EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in nearly 13 years my Enclave that I bough while in the US in 2009 needed to be towed as it did not start anymore. The Bosch mechanic found out that the control unit of the fuel pump failed (25967325). I was lucky to have a collegue who visits Tucson/AZ at the moment so he went to a Buick dealer for me and they would have the part but said that it has to be programmed directly on the car. As the car is in Germany that s not possible. The car is still in great shape and in would be a waste if I would have to send it to the junk yard. Unfortunately the mechanics here dont have the possibility to programm the part on the car. I know there are not many Enclave driving in Germany or even Europe but my hope is that someone reads this post who has a car in Europe and had the same problem. Any ideas what could be done to save my car would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
67 Posts
GM did own Opel / SAAB for a while, so maybe a dealer or mechanic can possibly program the module for you with GM's tis2web or the newer Techline Connect ( Techline Connect Diagnostic System Software | ACDelco ) Since both of those sites only require a module compatible with SAE-J2534 to interface with the car and they should be familiar with the software.

If you're willing to try yourself - I would buy a vxdiag GM interface module from vxdiagshop (or Amazon) - It will cost you about 100 Euros. You'll need a Windows laptop to install the software on, but you'll be able to program the module yourself. You might have to purchase a GM SPS license to program it at about 40 Euros from ACDelco TDS .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will discuss the info with the Bosch mechanic on Monday when they are open again. The costs are low compared to the loss if I would have to dump the car. Enclaves are rare in Europe as they were never offcially sold here. So a 13 year old car with the low mileage of 110 000km ( less than 70 000 mls ) can cost easily 10 000 Dollar and that is if one becomes available for sale.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GM did own Opel / SAAB for a while, so maybe a dealer or mechanic can possibly program the module for you with GM's tis2web or the newer Techline Connect ( Techline Connect Diagnostic System Software | ACDelco ) Since both of those sites only require a module compatible with SAE-J2534 to interface with the car and they should be familiar with the software.

If you're willing to try yourself - I would buy a vxdiag GM interface module from vxdiagshop (or Amazon) - It will cost you about 100 Euros. You'll need a Windows laptop to install the software on, but you'll be able to program the module yourself. You might have to purchase a GM SPS license to program it at about 40 Euros from ACDelco TDS .
I was able to get the part from a Buick dealer in Tucson and a friend who visited Tucson brought the part this week to Germany. Also the vxdiag interface came fast with the help of amazon USA and UPS. The Bosch station was able to download the appropriate software SPS as well. The mechanic just called and said that all works fine except they don t manage to get the VIN number to the software and that is required to programm the control unit. If anybody has an idea what we might do wrong a message would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.