EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2012 Enclave but I have gotten a little worried reading about the Transmission Wave Plate issue. What can anyone tell me about this? Should I be worried about it? There are 43,000 miles on the car.

Thanks,
Hanzmoeman

·
Registered
150 Posts
The wave plate was more of a problem in the early models. I owned a 09 Traverse, It was a major issue in that model year.

·
Registered
657 Posts
2012 the warranty is going to expire soon. That is why you are not seeing any complaints here. We have more complaints in this forum upto 2010 because the warranty is up and now the car is in the second hand owner. If you are ready to spend from $1,000 to $5,000 you are good to go. I can give you my friend's phone number in Texas if you are interested. We both bought the 2010 enclave in 2009 brand spanking new. I wise up and sold my enclave in 2014 for a total benefit of $19,200. He held on to enclave. Now after 60,000 miles his enclave is in the workshop for last 3 weeks for a head repair. Expecting a bill from any where $1000-$2500. Also his one AC blower is short. He is getting rid of it as soon is he get it back from the dealership. He might sell it for $11,000- $12, 000. He is in Houston, Texas.
By the by Enclave is a beautiful, comfortable ride for 8 people. Well this is my personal opinion and I am not a fan of any brands.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hanzmoeman said:
Thanks for the comments that makes me feel better. Going to look at it tomorrow. ;D
I would look into a extended warranty. My out of pocket money that I spent on my traverse was next to nothing. I did use the warranty more than what I paid for it. I use GM warranty. No aftermarket. I will do the same when the factory warranty runs out on the Buick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts