so exclusive. ???

·
Registered
758 Posts
Gee, I haven't seen it in person, but I predict it will sell like hotcakes.

Yes, its a conservative design: a box with wheels. But so is a Suburban.

A lot in common with the Lambda platform. Just not appealing to the Enclave audience styling wise.

I would be wary of Honda automatic transmissions, so it would be a hard sell for me. And I wonder what the real world fuel economy numbers would be.

TM

·
Registered
413 Posts
That interior color is awfull!!
My oldest Daughter won't be happy when she sees the 09 Pilot. She has an 07 and is waiting for the 09 because they are supposed to have a "touring edition" but she is not going to like the looks of this thing. It kind of looks like the Jeep Commander, Pathfinder or that square looking Dodge (what ever it's called). From the photos it does look like it might be longer than the present Pilot and therefore have more room behing the third row.
Did I mention that the interior color is awfull!!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It reminds me of the Commander, too. Or maybe a Nissan Armada.

But, I dunno. I sort of like the blue seats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rented a Jeep Commander in Phoenix once...had about 6 inches behind the third row and was about the worst designed car I've been in next to the Pontiac Asstek (misspelling intended ;D).

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
marzetta7 said:
Rented a Jeep Commander in Phoenix once...had about 6 inches behind the third row and was about the worst designed car I've been in next to the Pontiac Asstek (misspelling intended ;D).
It's amazing that the late Buick Rendezvous sold so well. A reporter once called it an Aztek with some of the ugly scraped off.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
379 Posts
axiama said:
It reminds me of the Commander, too. Or maybe a Nissan Armada.

But, I dunno. I sort of like the blue seats.
I agree with you. The blue seats themselves are not bad at all. In fact they are a nice blue. They are a MAJOR contrast to that light interior. Just something that you don't see too often.

I am sure my partner would love it. He loves just about anything blue.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The blue looks very airliner-ish...I think it could grow on you...I do like the blue of the instrument panel very much! Very nice color blue... I wish we had it in the Enclave to match the blue clock and blue headlights....wish I knew why they went with green!

·
Registered
509 Posts
*Enclave* said:
The blue looks very airliner-ish...I think it could grow on you...I do like the blue of the instrument panel very much! Very nice color blue... I wish we had it in the Enclave to match the blue clock and blue headlights....wish I knew why they went with green!
Hopefully most here realize, though this IS the next Pilot, the wheels, colors, etc. are CONCEPT. Basically, it's a standard vehicle dressed in "different" colors and such that make it show-worthy.

Stock will be the typical gray, beige, and black inside, and the wheels will be dumbed down a tad.

·
Registered
509 Posts
43sbest said:
From the photos it does look like it might be longer than the present Pilot and therefore have more room behing the third row.
They made small changes to increase people space, but the new Pilot is NOT much different than the current vehicle in terms of interior seating and space, as is clear from the pictures. The 3rd row and the space behind it, in particular, are very much the same, without any real difference.

Very clear here, and there are many things that look like the same design still:

2007:

2009:

You could almost think of it as a reskin. It is technically all new, but they seem to have done VERY little in the way of interior dimensions or packaging.

There was an article that came out not long after the Acadia and Outlook first came out that quoted a Honda engineer/person as being dumbfounded by the new GM Lambda's, and that they were instantly worried when they saw how good the GM's were in reality, especially as far as styling, materials, and adaptability. They can still expect Honda loyalists to trade old Pilots for new...but the new one is REALLY nothing special, and doesn't seem to have taken much of any step forward in many ways.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just found a picture of the Enclave concept car. Very cool with those fold down trays and a DVD screen for the front passenger in their visor. Dashboard looks the same, the second row looks way different even without the console issue. Two DVd screens overhead, more wood grain:
http://tinyurl.com/2qlcd9

·
Registered
349 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I just found a picture of the Enclave concept car. Very cool with those fold down trays and a DVD screen for the front passenger in their visor. Dashboard looks the same, the second row looks way different even without the console issue. Two DVd screens overhead, more wood grain:
http://tinyurl.com/2qlcd9
Now that looks SWEET!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would love to see the folddown tray tables for the kids to draw, have snacks, etc. I wonder if they just think peole don't want them or if it is a safety issue.

·
Registered
509 Posts
New2Buick said:
I would love to see the folddown tray tables for the kids to draw, have snacks, etc. I wonder if they just think peole don't want them or if it is a safety issue.
It's a "that's a concept" issue, and also cost. Even little things add a lot more to cost, and with the Enclave sharing a lot with the Acadia/Outlook, anything that's further different than it already is, adds to plant cost and complexity.

The OTHER thing is leaving room for future upgrading and improvement, such as if a Super model was to come out, and maybe it would have extra features such as that. It likely won't, but that's always a considering.

Still...maybe this thread would be better going back to the original Pilot discussion it started with?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts