EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post here, so feel free to move and/or delete this topic if it's not in the right place.

I just purchased the Enclave of which the original price was $37,205.00. But the salesman convinced the manager to take off $205, and we agreed on the price of $37,000. When I picked up the car from the dealership, they mentioned this conquest rebate of $500, of which I was previously not told, and I was under the impression that the rebate was in addition to our agreed price of $37,000. However, when I looked at the receipt, I saw that the finance guy had added $500 onto our agreed price, making it a total of $37,500 before rebate. I called the dealership and the manager said that the price we agreed on included the rebate, even though I was not told about it. Is this acceptable procedures for rebates, or am I getting ripped off?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Forbiddenwaffles; If you agreed to 37,205 as the purchase price, then the conquest rebate would be minus 500. Leaving it at 36,705 plus whatever additional was discussed with you and the manager. It should not have increased the price.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Alot of times any advertised price includes all rebates and such which would include your conquest cash.

Did you bring an advertised price to the dealership or did you just start negotiating from the sticker? If you started with the sticker and got a price quote of $37000 without discussing the conquest cash then I think the dealer is taking the $$ and running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, there was no price that the dealership was advertising. The manager printed out a quote from buick.com (because the prices of the packages were the same on the website) and told me that it was at $37,205. My salesman managed to take off $205. Making the grand total of $37,000.

Thanks for all of your help guys, I'm off to the dealership to try to fix this mess. Haha. Thank you again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts