EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with the vehicle line manager for the Lambdas and she confirmed to me that cooled seats would become available for the 2009 model year. She would not confirm HUD or the DI engine.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
:woot: Now we're talking. With cooled seats I would go for a CXL instead of a CX! Hey - I just noticed this do you think the "L" in CXL stands for leather?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey, I may have to trade in our '08 this time next year and get an '09 with "butt-coolers" as I like to call 'em! That's good news, but I can't wait to get our Enclave. I wonder if it could be "retro-fitted" fairly easily?

·
Registered
158 Posts
axiama said:
Hey - I just noticed this do you think the "L" in CXL stands for leather?
DUH!

Had to do it! Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
OK, gess Im' teh stoopid one todae. :drunk: Blame it on ccaats.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey, but at least you're "happy" and having a good day, axiama ;D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i cant wait that long for an enclave!! but do you know if we could add the heated seats to the second row? since its an acessory option

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i thought the l standed for luxury.
i never knew i just thought it was a couple letter that sounded cool together! what does CX stand for then?

·
Registered
249 Posts
"X" might stand for Crossover, or is that "C" for Crossover, or maybe "CX" for Crossover... Ok, I give up, you guys figure it out. :banghead:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thought I've seen other Buick models with the CX and CXL designations, so I doubt it is anything crossover or SUV or Enclave specific.

As for retrofitting cooled seats, I doubt it unless they are using some sort of peltier cooling system. Otherwise, you're talking about a lot of ductwork to get cool air to the appropriate area, and that likely requires body/frame modification in the door jamb and floor area to make it work, as well as tweaking underneath the dash and kick panels.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
As for retrofitting cooled seats, I doubt it unless they are using some sort of peltier cooling system. Otherwise, you're talking about a lot of ductwork to get cool air to the appropriate area, and that likely requires body/frame modification in the door jamb and floor area to make it work, as well as tweaking underneath the dash and kick panels.
Oh well, I was afraid of that....guess my butt will just have to stay hot during these toasty Alabama summers. :hot:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not saying it is impossible... just that you would likely require a hefty dose of determination (and not let your wife anywhere near the garage for about three days!).

:D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i would have it done at the dealer or somewhere!! not by myself!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Great news. I was drooling over a line of lambda's over at Saturn this last weekend (also at the Buick dealer who was nice enough to leave a $45,000 Enclave unlocked..). It was 90 degrees and sunny here in St. Louis - about mid day. The two Outlooks with black leather were radiating heat through the windows. I could feel heat 3 inches from the window with my palm. I have to think even remote start A/C would not cool those seats down very fast. Pumping cold air (I assume thats how it works) through the seats might make it possible to own black leather here.

What will they add next?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The only thing I disliked about the cooled seats in our Expedition was the effect it had on the heated seats. The way Ford implemented it was to use a fan to heat and cool the seats. Due to this the heated seats took longer to heat up than the normal resistance elements. I like the instant gratification in the winter.

G

·
zman said:
The only thing I disliked about the cooled seats in our Expedition was the effect it had on the heated seats. The way Ford implemented it was to use a fan to heat and cool the seats. Due to this the heated seats took longer to heat up than the normal resistance elements. I like the instant gratification in the winter.
its a ford what do you expect it. them acully to make somthing work right. c'mon thats like asking for a tree to grow money.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I thought I've seen other Buick models with the CX and CXL designations, so I doubt it is anything crossover or SUV or Enclave specific.
You're right, my Rendezvous is a CXL and there is also a CX model.[/color]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts